Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast?

+7
Lord CoffeeSpanker
AlicornPriest
The Warrior of Many Faces
Karilyn
Flutterknight
SilentBelle
Cardbo
11 posters

Go down

Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast? Empty Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast?

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 am

Represent!
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast? Empty Re: Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast?

Post  SilentBelle Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am

Sure, I eat oatmeal every once in a while. Though I am more likely to eat cereal or make a sandwich.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast? Empty Re: Does anyone eat Oatmeal for breakfast?

Post  Flutterknight Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 am

I have before...though at this point I can really only afford to eat once a day, so there is no breakfast, only "meal".
Flutterknight
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Karilyn Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Flutterknight wrote:I have before...though at this point I can really only afford to eat once a day, so there is no breakfast, only "meal".

Ditto
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Not a huge oatmeal person, but I'll eat it now and again, if it's the right flavor. I like apple cinnamon in particular.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:27 am

Flutterknight wrote:I have before...though at this point I can really only afford to eat once a day, so there is no breakfast, only "meal".
... Lends a whole new meaning to starving artist, eh?
... Sorry, that was too far, wasn't it? Geez, I'm sorry. Sad What's up? And you too, Karilyn? :O
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am

AlicornPriest wrote:
... Sorry, that was too far, wasn't it? Geez, I'm sorry. Sad What's up? And you too, Karilyn? :O

The short, not completely depressing version is I have a low paying job in a poor economy.
Flutterknight
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:52 am

Flutterknight wrote:
AlicornPriest wrote:

The short, not completely depressing version is I have a low paying job in a poor economy.

Out of curiosity, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, what's your minimum wage at in the US? Here in Canada, I'm very thankful that minimum wage is at 10$/hour, and working six days a week means it's easy enough to save up half my wages while renting an apartment and buying food. (No Car or Cellphone for me, damn money-stealing contracts).
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 am

SilentBelle wrote:
Flutterknight wrote:
AlicornPriest wrote:

Out of curiosity, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, what's your minimum wage at in the US? Here in Canada, I'm very thankful that minimum wage is at 10$/hour, and working six days a week means it's easy enough to save up half my wages while renting an apartment and buying food. (No Car or Cellphone for me, damn money-stealing contracts).

I actually have no idea. I *think* it's $7.50, though some places are higher. I only make $7.80. (My job is terrible.)
Flutterknight
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 am

Oh I see...
Well, I hope the unstable economic times turn around soon, then you can enjoy this amazing oatmeal that so many seem to think is crazy. Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:00 am

Used to eat Oatmeal (Porridge,) though we don't have anything in the house to give it much flavour, so I stopped.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Prof. Charles Hoofington Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Im a weetabix person myself, although its close enough (wheat, oats, whats the differance?).
Prof. Charles Hoofington
Prof. Charles Hoofington
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaze Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 pm

I like oatmeal, mixed with a little fruit, some cinnamon and maybe some walnuts or pecans. *smiles* Can't stand it plain, though.
Stargaze
Stargaze
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:51 am

Oatmeal! Are you crazy? (someone had to say it) I enjoy oatmeal, but I eat it very irregularly. Like... maybe once every few months. Mostly cause I rarely eat breakfast. I enjoy sugar and cinnamon in mine, sometimes apple too.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 am

When I was a kid, my mom and dad owned a grocery store, and that grocery store was not just our livelihood but where we got our food.

And there was this commercial on TV for like this chocolate oatmeal, and I was choco-crazy as a kid so I was all like "omigosh I want this so badly" and they were all like "okay".

So we bought it, put it on the shelves, took home a container and it turned out I didn't like it and beyond that it didn't sell well.

That would be the end of it all, but despite the fact I never liked the stuff, I would keep begging my parents to bring in a new shipment so I could eat some every time I saw the commercial. Every time I'd say "no this time I really think I'll like it! I'll eat it all!"

And that's the story of how my obsession with chocolate oatmeal I didn't even like made my parents buy an entire shipment's worth of poor-selling oatmeal just so I couldn't eat it because I disliked it.

Between that and the time I set the store on fire I am beginning to think I was the reason my mom and dad sold the store.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum