Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

3 posters

Go down

Ain't nobody got time for that! Empty Ain't nobody got time for that!

Post  Demonu Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Time: something very important but easily glossed over in Role Playing games. After all, if in a game like D&D where a 3 hour walk takes 5 minutes and a 5 minutes fight takes 3 hours, the concept of time gets bend a lot. I am even willing to go as far to say that most people don't know that a single round of combat is roughly 6 or 8 seconds long. We all know that Talking is a Free Action but spouting off 130 words of speech on your turn after you attacked already stretches things a bit.

Anyway, back to time. As Pony Tales is played over Skype and play-by-post, most utility talents with a prep time usually gets treated as being used normally because waiting 30 seconds for someone to finish is tedious and boring. Less be it an hour in some cases. But on the flip side, I'm also aware that a lot of things can happen in that 5 seconds prep time for something when the action is racing along rapidly. Which is why I'm proposing a new utility talent, particulary to make out of combat interaction more interesting.

Ain't nobody got time for that! - 1/session + magic point
For the next 5 minutes, every utility talent you have that has a prep time can be used At Will instead.

The reason why I decided to make the cost 1/session and a magic point is because I can already foresee the inherit flaws/brokenness with such a talent. I might revision it at a later time but for now, feel free to share your thoughts on it.

Last edited by Demonu on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Ain't nobody got time for that! Empty Re: Ain't nobody got time for that!

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 pm

I love this talent idea. And say that a Magic Point + 1/session is how much such a talent should cost.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Aww, damn. And here I was expecting a revolutionary new way to better keep track of time through PBP and Skype, because my game certainly needs one.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down