Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 14 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Kris_The_Guest Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 am

A boon for Rabiah and Tiffany? *jumps onto the google document.*
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Well, out of the new ones, the only ones that are actually good at our level are Team Awesome and Assistant. And Assistant is probably the best. If we were using the old ones, I probably would have voted for A Place Of Your Own for both IC and OOC reasons. (IC, Skitter is granted land and his title recognized here so that'd make him happy. OOC, gives us a place to store stuff, sleep, have people deliver stuff (fruit baskets?) to, keep any random orphans we adopt, etc.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue May 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Pretty sure we already have some potential assistants if we choose that Boon.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Zarhon wrote:"...I see...", she says, quickly scribbling a number of extra lines of notes to the parchment. "Out of curiosity, what exactly was this 'physical evidence', that you 'used'? The orb you say you activated, I assume?"
"Actually, the orb disintegrated immediately after activating, but that wasn't what I was referring to. It was actually one of Death's handkerchiefs. There was nothing magical about it, nor did it really have any overt indication that it belonged to the Grim Reaper, but the fabric had a quality like silk, and extremely fine weavework. I sold it to a merchant named Basil Bassfoot, who found it impressive enough to exchange it four pieces of quality wear, which we desperately needed after the wear and tear our old clothes had taken in the course of the day."

"As for the troupe name, as you wish it, "Scythe" it is.", she says, taking out a very large book and writing something down into it. "Congratulations. Now, before we go into matters of benefits, assignments and other things your recognition entails, let us deal with the personal details. Do you have any marks, symbols, crests, badges or other form of visual recognition you wish to submit for your group, or do you wish something made or supplied for you? Are there any relatives, family, or institutions you wish to be informed of your new status, and future 'outstanding' changes of status, or to be the proxies for legal matters such as those of inheritance, insurance, or wills, for any permanent assets you may gain? Will any of you be taking aliases, semi-anonymous identifiers, or have any personal information you wish to submit for proper legal identification?"

Rolf blinked a few times while trying to process the "legalese". "Um, well, perhaps a crest of a scythe might be nice, but we'd have to take some time to make a design. If...you could somehow tell my parents that I'm alright, I'd appreciate it. And I won't be using any alias at this time."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 07, 2013 5:57 pm

"Badges we could show, similar to a city guard's badge or such, would probably be of some use, though having just decided on a name we don't have any designs prepared. Not sure how we should proceed on the legal issues. Your city laws are a lot more complex that my clan's laws were. Clearly so, as you actually bother writing them down. It would be nice to be able to keep our public anonymity without having legal problems later."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Horizon kind of deadpans as she speaks at length about whatever she's talking about. "..mmmyeah, sure. All of that. I don't have any family to speak of, so I'm good on that. I could use some rest. Laundry, too, and a resupply of a few things."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue May 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Exhausted from such a long day Zthulan gives a tired smile to the Deva. "Nothing wrong me is needed ma'am. Just some rest and I'll be good to go." Completely unaware about his mistake the shaman continues smiling.

Last edited by Azarune on Wed May 08, 2013 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 am

Azarune wrote:"Nothing wrong me is needed ma'am. Just some rest and I'll be good to go."
Sounds like Zthulan really needs that rest, huh, Azarune? XD
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 am

... I am going to keep it.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Actually, the orb disintegrated immediately after activating, but that wasn't what I was referring to. It was actually one of Death's handkerchiefs. There was nothing magical about it, nor did it really have any overt indication that it belonged to the Grim Reaper, but the fabric had a quality like silk, and extremely fine weavework. I sold it to a merchant named Basil Bassfoot, who found it impressive enough to exchange it four pieces of quality wear, which we desperately needed after the wear and tear our old clothes had taken in the course of the day."
"...I see.", she replies, with an expression that would have pegged her as a scholarly professor, as she continues writing even more lines on the parchment.

Ramsus wrote:"Badges we could show, similar to a city guard's badge or such, would probably be of some use, though having just decided on a name we don't have any designs prepared. Not sure how we should proceed on the legal issues. Your city laws are a lot more complex that my clan's laws were. Clearly so, as you actually bother writing them down. It would be nice to be able to keep our public anonymity without having legal problems later."

"Well, anonymity is bound to bring up legal issues, so some compromises need to be made to avoid them. But right now, they wouldn't be too much of an issue, I suppose. You'll certainly have to work on them after this crisis is over.", she responds, flatly. "As for designs, I could offer a book of unassigned and decommissioned symbol designs, if you so wish, or just give you a plain badge of sorts.", she says, offering a book. Inside its pages is a vast collection of many different symbols, crests and insignia designs to choose from, including a number of "scythe" symbols.

Lyntermas wrote:"Um, well, perhaps a crest of a scythe might be nice, but we'd have to take some time to make a design. If...you could somehow tell my parents that I'm alright, I'd appreciate it. And I won't be using any alias at this time."
"But of course, mister Rolf. You may personalize the message yourself, if you wish.", she says, offering a quill and paper for him to write a message onto.

Bronymous wrote:"..mmmyeah, sure. All of that. I don't have any family to speak of, so I'm good on that. I could use some rest. Laundry, too, and a resupply of a few things."
"Please pay attention, mister Horizon. If you have no assigned inheritors, either your current party, at their will, or the city itself, would get legal claim over any of your belongings, should the unmentionable happen. Laundering, maintenance, and resupplies, for your own possessions, I am sorry to say cannot be offered freely. However, a compromise can be made to compensate, via a business agreement, of sorts - how willing are you to temporarily rent and share your, ahem, 'storage spaces', for individuals other than yourself? I can ensure you, the state and safety of supplies would be completely uncompromised, and would be maintained at certain intervals, including laundering."

Azarune wrote:"Nothing wrong me is needed ma'am. Just some rest and I'll be good to go."
"Rest will have to wait until you are told your assignment, so I would ask you to be patient, and focus, if you can. On that topic: I assume my husband already gave you all the "big picture" on the status of this crisis?"

The book with designs is a license to use google image search or something similar for your insignia/badge. Razz
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 pm

"I would like to touch up my armor a bit," Jeraylia mentioned over her shoulder. "It's a experienced a few breaches from our encounters this day, and I'd like to use the resources of the armory, if you don't mind. By the bye, where does this go?" she asked, putting an ear to the tube. "And how are the items being transported through it?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Zarhon wrote:"But of course, mister Rolf. You may personalize the message yourself, if you wish.", she says, offering a quill and paper for him to write a message onto.

"Thank you, Mrs. Dale." Rolf took the quill and paper and started to write.

Dear Mom and Dad,
I hope that you are both safe. I wanted to let you know that I'm alive and mostly well, but I may not be able to see you until this is all over. You see, I'm part of leading an adventuring group called "Scythe" to try and take back the city from the lich Zilean and his minions. I'm well aware that it could be dangerous, but it would be more dangerous to let these invaders terrorize everyone. Please keep safe, and don't lose hope.

Love,
Rolf

P.S. Dad, if I manage to save the city, I don't want to hear any more about how I "should go into a good, stable profession like carpentry", got it?

"Rest will have to wait until you are told your assignment, so I would ask you to be patient, and focus, if you can. On that topic: I assume my husband already gave you all the "big picture" on the status of this crisis?"

"Well, generally, we know that the main impact that Zilean has pulled off was the attack on the drinking contest, which severely crippled the number of adventurers who would be able to help in this crisis. The two major "strongholds" we can determine are the botanical gardens and the drinking site's blast site. Captain Tyler said that the gardens would be difficult for a full assault even if they had the manpower, and no scouts have returned from the blast site. I was under the impression that our immediate task for tomorrow would simply be securing the streets from any cultists or undead, so we can eventually spare enough men to properly face those strongholds...unless you have something else in mind for us?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Zarhon wrote:
The book with designs is a license to use google image search or something similar for your insignia/badge. Razz

Google is sorely lacking in insignias and badges featuring scythes, so I made these. First is an example of a more official looking seal, while the other has a more subdued vigilante style.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 am

That looks pretty good.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu May 09, 2013 1:33 am

I agree. That looks pretty spiffing. Though, I can't imagine they'd realistically be able to make an emblem like that for all of us so fast. But that's not an important detail because magic and coolness.

Oh, and I went ahead and made my level 3 changes. Basically upgraded my banded armor to Banded Guardian Armor, and picked up the combat trait Lightning Reflexes.
Reworked Chainmail (Banded Guardian Armor):
Lightning Reflexes:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 2:17 am

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

List of level 3 changes:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 09, 2013 2:25 am

Here's what I'm going with:

Level 3 Items:

Swapping Combat Trait:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 09, 2013 2:43 am

Ramsus wrote:That looks pretty good.

Broken Logic wrote:I agree. That looks pretty spiffing. Though, I can't imagine they'd realistically be able to make an emblem like that for all of us so fast. But that's not an important detail because magic and coolness.

There are two of them to look at. You have to hit next page above the image to see the second one.

I guess if everyone else is doing it, I might as well put up my level up stuff, too.
Stuff:

So from now on, not healing Horizon is part of the battleplan.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 am

Oh. Yeah, still think the first one is better.

And yay, if people aren't wasting heals on Horizon that he doesn't even need, they might heal Skitter now. =P

So.... anyone but me have an opinion on Boons? To reiterate, I want to vote for A Place Of Your Own but, if we're not allowed to choose the old ones, then I'm voting for Assistant.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 09, 2013 3:41 am

I don't find any of them particularly useful. Rolf's Sex Demon as an Assistant could be fun though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 09, 2013 9:37 am

So everyone is going for free, easy conjurations and reactions, eh? Guess I'll have to make encounters a bit brutal / unfair, then. Very Happy

Another thing to point out, is that you're making it very easy for me to counter/shut down a lot of you simultaneously, when you all rely on similar factors. Smile
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu May 09, 2013 10:03 am

That or the orphan girl for an assistant. Or Team Awesome would be helpful for the dreaded nat1's.

Changes:

Last edited by Azarune on Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 am

Assistant-wise, which skill would be the +15 one? Helps on deciding the flavor and who the assistant actually is.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 pm

So a base is out of the question then?

Az, how did you get another Utility talent? We don't gain one this level.

As far as Assistant goes, we have almost every skill pretty well covered. I think our only reasonable options would be Athletics, History, or Streetwise. But, the skill wouldn't be as important as the two Utility talents it gets. I think Telepathy would be a rather good choice. For the second maybe Thattaway!, Fabricate, Many Tongues, Spike, Take a Letter, Spectral Battering Ram or Spectral Steeds.

Edit: And I have no comment about the combat stuff since certain people are hyper aggressive about not discussing as a group/receiving advice on combat related matters. Makes it kinda hard to intentionally do anything about such potential problems. I would point out that "in theory" our choices for combat traits and items should all be balanced and not require you to raise the difficulty of encounters more than normal. But, that's only on the assumption that the system is balanced.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu May 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Ramsus wrote:So a base is out of the question then?

Az, how did you get another Utility talent? We don't gain one this level.

I trade the Personal Project Racial for the Extra Utility One: Naturally Skilled. I asked Zar, bout it, he said it was okay.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next