Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kindness: One of Heart

+4
TheCavalry
Crystalite
Paper Shadow
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kindness: One of Heart Empty Kindness: One of Heart

Post  Copper Rose Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:58 pm

A bright and sunny morning- or at least, that's what it looks like it's going to be, since the sun isn't up yet. It's barely 7 am in Seaddle in a new year, and many of you stayed up late for the new year's party last night with the rest of the station.

The daily morning briefing starts in about 10 minutes, and the station's coffee machine is fresh out of coffee (though more is being made this very moment). The briefing room is full of half-asleep and actually asleep cops, with about 6 seats left open.

((Posting order is the order in which you enter))
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Kindness: One of Heart Empty Re: Kindness: One of Heart

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Justified walks into the station, perfectly awake and refreshed. Having avoided the station party last night, choosing to drink alone and sleep in his own bed, he strolls in business as usual. Seeing there's no coffee yet, her shrugs and takes a seat in his usual spot when he's on assignment with the Seaddle PD. He kicks his hooves up and waits.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Eye Spy was already there.

Of course, he preferred to keep ponies unaware of this fact. He found his skills as a private contracter were better respected if he demonstrated them when called upon, and stayed out of sight when not. He had not participated in the new year's celebration, except for a somewhat better wine than he normally had at night. He glanced at his watch: nearly 7 A.M. Briefing time would be soon.

A panel in the ceiling came away above the table. A red coated unicorn looked down silently through the new hole, sporting his usual navy sports jacket and tie as he wondered when these ponies would learn to look up once in a while...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:34 pm

Brass Bolt slowly walks into the station avoiding any direct interaction with the light. While not normally the type to party hard Brass had managed to get caught up in the celebrations and even though she had left the party early enough to have obtained the barest minimum of actual sleep nevertheless she had awoken to an inevitable hangover. Making her way to the open chair furthest forward she rubs her temples to attemt to dispell her headache in the absence of coffee.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:02 pm

WInter walked in, very slowly, blear-eyed, and not certain he had put on his uniform correctly. He might have partied a bit to much, but hey, he was an adult, legally, mentally, and (finally) chronologically, so why shouldn't he party with his fellow police officers, dammit?!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Shimmer give a small shake of his head as he looked at the ponies milling about the briefing room, most of which were asleep in their chairs. He hadn’t been able to attend the party last night due to having plans with his farther....and what a nightmare that had been, though it seemed he had gotten off lightly compared to the state some of these ponies were in.
He settled into one of the few remaining chairs with a sigh, hopefully today would be decent enough to make him forget about last night.

Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Security Blanket was not what any pony would call a 'party animal'. She had attended the celebrations the night before mostly as a matter of obligation, then left as soon as it was polite to do so. That was part of the reason why, when she entered the room, she looked fresh, her uniform  done up without a button out of place.

The other reason- a better reason- was because she had already been up for an hour. Laos and push ups didn't just help keep her in shape; it helped her wake up as well. Just because it was the start of a new year didn't mean there was any reason to slack on the routine.

She glanced at the officers already present before taking the sixth seat as her own.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:45 am

Well it's a good thing Gallagher is running late and totally not still asleep from the New Years Party. If he arrived on time there would be no seats for the police officers, and who knows what sort of madness that would lead to. There would be riots on the streets! But thoughtful Gallagher is not present, and thus has saved the day...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Eye Spy saw his oppurtunity to enter when Security Blanket walked in. He carefully replaced the panel, and up in the ceiling he got busy, doing three tasks at once.

He padded across the rafters towards another panel he had removed in a locked broom closet, pulling out his disguise kit as he went, using the small mirror to start applying his magical disguise, using makeup to touch it up here and there, muttering to himself as he went.

"I am Security Blanket. I am Security Blanket. I am Security Blanket. I am Security Blanket. There we are!"

"Security Blanket" came out of the closet, navigating the hallways to the briefong room and stepping inside, immediately locking his gaze on the real Blanket.

"...Ah. I see that Eye Spy is already here," "Security Blanket" said in an irritated tone, the same that Blanket used so often in his presence...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Blanket met the gaze evenly, but someone who was paying close enough attention- like the pony in disguise, for instance- might have noticed her eyes flicker with irritation.

Her voice, however, remained cool and steady. "Isn't it  a little early for one of your games, Spy?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:59 pm

"It is early, Spy," he responded behind the mask, keeping up the charade. "But since when does the hour matter to proffesionals like ourselves? I am neither hungover nor tired, and I doubt you are either. Unlike some of our.." He trailed off to look at the sleeping officers, trying to pick a word Blanket would use. "Coworkers."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 pm

"So you aren't pretending to be a mare  because you're drunk. That doesn't help," Blanket replied, ignoring the comment about their coworkers, partly because iFrom tact, and partly because it was very, very accurate.

And admitting that he was right about something galled the Pegasus more than she was ever going to admit. Especially to Eye Spy.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:58 am

"The only ones you're foolin' are the poor hungover bastards that aren't even paying attention." Justified chimes in, just the barest hint of a southern drawl in his voice. "Me and her, we saw you come in from the damn broom closet, which means you probably came down from the ceiling. You can fool some dumb assholes some of the time, but you can't fool the ponies you work with. Not after the 18th time."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:50 am

"Security Blanket" smirked a little. "Clearly it's time to disenchant ze closet again," he said, his disguise evaporating in a puff of smoke mid-sentence. "It iz, after all, three halls away. So perhaps simply zat you know me too well, rather than having actually seen it," Eye Spy pointed out, taking an unoccupied seat as he adjusted his tie a little. Like Security Blanket, not a button or a thread was out of place, and he liked to keep it that way. "But, considering ze alternative traditional hoof wrestle, I suppose I can deal with it."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:56 pm

"No, please," Blanket said evenly, "traditions are important. And if it happens often enough you might get the message that impersonating an officer is a crime."

That was a fairly liberal interpretation of the law, of course, but when it came to Eye Spy and his games, Blanket would take almost any excuse. She turned her attention from him, and instead looked at Justified. offering him a short, almost stiff, nod. She may not always- or even often- like the Marshall; his hat betrayed enough of that. That sort of cowboy justice was barely a step above Spy's antics...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Winter Dream just groaned at these antics. What was the point, exactly? Plus, he kind of just wanted to get on with the meeting as quickly as possible. His head was pounding enough already.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:05 am

"Actually it was more a mix of gut instinct and her being the first one I saw. But if you wanna chalk it up to profiling, then by all means, I'll take that credit." Justified just sits back, shrugging.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:34 am

At that moment police chief Red Morgan walks into the room, looking like she somehow got much more sleep than possible. She certainly was very drunk last night, and a few ponies in the room snicker at the thought of what she did last night. The half-awake ponies start waking up their sleeping brethren, one of them edging away from the puddle of drool from their sleeping neighbor.

When Morgan walks around behind the podium and clears her throat, which gets most ponies to sit at attention. "I know it was an exciting night last night, but that's no excuse to slack on your job. Anyway, as most of you should know from the campaign going around on Hornbook, there are some 'peaceful' protests starting up around town. Peaceful protests are good and all, but the mayor wants us out there to make sure they stay peaceful. We wouldn't want to start off the year with riots, after all, now would we?" She pulls up a whiteboard and draws a rough map of Seaddle, focusing on certain landmarks. In a different color she draws some tight circles, giving them numbers 1 through 8. "There are going to be 8 locations for the protests, and that leaves us with about 6 or 7 personnel per protest." Morgan starts grouping together ponies by table, assigning them a location by number, but she stops at the back table you're all sitting at (which would've been 7). "Have any of you seen Gallagher? He's suspiciously absent..." She says, looking up at the ceiling with a very worried look on her face.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:55 am

"Shit, riots don't start til the cops show up anyway." Justified leans back in his seat, glancing around. "Cluckles probably knew that and did the smart thing, slept through his alarm."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Brass Bolt just bearly breaks attention to whisper to the other ponies at the table, "Does anypony know why the half-mad griffon is actually allowed to participate in police matters? "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:17 pm

“Someone probably thinks he can spot something the rest of us cant” Shimmer said with a shrug, “I read a couple of his books a while back and they where really good, both in terms of enjoyment and realism....well, except for the his latest one but that was just weird” he said with a shake of his head glancing at the door as if expecting the griffin to appear any moment now.

Last edited by Dream Axis on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Winter Dream bent his head, just hoping that they'd get on with the assignments already. And really with the slurs against griffins? He was a bucking living, thinking being, same as them. It was a bit more than Winter could say...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:56 pm

((I did put the panel back when I was done.))

Eye Spy listened intently. "Ah, ze riots! It haz been a while since I saw one," he says quietly, chuckling to himself as memories of battleground chaos emerged. "It iz true that our presence iz unnerving, which iz why our presence must not be noted by those doing ze unnerving."

Spy noticed the glance upwards at the notation of Gallagher's absence. "Gallagher iz not in the ceiling, Chief Morgan. Iz somezing wrong?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:23 pm

A writer wasn't the only oddity around the Seaddle police station. A griffon novelist, a cowboy Marshall and...whatever exactly Spy was. She glanced at the latter as he laughed, and if the frown wasn't so perpetual on her face, it would be there now.

"If that's the case, you might as well take that uniform off now," she said. "I suppose the mayor is hoping a police presence might stop anyone from getting any funny ideas about starting something, which means they have to notice us."

She looked back at a organ.

"So it might be a good Gallagher isn't here. I can't say anything about his writing, but I don't think a potential-riot is the best place for someone without any training."

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:35 pm

"Actually, I wanted Gallagher to be here. I was just worried about what he might be up to if we didn't know where he was. The points you brought up are good ones, which is why it is perhaps a good thing that so many of you are still recovering form last night. In order for your presence to not be itself the spark for a riot, I want you all to be happy and relaxed out there. Show the ponies of Seaddle that you really don't want trouble, and that you're there only just in case." Morgan walks back to the podium, a half-smile forming on her face. "Which is why I asked Star Bucks to post a coffee stand at each of the protest locations." At this, the entire room perks up. "They even said they'd give us discounts on all Princess size drinks." The room goes up in cheers, but quickly settles down when Morgan raises her hoof. She tells the last table where they're going, then orders the ponies standing around the room at the walls (yes there are more than 48 cops at the station) to go their normal patrol routes. "That's all for this morning, now go get your coffee."

Everypony starts filing out of the room, but Morgan stops the group of you before you leave. "You guys are going to have the toughest crowd to convince, so I want you out there with Gallagher, even if you have to drag his sleeping feathers out of bed yourself. His presence just might be the key between protest and riot. You know where he lives, right?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next