Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 20 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Caden2112 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Carn looked at the pegasus for a moment, then in the direction they were gazing, moving to take point if something was happening...He strained his eyes, trying to see what it was...And perhaps more relevantly, if he could recognize whatever it was. "Invisible, huh...? We'll see about that..."

LET THERE BE ROLLS:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Caden2112 wrote:Carn looked at the pegasus for a moment, then in the direction they were gazing, moving to take point if something was happening...He strained his eyes, trying to see what it was...And perhaps more relevantly, if he could recognize whatever it was. "Invisible, huh...? We'll see about that..."

LET THERE BE ROLLS:

With Wave Rider pointing at it. You barely notice the glint of a spectral pony. You have never heard or anything like this before, unless these are the rumored monsters of the Icefield.

They close in around you, and slow their movement as they approach from all sides.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 am

Glenrir sniffs at the air and growls. "We pass through here in peace." He notes, but is ready for a fight. After all, there's no one around, being invisible isn't necessary unless you're an ambusher.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm

"Um Camellia you may want to be awake for this..." Wave Rider pulls Camellia's cloak form from Carn's back and attempts to wake her up.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:22 pm

"Hrrmmm. What?" Camellia says drowsily as she wakes from her slumber. She looks around and then says accusingly to Wave Rider, "Why am I awake? I don't see anything worth waking up for."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:33 pm

"They're hard to see, but they're there...Pretty sure we're surrounded now...I've got no clue what they are, unless...Well, I heard rumors about monsters here, but nothing more...Grrrrrr..." Carn growled, glaring around at the creatures...Were they just trying to look tough, or were they gonna have to swat these things down? He supposed they'd find out...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 pm

The spectral forms move closer, but stop a few feet away from you, they don't look particularly dangerous as they are now. One of the beings moves it's mouth, but the words you hear don't come from it. They echo out from one of your packs instead.

"You, Faded Ones. What has happened? Why have we been awoken from our slumber?"

Upon closer inspection, you now notice that the ghostly figures are all wearing colourless, metallic-looking armor of unusual design.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 pm

"Faded ones? You're the ponies who look faded. If you're ponies..." Blood walks forward, slipping his blood tendrils into his body and holding out a hoof. "Mage at your service. Nice to meet you." Blood tries to identify where the voice came from though, who's pack specifically.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 pm

LoganAura wrote:"Faded ones? You're the ponies who look faded. If you're ponies..." Blood walks forward, slipping his blood tendrils into his body and holding out a hoof. "Mage at your service. Nice to meet you." Blood tries to identify where the voice came from though, who's pack specifically.

Spoiler:

You determine that they are some form of spirit, though they don't appear to be fully in this world, but they are quite near to it. You very faintly sense their presence being channeled through an item in your bag. You realize that it's the crystal you had found from the Fire-Eater. It's from that item that you hear the voice responding. Though you have no idea what the mean by "Faded Ones".

"Greetings, Sir Mage. I ask again to you Faded Spirits, why have we been awoken? Could it be that our services are needed once again? Please say it is not so!"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Blood turns to whoever holds the crystal. "Hey. Gimme the crystal. These guys talk through it." The hemomancer looks at the spirits. "Possibly. What are your services?"

Blood then turns even redder as his namesake floods his cheeks, remembering he has the crystal, and he floats it out of his pack beside him.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:43 am

Glenrir watches, and waits, though not patiently, nudging a leg slightly here, limbering a jaw muscle there, keeping mobile in case he needs to be very mobile very soon.

Luckily, he was not exposed to a lot of gleepony stories and bardic tales, or his thought process would have went something like "If somepony asks you if you're their master, you say YES!", luckily, such a thought never passed through his more bardically blind mind.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Wave Rider tries her best to recall if she has ever heard about something called a faded one. She then turns to Blood and asks "Um are you the rightful king of this land or something?"

Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Blood looks at the pegasus with a flat look. "They're speaking about 'Faded' ones. Not 'Fated.'"
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:09 am

"I don't like this...They seem to think we're the spirits, not the other way around, if that faded talk is any clue...Not to mention that even they don't want to perform their task...It bodes ill...Watch yourself if you're going to deal with them, Mage..." Carn spoke softly, still glaring at the spirits cautiously, trying to figure out what to say.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am

"Of course, I'm not daft. I know to watch my back just in case."

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 am

tygerburningbright wrote:Wave Rider tries her best to recall if she has ever heard about something called a faded one. She then turns to Blood and asks "Um are you the rightful king of this land or something?"

Spoiler:

You have never heard the term 'Faded One' before this moment.

"We are the 'Heroes of Winter'. Our sacrifice was meant to be permanent. That we have awoken once again... tell us, has Asche touched the world once more? Or is she finally, truly vanquished?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

Blood knits two and two together. "I believe that she may have returned. if this gemstone-" Blood holds it up, a tight grip on it with his magic. "Has any meaning to you, then I... We, would greatly appreciate your help. Although I personally would like some sort of evidence you're not going to make me into my first name."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Glenrir watches the Heroes of Winter (for lack of a better name) carefully, ready in case the reveal of the amulet turns out to be some sort of trigger for them.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood knits two and two together. "I believe that she may have returned. if this gemstone-" Blood holds it up, a tight grip on it with his magic. "Has any meaning to you, then I... We, would greatly appreciate your help. Although I personally would like some sort of evidence you're not going to make me into my first name."

As you move the gemstone a little closer to them, the spectral ponies become slightly more solid, still very much transparent, but easier to look at.

"A relic of Asche? So, she does once again touch the world. Someone has tampered with the seal, then. But we have not fully returned yet, so it still holds her back. We must stop her before she returns," he says, more to himself and his companions than to you. "However, we are powerless as we are now. The world is faint and colorless, fleeting. Search as we might, we could see none, save for you, faded ones, just now, as the faintest of outlines."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:17 pm

"Oh, I guess the 'heroes of winter' thing wasn't just some silly honorary title. I guess we're going to need to know about this Asche then." Camellia says.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 2:32 am

Ramsus wrote:"Oh, I guess the 'heroes of winter' thing wasn't just some silly honorary title. I guess we're going to need to know about this Asche then." Camellia says.

"Asche is a spiteful goddess who we had hoped to have sealed away indefinitely. We, the heroes of winter, decided to lay down our own selves for an eternity to protect the world. Asche would have made the world into a lifeless wasteland, had we not rose up to stop her. But now it seems her influence is reaching past our seal. It is most troubling... and the seal is dissolving. We are linked to the seal, faded ones. Only a day ago we remember finishing the seal, each of us a point in the sigil. But now we are back in this faded world, it grows clearer with every moment, as if the sun burns away at the fog."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri May 03, 2013 10:26 am

Blood sits on his haunches and crosses his hooves. "So what you're telling us is that you might need to defeat her again? Wonderful!" Blood claps his front hooves together in a grin. "The more the merrier. I think the only reason we didn't get turned into ice cubes was because the spirit was absorbing the heat from the giant fire stone." He tilts his head, making a contemplative noise as he walks around the spirits, trying to look them over a bit through the fog.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood sits on his haunches and crosses his hooves. "So what you're telling us is that you might need to defeat her again? Wonderful!" Blood claps his front hooves together in a grin. "The more the merrier. I think the only reason we didn't get turned into ice cubes was because the spirit was absorbing the heat from the giant fire stone." He tilts his head, making a contemplative noise as he walks around the spirits, trying to look them over a bit through the fog.

Spoiler:

Now that you have a closer look there are seven of them total. Many of them are different races. Two pegasi, a unicorn, two earthponies, a young dragon, and one that had escaped your notice before, looks to be a penguin. One of the pegasi and the two earthponies have some semblance of weaponry. The pegasus has a lance mounted at his side, one of the earth ponies has spiked boots and the other has a curved sword, the likes of which you've never seen, though it looks like swinging it would be a pain in the neck (quite literally).

"Spirit? What spirit was this which you speak of. Is her influence already so strong that her servants invade the realm?" It is the pegasus who is speaking with you. The others seem to be taking in their surroundings and whispering too quietly to hear.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri May 03, 2013 12:39 pm

"Some creature that, unless I'm mistaken, absorbed the heat from a magical stone meant to release flames." Blood explains, moving closer to the spirits cautiously. His hemomancy kicks into his instincts and a single tendril appears from his back, tightly wrapped around the gemstone. "That's where this gem came from, the 'spirit' as I called it, though it was much more physical-- I thought that's who you were talking about."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 1:08 pm

LoganAura wrote:"Some creature that, unless I'm mistaken, absorbed the heat from a magical stone meant to release flames." Blood explains, moving closer to the spirits cautiously. His hemomancy kicks into his instincts and a single tendril appears from his back, tightly wrapped around the gemstone. "That's where this gem came from, the 'spirit' as I called it, though it was much more physical-- I thought that's who you were talking about."

"We remember very well how she nearly put an end to all of our lives through the use of her servants and bound spirits. All heat was nearly eaten, and only by the barest of margins were we able to overcome her creatures and seal her away. We sacrificed so much and nearly lost it all. We don't have much time. Unfortunately, as we are, we are unable to influence the realm. Our corporeal vessels have since vanished, we are not but spirit."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next