Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestria Map

+3
Masterweaver
SilentBelle
ThousandYearSunrise
7 posters

Go down

Equestria Map Empty Equestria Map

Post  ThousandYearSunrise Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Equestria Map Hi_resolution_equestria_map_by_pixelkitties-d59w4iv

So, now we've got an official map of Equestria. I say that this raises some interesting possibilities for the game, and that this is as good a place as any to discuss the world itself.
ThousandYearSunrise
ThousandYearSunrise
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

http://pretentiouslimericks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Equestria Map Empty Re: Equestria Map

Post  SilentBelle Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Grrr, the biggest peeve I have with the map is that the Everfree is in a finite, explored area. I always felt that it should be at the edge of the map leading to unknown lands.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I know the feeling... the L egends people might not like this. Still, the south is unexplored.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Masterweaver wrote:I know the feeling... the L egends people might not like this. Still, the south is unexplored.

I just kind of feel like it's throwing a wrench in my Fanfic Razz
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:36 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
Masterweaver wrote:I know the feeling... the L egends people might not like this. Still, the south is unexplored.

I just kind of feel like it's throwing a wrench in my Fanfic Razz

A good part of the fandom will disregard the map just due to the number of wrenchs it throws in fanfics evenmore so with the big fanfics that take place somewhere other than ponyville.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 am

SilentBelle wrote:Grrr, the biggest peeve I have with the map is that the Everfree is in a finite, explored area. I always felt that it should be at the edge of the map leading to unknown lands.
Well, when you think about it, the center of government of Equestria did use to be in the Everfree Forest region, so I'd imagine that the area was probably pretty well known before the forest overgrew it. How well it's known after 1,000 years, though, is anyone's guess.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Philadelphus wrote:
SilentBelle wrote:Grrr, the biggest peeve I have with the map is that the Everfree is in a finite, explored area. I always felt that it should be at the edge of the map leading to unknown lands.
Well, when you think about it, the center of government of Equestria did use to be in the Everfree Forest region, so I'd imagine that the area was probably pretty well known before the forest overgrew it. How well it's known after 1,000 years, though, is anyone's guess.
I'm more curious to know just how the Everfree forest got its autonomic weather, seeing how Pegasi manage it everywhere else.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Demonu wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:
I'm more curious to know just how the Everfree forest got its autonomic weather, seeing how Pegasi manage it everywhere else.

I tend to think of it as magical fallout from the battle between Celestia and Nightmare Moon. That would also help give another reason for moving the center of government away from it. ^_^
Flutterknight
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Flutterknight wrote:
Demonu wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:

I tend to think of it as magical fallout from the battle between Celestia and Nightmare Moon. That would also help give another reason for moving the center of government away from it. ^_^

I always thought of it as a clash between Discord and The Royal Pony Sisters. It's one of those questions that can stay unanswered in the show, and I won't mind.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down