Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set

3 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set - Page 5 Empty Re: Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set

Post  AleneShazam Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 am

"Racist," Violet mutters under her breath, barely audible, before turning to River, asking in a low voice, "So, any ideas? Did you know you had a changeling in your basement?"

She watches his expression carefully during his response - if things turn ugly, she doesn't want to be siding with someone who put them into danger in the first place...

(Perception w/ Empathetic: 13 + 10 + 5 = 28)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set - Page 5 Empty Re: Pony's Bizarre Adventure - On Set

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:22 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"Racist," Violet mutters under her breath, barely audible, before turning to River, asking in a low voice, "So, any ideas? Did you know you had a changeling in your basement?"

She watches his expression carefully during his response - if things turn ugly, she doesn't want to be siding with someone who put them into danger in the first place...
The gears in Rapid River's head are turning. He looks forward at where the stand was, winkled face unmoving aside from slow blinks. He hides his initial feelings well, lost in thought of what to do now...

Mostly though, he feels really cold...

"The basement?" He shivers silently for a bit. "Yes, the ice on the floor above that stopped my stand would mean that, but I didn't know anything about a changeling. I thought it was after us," He gives a small friendly and reliable smile, but feels uncomfortable giving it right now. "I'm too use to that. But, I can't scout the basement now." He looks down to the floor, which has frozen below your hooves. Indeed, the ice has now encased the rooms interiors fully, but has grown underneath any funishings and yourselves, leaving you thankfully unfrozen. A sadness fills River's eyes, accompanied by a sigh, made visible by the cold air. "I'm sorry Violet. Had I been anywhere else in town, those colts would have found me by myself eventually, and you wouldn't be here right now. My stand isn't strong, nor can it fight against other stands, and the ice stops it from searching for the user. I can't help us get out of this."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 am

"Well, uhm, evidently a strong fighting stand isn't what we need, either..." Violet glances ruefully at Mint, before focusing on Rapid River again, producing a small flame from her hoof to provide some small warmth to the two of them. "You, uh, sound like you've been through stuff like this before... does, um, does this always happen?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:01 am

Splendor sits idle outside the house, keeping an eye on the stand user. He is out of Space Cowboy's range, but he can at least watch to see if he makes a move that he can intercept...

Meanwhile, he casually chats with Optic. "So how did you hear about this stand user, again? It wouldn't be anything that might have to do with our enigmatic attacker, would it?"

I guess I'll put this thing to good use and make a perception check on the guy, see if there's anything else notable, or unusual... or anything...
9+10+40 (Perceptive Eye)=59
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:35 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"Well, uhm, evidently a strong fighting stand isn't what we need, either..." Violet glances ruefully at Mint, before focusing on Rapid River again, producing a small flame from her hoof to provide some small warmth to the two of them. "You, uh, sound like you've been through stuff like this before... does, um, does this always happen?"
"When I was around your age, I travelled around Equestria looking for stand users. I figured, Princess Celestia might not have been a stand user, so somepony had to protect Equestria from them. I made a lot of friends, stopped a few horrible ponies. Most stand users were just doing their own thing though, or doing what they think is just. But that life is behind me. This is the second time I've encountered a hostile stand user since then, even if this one isn't hostile towards me."

A1C Bronymous wrote:Splendor sits idle outside the house, keeping an eye on the stand user. He is out of Space Cowboy's range, but he can at least watch to see if he makes a move that he can intercept...

Meanwhile, he casually chats with Optic. "So how did you hear about this stand user, again? It wouldn't be anything that might have to do with our enigmatic attacker, would it?"

9+10+40 (Perceptive Eye)=59
"A friend of a friend," answers Clear Optic tapping his glasses, sitting nearby but further from the house than you are, "Mr. River was rumoured to know how to make healing brews, so I searched for him here to discover how, but after he spotted The Scientist, I fled. I have no clue who our assailant is."

Inspecting the scene more thoroughly, you notice a few little details. First, every so often the stand user pulls his focus away from the ice directly, puts on a pair of sunglasses to protect his eyes from the sunlight reflecting off the ice roof, and looks around for a breather before returning to his focus, sunglasses slumping under his head as he does. You also notice a couple of details in regards to how the ice interacts with things, or rather, how it doesn't. The ice is exclusively on the building itself, and hasn't spread onto the ground. The shelves on the walls of the open shed have been frozen, but the items on the shelves have remained unaffected, as has a hung photograph of the sea on the wall with only the nail being frozen. Finally, a drain pipe that runs down the house on one of the corners are also unfrozen...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 pm

"Hmmm.... have you noticed its only the walls, windows and doors that are frozen? The ice isn't spreading anywhere else. I wonder why that is." Splendor looks up towards the edge of the roof again. "We really need to get up there. Or... draw him closer to us. Any ideas?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am

"Protect Equestria..." Violet murmurs, looking around at the ice for no particular reason. "Um... I don't know if this is the best time to ask, but I'm out of ideas, so... um, what does your stand do, actually?"

She glances down. "Unless... you think we should try and see about this changeling in the basement?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:22 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Hmmm.... have you noticed its only the walls, windows and doors that are frozen? The ice isn't spreading anywhere else. I wonder why that is." Splendor looks up towards the edge of the roof again. "We really need to get up there. Or... draw him closer to us. Any ideas?"
Clear Optic gets up, rips some grass out of the ground with telekinesis, and holds it against the ice. Watching alongside him, you see that the grass blades does not become encased in the ice either. After a moment, Optic drops the grass and presses his hoof to the ice. It too remains unfrozen, thankfully. "The ice is safe to touch." He lets out a scoff, "All that panic for naught. If you want to get up, just use the shed's roof as a halfway point, but I'm remaining down here."

AleneShazam wrote:"Protect Equestria..." Violet murmurs, looking around at the ice for no particular reason. "Um... I don't know if this is the best time to ask, but I'm out of ideas, so... um, what does your stand do, actually?"

She glances down. "Unless... you think we should try and see about this changeling in the basement?"
"Looking for the changeling is a good idea," nods River, "It is only a matter of time before the enemy stand finds it. As for mine, I'll tell you about it if you don't tell the other two. There is only one arrow left, in the hooves of a pony who would never use it, and very few ponies know about it, some of whom want it. I need to be sure they are telling me the truth before I can tell them. Can I trust you, Violet?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:22 am

"On my honor, I'll never tell a soul." Violet put a hoof to her chest. She means it, too - secrets aren't for sharing, is something her clan taught her in times past.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:31 am

"Oh now you're scared of heights? Come help me climb." Splendor goes to the shed and tries to make his way up to the roof, as inconspicuously as possible.

I guess acrobatics and stealth rolls?
Acrobatics is inexplicably my Expert skill: 19+14=33
Stealth: 8+9=17
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:22 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"On my honor, I'll never tell a soul." Violet put a hoof to her chest. She means it, too - secrets aren't for sharing, is something her clan taught her in times past.
Rapid River listens to your reply carefully. "Alright. To put it simply, [Float On] changes how things act with water. It can make things float or sink, more water resistant, stuff like that. Remember when it touched the door?" He points to the door to the opening hallway, where the ice was first spotted, now completely frozen. "I tried to make it super absorbent, to stop the ice from freezing any moisture on it. But it didn't work. It looks like the enemy stand does not simply freeze the object, it creates ice around, covering it completly."

"My stand can also induce regeneration, but that was already said. Now, should we go find a changeling?"

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Oh now you're scared of heights? Come help me climb." Splendor goes to the shed and tries to make his way up to the roof, as inconspicuously as possible.
Acrobatics is inexplicably my Expert skill: 19+14=33
Stealth: 8+9=17
Despite the slippery ice, you manage to climb up to the shed's roof even without help, and with your magical eye, you see that the stand user above does not react to your activities...

"Look Splendor, you are the one with the stand that can protect yourself. The Scientist provide no method of protection. What am I to do if I am attacked?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 am

"Run? Fight back with your own hooves? Cry and curl up in a ball?" Splendor spits back, now agitated with his unhelpful friend. "Or follow me up and I'll protect you. Up to you, really." He continues to climb, levitating Space Cowboy up half way and using it as a rung to assist him.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:17 am

"Straight down?" Violet looks around for a way that might lead to a basement. "Or, um, is there a door going down?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Run? Fight back with your own hooves? Cry and curl up in a ball?" Splendor spits back, now agitated with his unhelpful friend. "Or follow me up and I'll protect you. Up to you, really." He continues to climb, levitating Space Cowboy up half way and using it as a rung to assist him.
"Or I remain here and be safe regardless." Optic yells back. "Why do you care so much about these two to put your life at risk like this?"

(You can finish the climb to the roof of the house if you want...)

AleneShazam wrote:"Straight down?" Violet looks around for a way that might lead to a basement. "Or, um, is there a door going down?"
River looks at the frozen door, and to the kitchen which is also frozen. He turns to you with a little smirk. "Straight down."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:13 pm

"Mint," "–HA!!"

Mint sounds almost elated as she appears, though her scowling visage is much the same, her golden hooves punching straight down at the ground beneath them.

It's probably not very quiet, but since the ground is getting frozen over, they need to get to work fast.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Splendor climbs all the way, and turns to shout back. "I might care about them, or I might care about dealing with this new assailant, or I might just care about their stands. It's certainly more interesting than running for safety and going home." He turns and saunters towards the pony on the roof, Space Cowboy now more confidently twirling above his shoulder, ready to be used. "Long way from Appleoosa, aren't you?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Mint sounds almost elated as she appears, though her scowling visage is much the same, her golden hooves punching straight down at the ground beneath them.

It's probably not very quiet, but since the ground is getting frozen over, they need to get to work fast.
It is not quiet. But it is fast. It takes Mint but a few seconds to punch through the ice and flooring to make a hole big enough for you to drop comfortable down before the ice seals it up again. From above, you can see that about a quarter of the basement is currently frozen, and the ice is currently expanding, but from the opposite side you can hear a roaring fire, and the edge of a boiler with a pile of junk to the side. The basement also holds several barrels, cardboard boxes, and a wine rack, but no sign of any changelings.

A1C Bronymous wrote:Splendor climbs all the way, and turns to shout back. "I might care about them, or I might care about dealing with this new assailant, or I might just care about their stands. It's certainly more interesting than running for safety and going home." He turns and saunters towards the pony on the roof, Space Cowboy now more confidently twirling above his shoulder, ready to be used. "Long way from Appleoosa, aren't you?"
Finally catching the earth pony's attention, he glares at you, munching his wheat to one side of his mouth. "Look partna, I don't know what ya playin' at here, actin' like a tough guy, but this ain't none of ya business. I'm the good pony here, I'm protectin' Equestria, so why don't ya'll mosey on back where ya came from, and let me do ma' work?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon May 01, 2017 7:38 am

"This way, quickly!" Violet hops down quickly with a little help from Mint, who waits a little bit to see if River needs help as well. "Uhm, Mr or Ms Changeling, if you're down here - I mean no harm. I'm, uhm, trying to help."

She looks around carefully, while trying to sound as reassuring as possible.

((Perception to be careful: 10+10+20, Persuasion to be nice: 17+7 = 24.))
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 06, 2017 6:06 pm

"I don't see a badge, or armor. You can claim to be a good guy all you want but you're attacking innocent ponies with a stand. I don't think you're the good guy at all. And whatever you're after, but it looks to me like Equestria's safety isn't at stake." Splendor steps around in front of him, giving him a superior sneer. "Besides, good guys don't stand on roofs. They usually just knock. So last chance, get off the roof or I'll make you get off."

Getting ready to snare him with Space Cowboy, what do I roll when I do?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 14, 2017 11:21 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"This way, quickly!" Violet hops down quickly with a little help from Mint, who waits a little bit to see if River needs help as well. "Uhm, Mr or Ms Changeling, if you're down here - I mean no harm. I'm, uhm, trying to help."

She looks around carefully, while trying to sound as reassuring as possible.

((Perception to be careful: 10+10+20, Persuasion to be nice: 17+7 = 24.))
There doesn't seem to be any response to your calling, nor spot anything that'd hint at its position. You do notice that the ice has slown down to a crawl...

River lowers himself down carefully. "I've heard that changelings can transform not only into ponies, but everyday objects. It could be anything he-" His attention snaps to the pile of junk as he moves to it. "Hey, this isn't junk! This is important to me! If any of it has been burnt..." He picks up a few sheets of paper and photographs from the floor and peers into the boiler to see if he recognises anything burning. You don't spot any "not junk" in the boiler's furnace, only logs and chunks of barrels...

A1C Bronymous wrote:"I don't see a badge, or armor. You can claim to be a good guy all you want but you're attacking innocent ponies with a stand. I don't think you're the good guy at all. And whatever you're after, but it looks to me like Equestria's safety isn't at stake." Splendor steps around in front of him, giving him a superior sneer. "Besides, good guys don't stand on roofs. They usually just knock. So last chance, get off the roof or I'll make you get off."

Getting ready to snare him with Space Cowboy, what do I roll when I do?
"I ain't attackin' innocent ponies. There's a changeling in this here building, ain't nothin' innocent 'bout them."

(No roll needed)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 pm

"Is there anything here that you don't recognize?" Violet asks, before turning back to the seemingly empty basement. Mint follows behind her, standing close guard. She continues her attempt to convince the changeling of her allegiance, while doing a more detailed comb of the nooks and crannies of the basement, plus checking for any alcoves or additional rooms. She also checks inside the barrels and boxes to see what she might find - maybe it's a very small changeling.

"Uhm, why are you being chased? ...Aside from racism, I mean?" Violet asks. "Actually, I don't even know who's doing the chasing..."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 16, 2017 1:48 pm

"Maybe, but you still aren't the law. Off you go." Space Cowboy launches at the pony, snaring him around the neck, and shifts gravity straight up. As the mysterious pony 'falls' into the air, Space Cowboy suspends him at length, tying him to the building like a balloon. "Are you reconsidering your options yet? I'd hate to see what happens when gravity goes back to normal."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 28, 2017 12:00 am

AleneShazam wrote:"Is there anything here that you don't recognize?" Violet asks, before turning back to the seemingly empty basement. Mint follows behind her, standing close guard. She continues her attempt to convince the changeling of her allegiance, while doing a more detailed comb of the nooks and crannies of the basement, plus checking for any alcoves or additional rooms. She also checks inside the barrels and boxes to see what she might find - maybe it's a very small changeling.

"Uhm, why are you being chased? ...Aside from racism, I mean?" Violet asks. "Actually, I don't even know who's doing the chasing..."
While looking inside the barrels, from the corner of your eye you catch one of the barrels hopping from the barrels you haven't checked to those you have. You also spot that the ice has now stopped growing completely...

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Maybe, but you still aren't the law. Off you go." Space Cowboy launches at the pony, snaring him around the neck, and shifts gravity straight up. As the mysterious pony 'falls' into the air, Space Cowboy suspends him at length, tying him to the building like a balloon. "Are you reconsidering your options yet? I'd hate to see what happens when gravity goes back to normal."
As the pony feels his world get turned upside down, he grabs his hat in desperation exclaiming "What in tarnation?" As Space Cowboy reaches its full length, the pony is initially worried about being hung upside down, but as you know, he'll be fine. As he struggles to keep a hold of his hat, observing one of the wheat straws slide out and down onto the roof, he leers at you. "Yeah, you are gonna hate what I'm gonna do to you when I get back down there!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun May 28, 2017 12:53 am

"Mint..." Violet mutters, and Mint appears beside her as she meanders closer to the barrel where the spooky stuff happened. Her hoof swirls around the ground in an obscure arcane gesture, and she telekinetically takes a plank or a barrel cover or something, and quickly covers up the barrel with it. She then runs over to get close enough that Mint can freeze the barrel and the cover in place with a touch (but not whatever is inside).

"Um, sorry to do this but you're currently in a lot of danger," While talking, she takes some sap creeper seeds, grows them into sappy sticky vines, and wraps them around the barrel to keep it closed even without Mint. "You're safer in here than out there, where we can protect you."

While talking, Violet glances at the encroaching ice, but frowns when she notices it stop. "Uhm, Mr. River, is there anyway you can check on what's happening upstairs? Or, um I can go and you can keep the changeling safe here."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 28, 2017 9:42 pm

"Now now, while you're up there why not get some fresh air, take in the view. Calm yourself down a little so we can talk like the gentleponies that I am, and you probably aren't." Splendor keeps him suspended, examining a hoof idly. "Quit being all shouty, at the very least."

Persuasion: Nat 1+7= this should be good
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next