Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jinx! alternative

4 posters

Go down

Jinx! alternative Empty Jinx! alternative

Post  Greywander Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:27 am

Here's the current version of Jinx!
Spoiler:
This is a pretty cool ability, but I'd like to suggest two changes that might make a more interesting ability. The first is to make it so that instead of all rolls being automatic critical fails, make it all odd rolls (1, 3, 5, 7, etc. all the way to 19). This way, it's still possible for a character to succeed at some task, but having a 50% chance to crit fail is still a very powerful ability. And, as someone pointed out to me, the current Jinx! is a great way to win a race, or similar competition; this at least gives your opponent a chance instead of making you basically a god among insects for 7 minutes. The other change is to make it a 1/day or possibly more, rather than costing a magic point. Of course, we can keep the current Jinx! as is, and it would just be a stronger version of what I'm suggesting. I'd suggest calling the weaker version Jinx! and the stronger version Walking Disaster Area.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Jinx! alternative Empty Re: Jinx! alternative

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:25 pm

I rather like the idea of the randomness. I think it makes sense if about half the people around you suddenly start falling over and tripping, instead of everyone except you. It certainly would make things more interesting. And switching it to 50% would be a great way to adjust the cost to 1/day. I like it Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Why not make a separate Utility that did that? I rather like the original version. There's nothing wrong with your idea but, there's nothing wrong with the original either.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Good point. Maybe call it: Aura of Misfortune? or something like that? I dunno.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Ramsus wrote:Why not make a separate Utility that did that? I rather like the original version. There's nothing wrong with your idea but, there's nothing wrong with the original either.
Greywander wrote:Of course, we can keep the current Jinx! as is, and it would just be a stronger version of what I'm suggesting. I'd suggest calling the weaker version Jinx! and the stronger version Walking Disaster Area.
I never suggested getting rid of the current version, only renaming it (since Walking Disaster Area sounds more powerful than Jinx!), and adding in the weaker version as a different utility.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I have a hunch this second talent is going to make its way into an expansion in some form or other. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down