Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curunir's Art

+6
AProcrastinatingWriter
Zarhon
Xel Unknown
Lyntermas
mjh6
Curunir
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curunir's Art Empty Curunir's Art

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:45 am

I don't know if I'm actually going to put many things here, but I do occasionally dabble in random things like art.

I just recently felt inspired to draw an upcoming (?) NPC for my campaign A New World.  Style's something new for me, drew it by hand and then traced the outlines on the computer.  Turned out better than I expected.  

Seven Macaw the Draconequus:

Last edited by Curunir on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Curunir's Art Empty Re: Curunir's Art

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Cool! Although it does make me a bit nervous to hear we might have an encounter with a Draconequus later on.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 am

More pictures:  Some griffons this time.  (Griffons are hard!  Wouldn't have thought they'd be harder than a draconequus...)

Made a mistake when tracing- forgot to make a new layer, so it ended up a bit sloppy.  Maybe I'll try again later.

Again, for my "A New World" Campaign.   Warriors of the Coatltec Empire:

Eagle Warrior:

Jaguar Warrior:

Both Warriors (Edited for Fun):

Original Pencil Drawing:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Completely redid Seven Macaw after taking some advice from Lapis-Lazily

Thanks Lapis!

EDIT: Still getting more advice! Thanks again! We'll see if I can improve more next time I draw/redraw something.

New and Improved Seven Macaw:

Took me most of yesterday and today to do (including figuring out exactly how to do it)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:16 am

Redo of Eagle Warrior Griffon::

And also, now finally something for some of you folks who are NOT in the "New World" campaign:

Luna's Command:  The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga:

Happy Holidays!  I hope to do this with other campaigns I'm participating in, we'll see when I get around to it!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Cool work, Curunir! I hope to see the Grand Line crew lineup someday soon.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 am

I'm planning on it! Haven't started yet, though.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 am

And now... the Grand Line Adventures crew!
Grand Line Adventures:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 am

Boomer looks a tad-male-ish... And that fits in my head, cuase she was built build and junk.... Nice. I like her.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 am

Magnificent! Fantastic work, Curunir!

...I think 62 is actually an Earth Pony, though. Still, you've now given me an actual mental image of what he and Boomer look like! Thank you!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Pfft Shallow's face looks so goofy. Reminds me of Picasso. Dan vs Smiles

I kind of pictured our ship to be a bit bigger too, considering it's meant for long-duration travel / living in. Sails pretty much look the part though, though they lack a pirate flag.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Xel- well, you did say she should look gender ambiguous, so it seems I succeeded?  Though I suppose "looking a tad-male-ish" and "gender ambiguous" aren't exactly the same.  Oh well.

Lyntermas-  Oops, you're completely correct!  I'll have to fix that at some point.  That's what happens when I only have descriptions to go off of.  It's not actually mentioned there, you know.... I just would have needed to scroll down a little more to see "Race: Earth Pony"

And I agree, having a clearer mental image is really nice!  Particularly Boomer and 62, as you note, since they only had descriptions to go off of.

Zarhon- Based the ship off of http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Vincennes-sloop-Currier-Ives.jpeg , given to me by Tyger.  It is a sloop-of-war, a smallish sort of ship.  I maybe could have made the ponies a bit smaller in relation to the ship.  And I can definitely go about adding a pirate flag  pirat (didn't spend as much time on the ship as I could have, got excited about the ponies and putting it up here in a timely manner)

Glad you enjoyed them, I'll get to making those couple fixes... sometime.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Well I think the only problem is that she looks slightly more male-ish then needed like she could use some eyelashes or something to help put the gender clearly in "unknown for sure" instead of "I think it's male" that she has right now. And maybe could use a little more robotic-ish style in her appearance would help too. But outside of those two minor things that she is perfect.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Could you make Shallow's head/face a bit less 'uncanny' looking (chin/snouts seem a bit out of proportion/boxy/elongated, compared to where his neck is)? 62 could go for some of that as well.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:43 pm

hm, I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks for the feedback- I've only really picked this up recently, it really helps!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Curunir wrote:not actually mentioned there, you know.... I just would have needed to scroll down a little more to see "Race: Earth Pony"

The Very First Sentence of Sixty-Two's backstory wrote:Hello. I am sixty-two, an earth pony of very little renown.

I didn't think I needed to reiterate, but apparently...

...ah well. It's not like it's a bad picture anyway. Good job, Curunir.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:04 pm

D'aww, Brilli looks adorable! You even did her cutie mark which I just briefly described in one place once. Great job! Smile
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Alright, tried to implement Zarhon's suggestions (please let me know if I actually did what you wanted, or are still getting it wrong, overdid it, etc.), and fixed 62's race (again, sorry about that AProc!  I feel really stupid now that I could have seen that in two places - I think I only copied down the info in your "description" section when I was working on it).  Don't know why I didn't realize I didn'tknow what kind of pony he was- probably just had a bad pony-racist moment there.

Fixes:

Retro:  Thanks!

Well, it is on your character sheet, even if not on the PC image!  I do try to read the descriptions people give, especially when there's no reference image for something.  Otherwise I'd just ask, as I've had to do with some of Xel's characters.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:31 pm

I like the way you did Carat, but she's not sparkly enough for a crystal pony (sorry, I OCD on sparkles).
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Looks much better now, no longer a Picasso.  Very Happy 

Think it's okay the way you changed it, but still seems slightly 'off' somewhere. Not sure where though. Might be just me being nitpicky.

The neck/chin, maybe? I think the line that makes the bottom of his chin stand out from his neck is slightly too "long" (makes his neck seem too 'thin' where it connects to the head, or something?).

Edit: Also noticed now, his ears appear to be vastly different proportions / odd looking (the one hidden by his mane looks huge), compared to each other.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:59 am

Now I notice what looks off about Carat. It's been bugging me, but I couldn't identify it until now, blaming it on lack of glitter: you forgot the silver markings! Also, I know I never mentioned this on the character sheet (and didn't think of it until now), but her cutie mark looks like her hair piece, but the tips of the petals swirl around and around like the milky way.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey Curunir. I have decided I need an avatar, and also to test my descriptive powers.

You're in my Warehouse campaign; can you draw your impression of Artisian Maverick for me? I can edit it into an avatar from there.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Crystalite: I'd be happy to do that! I'll probably get around to doing the whole group sometime, maybe even including Farnsworth and Sudsy as well. But I'll prioritize Arty for you. I'd appreciate a more detailed description, although I could work from what you've given so far (just don't expect it to match your vision of the character perfectly if you don't give me specifics!)

I don't know when I'll get around to that though, honestly (nor any of my earlier art which could use fixing) I've actually somehow managed to get commissioned to do a few characters for a pony Alpha Centauri Mod (http://sriseru.deviantart.com/journal/Alpha-Equulei-A-Call-to-Artists-432630370) so what time I devote to doing art will probably be occupied with that for a little while.

Everyone else: Just wanted to again make it clear I most certainly do appreciate your feedback- it's definitely helped me improve! I will try to implement your suggestions sometime- I just have a tendency to move on to new projects rather than refine old ones.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 pm

Curunir wrote:Crystalite:  I'd be happy to do that!  I'll probably get around to doing the whole group sometime, maybe even including Farnsworth and Sudsy as well.  But I'll prioritize Arty for you.  I'd appreciate a more detailed description, although I could work from what you've given so far (just don't expect it to match your vision of the character perfectly if you don't give me specifics!)

Crystalite wrote:Maverick is a taller, thinner unicorn stallion, with a brown coat and purple mane/tail. His cutie mark is consistently covered by the jacket he wears, and he generally refuses to discuss what might be underneath. He is a fairly serious sort of pony, but doesn't let formality get in his way.

Besides that...

He keeps his hair fairly messy, primarily out of laziness. The jacket is a dark brown, whereas his fur is more of a lighter tan. Speaking of, that jacket is in fact long enough to drape back over his flank and nearly reach his rear ankles. It has lots of pockets and a wide collar like a business coat. He may or may not wear glasses; I'm not married to the idea though.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Curunir wrote:I don't know when I'll get around to that though, honestly (nor any of my earlier art which could use fixing)  I've actually somehow managed to get commissioned to do a few characters for a pony Alpha Centauri Mod (http://sriseru.deviantart.com/journal/Alpha-Equulei-A-Call-to-Artists-432630370) so what time I devote to doing art will probably be occupied with that for a little while.  
I guess congratulations are in order...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: