Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

+10
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Whiteeyes
Zarhon
Curunir
Dusk Raven
Z2
Quietkal
14 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 9 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Curunir wrote:I'm sorry- I had to make a decision because I was about to go to sleep and didn't want to slow up the game- I figured you'd be just as fine using your free healing at some other point if you were unconscious.  If it's permissible, I can edit my post and heal Dead Eye instead- I somehow missed anyone else was really damaged (Other than "the Joy" who doesn't want to be healed)

Nah, it's fine as is. There's no pip cost/gain for Phoenix Rising that I was counting on for my strategy, so I'll just hold onto it for later (or sooner, as the case may be with only 7 hp).  Does kind of mess up the whole IC story I had come up with for it, though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 9 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:32 pm

BTW Quietkal, could you add the initiative list to the first post of either the OOC or battle thread? It'll make things easier to keep up with.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:I'm not sure who of the listing is targetable this turn to pick from?

Sunny Zoo.
Storm Blade.
The Joy
Pheonix

Sunny Zoo's bodyguard.
Sunny Zoo's messenger.

The latter 2 have cut-scene immunity through, so... no point in effecting them.
If it's just those four... Then clearly I'm just doing it to all four of them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:35 pm

I thought as much.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 am

*smacks head* I'm a derp....

Bronymous, you want the heal?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 am

Is it your turn Zamul? I was starting to wonder whose turn it was.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 am

I was doing the same until...yeah. May go ahead and roll it so we aren't held up more. Sorry about that.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:07 am

I might as well take it, it's not like I have anything to gain by not getting healed right now. 17 hp, 0 pips, blind.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Quietkal, I'm the last one before Mr Bones. Didn't know if you were waiting for anything since I've posted.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Recall that Mr. Bones MUST attack Zero One on this turn thanks to my supercrits.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:40 pm

I'll make a skeleton post soon.
Xel Unknown wrote:No Half Damage goes first... This is something I know 100% sure of because I did ask a big deal about beforehand with how those things works in Simple Question. The answer I've gotten was Damage Modifiers (IE: Half Damage and the like) -> Resist -> Vul -> temp -> HP

If it hits the temp and it worked it's way past resist it counts as "damage".
(Yes, I remember the post, here's Dan's answer.)
After some more thought, you're right. It triggers before Resist and Vuln.
I was going with the fact that the 12 special halves damage taken, and that Resist prevents damage, but there's no reason why it shouldn't trigger at the same time as weakness.

Yes, Xel can apply the 10 specials. I'm just going to remove the damage the skeleton dealt since it's either being healed to no end or negated in the patch.

Added Initiative list to first post of the AAA thread.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:42 pm

... Oh right, the AAA thread, not this thread
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:49 pm

...Xel, I think you forgot about Fear. Zero One lost 2 energy at the start of his turn (putting him to 7) and then paid 7 for SnickerSnack, so he should've been at 0 energy at the end of his turn. Additionally you didn't make a save throw against it at the end of turn.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Quietkal wrote:...Xel, I think you forgot about Fear. Zero One lost 2 energy at the start of his turn (putting him to 7) and then paid 7 for SnickerSnack, so he should've been at 0 energy at the end of his turn. Additionally you didn't make a save throw against it at the end of turn.
Wait what? I think I didn't notice anything of this "fear" thing you talk of...

*edit* I've looked back and now see what I had missed... And dam... That is totally an unfair save ends to give. Messing with pips isn't ever fun to be done to PCs. And thanks... You've now messed up my plans for the next few turns. I needed those two pips.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:54 pm

That could be annoying.

So, we going to see Dr Bones next turn? Then skipping onto The Joy as I'm stunned... Dead Eye & Deadheart will be able to be attacked then.

Xel Unknown wrote:
Quietkal wrote:...Xel, I think you forgot about Fear. Zero One lost 2 energy at the start of his turn (putting him to 7) and then paid 7 for SnickerSnack, so he should've been at 0 energy at the end of his turn. Additionally you didn't make a save throw against it at the end of turn.
Wait what? I think I didn't notice anything of this "fear" thing you talk of...

Here you do.

Quietkal wrote:An unnatural fear forces itself onto the golem, the skeleton's motions forcing a phrase into the ancient's thoughts.
'Spooky...Scary...Skeletons...Send Shivers...Down Your Spine'
((Zero One suffers from Fear (save ends.) ))
Fear:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Part of the skeleton's first action. (here)
Quietkal wrote:An unnatural fear forces itself onto the golem, the skeleton's motions forcing a phrase into the ancient's thoughts.
'Spooky...Scary...Skeletons...Send Shivers...Down Your Spine'
((Zero One suffers from Fear (save ends.) ))

Fear:
   Creatures suffering this condition have a -2 penalty to save throws and lose 2 pips at the beginning of each of their turns.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah... I noticed now... And totally say that is not a something you should ever do. The only time I've somewhat enjoyed messing with pips in combat of the like three or four times it has happened was the one time where basically -pip moves were forced to cost one extra pip. A painful effect even then, but it was kinda enjoyable and was able to be worked around. But pip-loss is something that just... Really feels like a pure "I hate my PCs" move to me. Not saying you can't use it or anything, just putting out my opinion on the idea of any monster having some type of pip loss moves.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Really feels like a pure "I hate my PCs" move to me. Not saying you can't use it or anything, just putting out my opinion on the idea of any monster having some type of pip loss moves.
Noted for future reference.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Also becuase you are the GM what is your ruling on how long this daze effect lasts before or after the save throw?

Combat Talent wrote:[+1] Targeting Program Engage (Redirect Focus) - Minor Utility*
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

If the daze ends afterwards that means I'll get to roll twice on this save ends for fear, if this ends before the save ends throw then I'll only get one roll on the d20 for the save.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Save ends are during the end, so you're still dazed yes.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Then here are my saving throw: 2H20-2 => [ 20; 6 = 20 ] -2 = 18... Wow... Rolz just likes me it seems.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Really feels like a pure "I hate my PCs" move to me. Not saying you can't use it or anything, just putting out my opinion on the idea of any monster having some type of pip loss moves.
Noted for future reference.

It's sorta interesting that I don't see the concept of pip loss as being a problem at all. Actual amounts and implementation may be an issue (-2 on a save ends is kinda rough) but otherwise it's simply part of a toolbox for monster design. Battles shouldn't be static.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:It's sorta interesting that I don't see the concept of pip loss as being a problem at all.  Actual amounts and implementation may be an issue (-2 on a save ends is kinda rough) but otherwise it's simply part of a toolbox for monster design.  Battles shouldn't be static.
Well the energy loss forces a sort of stagnation of the player's part. They have to use + energy talents, and if they don't have something larger than their pip loss, they're stuck using that until they get out of pip loss.
You guys are level 10 and should be able to deal with this without too much of a problem. Decay's gonna get you though. Oh yes...Decay's going to get you.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Well my setup has me use up ALL of my available pips on multiple separate turns, so it would kill my strategy as well.Especially since I only have about 3 good pip boosters and they are all 1/battle. That's why things like Dazing (as a opposed to stuns, which just make me wait a turn), and this kind of pip draining status are so detrimental to my build- I need all my pips, and all my actions to run smoothly. It's also why the designers had overestimated how effective nuke builds are in relation to multiattacks, overlooking how easily multiattacks can be shut down, and why multiattacks keep getting nerfed while some nukes are getting buffed.

Can't wait to see how Decay completely ruins me, though. Inb4 Ongoing "loss of hp", as opposed to damage.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 pm

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ONGOING LOSS OF LIFE? LIKE I'D DO THAT. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Okay maybe.

Anyway! Skeleton fell down. I know it's anticlimactic, but he's getting there.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next