Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 6 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Demonu Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Demonu wrote:
Cardbo wrote:OOC:I don't know if Coffee can actually do this since it not technically his turn, but he's going to add his magic point to Clue's Roll (+10)

Coffee gives the Griffin his best stink eye.

It doesn't have to be your turn (in combat) to aid someone. But you might want to hold on to that magic point and see if a 52 cannot drive the griffon back. Magic point bonuses can be given after the DM says the initial result won't beat the DC.

Well, Xandzero2 might say otherwise if this would result in him having to double post/retcon/edit previous posts.

I'm not sure if I can even take an action at this point. I already took an action on my turn, but I don't know if using a magic points counts as taking an action.
A Standard Action during battle is either:
A) using a combat talent
B) using a skill check
C) (if the DM allows it) using a utility talent.

Things like spending a magic point for a +10 bonus, using Generosity, The Stare, Yee-Haw and the like aren't standard actions.

If anyone else has questions regarding game mechanics and the like, I suggest we move that discussion over to the OOC thread to avoid cluttering up this one.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 pm

"I'M GONNA BUCK YA UP, YA HEAR ME!" Buck rose on his hind legs, glaring at the ponies, the walls, the ceiling, roaring, "BUCK YA ALL UP!"

Demonu wrote:
"How dare you..." Clue Seeker muttered softly as he crawled back to his hooves.

Buck's one good eye focused on Clue Seeker. He lifted up his talons as the pony lifted up his head, looking Buck straight in the eye.

Demonu wrote:"You will stop this instant!" said Clue Seeker in a voice that dripped with a kind of authority he wouldn't expect from himself. "And you will APOLOGIZE to the train attendant and return to your cabin."

His eyes closed for an instant before being spurred wide open with an intense gaze. "DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

Buck's arm froze mid-swing. He stared at Clue Seeker wide-eyed, with a mixture of both shock and disbelief. His pupil dilated, his eye scanned the others before him - Coffee Mug, his eyes glittering blue with power; Whisper, crying on the floor. Slowly, Buck lowered his arm. He turned around and saw Chitin, prepared to attack, one dagger in her teeth and one hovering above her; and he saw the other agents behind her, standing silent, watching.

He saw as even the yellow and orange pony from before rushed up with her dolly, pushed her way past the agents, and stopped beside Chitin.

"Sorry," she said to the rust-red pony, "I had to get my dolly. Did I miss anything?"

Buck turned back to Clue Seeker and dropped to all fours, lowering his head, closing his eye.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry."

((I'll count Coffee Mug as assisting with his Magic Point for a total skill check of 62. Combat's over.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:10 am

Chitin blinked looking over as Happy came up next to her. "Happy?" Chitin looked from the yellow and orange pony to the griffon as he sighed and then back again. "Honestly, not really." Chitin's horn pulsed with magic as the dagger above her head floated slowly back into her pack, a moment later, the magic aura enveloped the dagger in her mouth instead and it lifted away from her to follow its twin back into the pack. Chitin relaxed her stance back to a normal posture as she attempted to peer past Buck to make sure her cabin-mates were unharmed.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 am

Coffee's eyes started to dim from their previous glow.

"whew"
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Clue Seeker's eyes softened, the stare ebbing away. He hadn't realized that his muscles were tensed up but as the forgotten yet familiar feeling faded away, so did his muscles start to loosen up.

He sighed, more to recompose himself than anything else. "Well, if you're sorry about it, we'll stop right here."

Clue Seeker looked at Buck but this time, there was a smile on his face rather than a cold stare. "Perhaps this is a good time to start over again."

He extended his hoof to the Griffon. "My name is Clue Seeker."

Can you guys see my signature? Because I have no idea wether or not it's displaying...

Last edited by Demonu on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Whisper, still on the ground, sniffled, "I'm Whisper."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:05 pm

OOC:Demonu, I can't see your signature.

"My name is ...snxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

Right there, on the spot, Coffee drifted off to sleep. Again.

OOC:Coffee has a bit of narcolepsy. Also, he still doesn't quite trust Buck, and wants to avoid giving his real name. Stick with Mocha for now.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:57 am

Demonu wrote:He extended his hoof to the Griffon. "My name is Clue Seeker."

Buck glanced up at Clue Seeker, then lowered his gaze again, taking the hoof that was offered to him.

"Buck Quicksilver," he grumbled, nodding to the others as they each gave their own names (or snores). He knelt down, took up Happy's necklace, and looked down at it.

Then he turned.

Happy shrunk behind her dolly, but then Buck raised his open talon - the necklace in his palm, his eye still fixed on the floor. "This is yours," he muttered, "I... I was wrong to take it."

Happy looked up at her mother's old costume jewelry and smiled. When she took the necklace in both her hooves she was practically beaming. "Thank you!" she said, hugging it to her heart.

Buck nodded, then glanced around at the others, keeping his head down, "Good... Good to meet all of you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I," Buck paused, "I need some air." The big Griffon edged past Happy and Chitin, then made his way to the rear of the train car and went out the back door, closing it softly behind him.

The two ponies in black scratched their heads, smiling awkwardly, "Sorry for the trouble everypony," one said. "He's like that sometimes," and the other added, "He means well."

((BTW - Le'ts make it official. Everypony gain 150 Harmony for calming Buck and helping Happy!

Also, @Demonu: I can't see your sig either ): ))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:13 am

Chitin was silent as Buck turned and returned the necklace to Happy. She smiled seeing how happy Happy was. She took a few steps to the side to make it easier for Buck to pass and watched him leave. She flicked an ear and turned to look at the two agents she'd nearly gotten into a fight with. "Well, Happy has her necklace back and no one was hurt so, no harm now foul?" *she stared at them for a moment more thinking before walking over to them quietly. "I'd like to speak with you two, if you have the time?"
((I can't see any signature either.))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 am

Clue Seeker watched the scene play out before him. Dawn Trek made her way over to the two ponies who accompanied Buck, Coffee Mug fell asleep for no apparent reason, helped Whisper back on her hooves and Dreamsmoke Glitter still seemed oblivious to it all.

He watched Buck close the door behind him at the end of the train. A small smile adorned Clue Seeker's face as he started walking to the same door. He paused for a second when he walked past Dawn Trek.

"If you could get me a business card of those two," said Clue Seeker to Dawn Trek, "it would be much appreciated."

He continued his pace until he reached the train door. As he passed Coffee Mug, he gave a soft kick against his hindlegs to waken him up. Clue Seeker slid the door open and walked outside, only to see Buck staring in the distance.

"Hey," Clue Seeker started as he rubbed the back of his head with his hoof, "things got a bit out of hoof back there. So how about we start again from the beginning?"

He walked until he was standing next to Buck. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Buck Quicksilver. I'm Clue Seeker and I'm on my way to New Orreigns for some r&r."

Clue Seeker turned his head and smiled. "How about you?"

Signatures are now being displayed. Apparently, it was turned off for the entire forum. Just don't go overboard with pictures Smile

Last edited by Demonu on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 am

((Huh? Whisper got up? I was actually waiting for someone to offer her a hoof up. Oh well, rolling with it.))

Whisper thanked Clue Seeker with a smile and tagged along behind him silently.

((Edit: I'm gonna PM Xand some stuff in case I vanish at an inconvenient time.
Edit 2: Edited my post in response to the edit.
Edit 3: I totally know you just thought "sure but, with whose smile?"))

Last edited by Ramsus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 am

Ramsus wrote:((Huh? Whisper got up? I was actually waiting for someone to offer her a hoof up. Oh well, rolling with it.))

Whisper tagged along behind Clue Seeker silently.

((Edit: I'm gonna PM Xand some stuff in case I vanish at an inconvenient time.))
Edited my post so Clue Seeker helps Whisper back on her hooves, like a gentlecolt should. ^^
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 am

Demonu wrote:
He continued his pace until he reached the train door. As he passed Coffee Mug, he gave a soft kick against his hindlegs to waken him up. Clue Seeker slid the door open and walked outside, only to see Buck staring in the distance.

Coffee snorted. "Huh? Oh thanks."

He returns to the cabin. Coffee picks up one of the discarded newspapers and after taking a sip of coffee, peruses it of anything else of interest.

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"I'd like to speak with you two, if you have the time?"

"Oh, hey," the pony on the right said, "It's the scary lady with the sharp knives." He rubbed his flank again as he said this.

"Yep, that's her alright," the pony on the left said.

The pony on the right cocked his head to one side, "So you want to speak with us then?" The two ponies in black glanced at each other, and the right one asked, "What do you think we should do?"

"I think we should speak with her."

"I think I don't want another knife in my flank."

"I see your point."

"You mean, her point?"

"Very punny."

"I try."

They turned back to Chitin.

The pony on the left nodded, "Minion."

The pony on the right nodded, "Mook."

They both extended a hoof, "Pleased to meet you," and Mook added, "How may we help you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demonu wrote:Clue Seeker slid the door open and walked outside, only to see Buck staring in the distance.

"Hey," Clue Seeker started as he rubbed the back of his head with his hoof, "things got a bit out of hoof back there. So how about we start again from the beginning?"

He walked until he was standing next to Buck. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Buck Quicksilver. I'm Clue Seeker and I'm on my way to New Orreigns for some r&r."

Clue Seeker turned his head and smiled. "How about you?"

"You already told me your name inside." Buck muttered, not sharply, but matter-of-factly, as Whisper joined them outside.

The train was entering the marshlands now, flying at a nice clip over a tall bridge spanning the length of the massive swamp known as the Surefire. The sun was dipping low in the west, and soon it would set on the horizon. The sky was the majestic purpley-blue of pomegranates mixed with bright blueberries, and gulls and egrets soared through the brilliance. Buck looked out-of-place, giant, standing on his hind legs, grasping the train-car's hand-railing with his massive talons, staring out past the other cars and caboose, watching the birds with his one good eye.

"I'm on my way to deliver a shipment," he said, "but I fear I won't be able to deliver it in person." He turned back towards the train car, then reached up to the roof, and as Clue Seeker and Whisper watched, he pulled himself up and over, ontop of the train. Buck looked down at the two of them, his one good eye still glistening from recent tears, and he motioned to a ladder on the side of the train-car door. "If you want to talk, then we'll do it up here."

((If you're looking for anything particular Cardbo, let me know. Otherwise, I'll mostly be focusing on Chitin, Whisper, and Clue Seeker for the time being.))

Last edited by XandZero2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Chitin tried to give a winning smile. "Don't worry, I don't use those knives for friendly conversation. I was just hoping you two could indulge my curiosity a little. Call me Dawn Trek, or just Dawn if you prefer." Chitin shook their hooves in turn as they introduced themselves. "We just might be working together in the future after all. Big Mike is one of the potential employers I'm on this train to go meet. I was hoping you two could tell me about him? What he's like, what the ponies and non-ponies who work for him are like. Things like that."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Whisper eyed the high position and looked over the rails with some nervousness. Best to be cautious then. "I have just the thing." she said, more to herself than Clue Seeker. She pulled a length of rope from....somewhere(?) and tied it around herself. She threw the other end up to Buck and called up, "Could you tie that to something?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 am

Dr Blight wrote:Chitin tried to give a winning smile. "Don't worry, I don't use those knives for friendly conversation. I was just hoping you two could indulge my curiosity a little. Call me Dawn Trek, or just Dawn if you prefer." Chitin shook their hooves in turn as they introduced themselves. "We just might be working together in the future after all. Big Mike is one of the potential employers I'm on this train to go meet. I was hoping you two could tell me about him? What he's like, what the ponies and non-ponies who work for him are like. Things like that."

Mook and Minion nodded. "Dawn," they said in unison, as if testing the word. They looked at each other, then nodded and turned back.

"You wish to know about Mr. Mike?"

"We'd be happy to inform you."

"Really?!" Happy Trails had appeared beside Chitin, smiling and clapping her hooves together, her necklace fastened back around her neck. "-I'd love to hear what you have to say about him." She went on as Mook and Minion turned to regard her. "Oh!" Happy beamed at the both of them, and offered a hoof, "Happy Trails. Please to meet you. I would have met you earlier, but things got a little crazy," Happy took a deep breath, "what with the roaring and my screaming and the big Griffon and all the yelling and clawing and tearing and scaring me half to death and everypony coming out and Dawn saving me and then almost having a fight and me running back with my dolly just in time to see everything in well." She exhaled and looked at the others expectantly. "So can I hear what you have to say too?

"- Oh, but wait," Happy closed her eyes and blushed, running a hoof through her orange mane. "I've still got a job to do tending to the passengers. I probably ought to get back to that. Darn it."

"Er..." Mook muttered.

"Yes..." Minion muttered.

"Thanks again Dawn!" Happy sprung up on her hind legs and hugged Chitin tight (so tight, Chitin could barely breath). When Happy finally stepped back she pumped a hoof in the air, "You the pony, girl!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back outside the train, Buck nodded when he heard Whisper ask him to tie up the rope. He wrapped it around a type of locking wheel atop the roof and tied it tight. He gave it a test tug, then motioned for Whisper and Clue Seeker to come up.

Last edited by XandZero2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 am

Whisper leaned over to Clue Seeker and her namesaked into his ear and asked, "I think we might want to make sure we're not working at cross purposes before we go up there and end up angering Buck again. Personally I am not too big a fan of Mike as he's put a lot of folks I knew out of business. How about you?"

While they conversed she tied the rope around Clue Seeker as well, both as en excuse to take the extra time before climbing and to ensure Clue Seeker wouldn't fall off the train if something went awry.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 am

"Don't worry about me," said Clue Seeker as Whisper handled the rope, "I'm just interested in some general information."

Clue Seeker gave a tug at the rope to see if it was tied securely around him. "I'd say 'ladies first' but I think it might be safer if I went up first."

With that being said, Clue Seeker climbed up the ladder on top of the train, extending a hoof to help pull Whisper up on it.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Whisper gladly accepted the help up and even with it she had a panicked moment when she lost her hoofing before she finished climbing up. She looked out at the view from the top of the train for a moment while catching her breath. "Oooh."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 am

"Really? Glad to hear it!" *Chitin clamped her mouth shut, jumping slightly when Happy appeared beside her. She watched Happy for a moment wondering if she was losing her touch as a spy. "gkkt!" Chitin smiled, somewhat awkwardly, in the tight embrace and returned it as best she could. "Anything...for a friend." Chitin blinked a few times to try to clear the spots from her eyes when Happy let go. She giggled slightly at the compliment and imitated the gesture in return. "Heheh, thank you!"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 am

Ramsus wrote:Whisper looked out at the view from the top of the train for a moment while catching her breath. "Oooh."

She could see the red-blue sky, the birds, the bridge, and the swamplands below - full of massive, moss-covered cypress trees, hammocks of brush, and dark green waters covered in bright green algae.

Spoiler:

More birds floated along the still waters, seemingly without a care in the world, and as Whisper watched, a pelican swooped down from the sky and slid onto the water to join its fellows.

Buck had his back to both Whisper and Clue Seeker, staring at the sky, yet he seemed to sense Whisper's thoughts. "It's beautiful out here. Should have stayed out here the whole time." He spread his massive, red-black wings, and Clue Seeker realized there was writing on the back of his jacket - Born to Fly, "-Outside. That's the only place I feel comfortable." Buck paused, "The only place I feel free."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Happy moved on down the hallway, glancing back and waving every few seconds, Mook and Minion scratched their heads.

"Yes." Mook said.

"Interesting." Minion added.

"Indeed."

"Quite."

They turned back to Chitin.

"Now then, Ms. Dawn," Mook continued.

"You wish to know more about Mr. Mike?" Minion finished.

"But let's not stay and talk out in the hallway." Mook shook his head.

"Yes," Minion nodded, "Let's go somewhere more private."

The two motioned towards their cabin.

"If you would be so kind, Ms. Dawn."

"Step inside."

"We can discuss business there."

The two looked at each other, then shrugged and turned back to Chitin.

"Or,"

"If you prefer,"

"Your cabin would work just as well."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Well, time to see where this is going to take us ^^

Clue Seeker took a moment to feel the wind rushing through his mane. It was at times like this that he felt a little envious of Indy Ploy. 'I wonder how she's doing right now...'

But before he sunk away into memories passed, Clue Seeker reminded himself of what he was doing up on the roof of a moving train and addressed Buck.

"That's a cool jacket, Buck. Where'd you get it?"

I want to ask more questions eventually but I can't control Buck's actions so we'll have to go 1 at a time Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Demonu wrote:Well, time to see where this is going to take us ^^

Clue Seeker took a moment to feel the wind rushing through his mane. It was at times like this that he felt a little envious of Indy Ploy. 'I wonder how she's doing right now...'

But before he sunk away into memories passed, Clue Seeker reminded himself of what he was doing up on the roof of a moving train and addressed Buck.

"That's a cool jacket, Buck. Where'd you get it?"

I want to ask more questions eventually but I can't control Buck's actions so we'll have to go 1 at a time Smile

((Usually I try to wait for everypony to make a post, but here I'll make an exception for two reasons:

1. It's been a couple days since anyone posted
2. This conversation could do quite a bit of back-and-forth))

"Big Mike gave it to me," Buck replied in a rough, level tone. "When I joined up."

Buck laughed - a harsh, awkward sound - and shook his massive head, "Didn't know what to think of it then. I'm so big, normally, can't find a size that even fits me." He glanced back, sizing up Clue Seeker with his one good eye. "You know what that's like? To be so bucking big, you rip anything you try on? Jackets, pants, gloves, shoes - anything.

"I..." Buck shook his head, suddenly embarrassed. His gaze drifted down to his talons, where he began tracing an invisible circle in the roof of the train. "I know most Griffons aren't interested in clothes, but I always liked them... Maybe because I couldn't have 'em. Ya know, ponies don't make clothing my size - buck, not even Griffons do - but the boss knew this one Minotaur clothing designer."

Buck fell back on all fours and sat down, resting himself on the roof of the train like a stone gargoyle perched on the edge of a cathedral. "The jacket was special order from him."

"Come to find out, I'm a size Minotaur."

Buck put one paw to his jacket.

"And nopony make's Minotaur clothing."

"Nopony, but the one."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Coffee glances out the window and notices the sun going down. 'Magic time' he thinks to himself. He grabs his coffee and his newspaper and heads out to the caboose to watch the stars come out.

OOC:No real point to this, its just a very IC thing for Coffee to do.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next