Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick thought on efficiency

5 posters

Go down

Just a quick thought on efficiency Empty Just a quick thought on efficiency

Post  SilentBelle Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:09 am

I've noticed that we have quite a few threads going on here, dealing with the mechanics of the game and hammering out new ideas. Once you get past about 5 pages, it becomes quite laborious to get engaged in the topic at hand and as a result, some ideas are being overlooked or skipped over. It takes a thorough comb of the comments to catch some of the gems that have slipped through the cracks. I know with the destinies, thread I am quickly cowed by the ten pages that it has and the large amount of text involved in working them.

So I was wondering if it might be a wise idea to have a compilation of the abilities that are currently being worked on the first post of a thread. Or even have separate threads that only hold a list of the abilities being worked on. That way, you need only look to the front of the page and then choose an ability to talk about.

I'm not sure if this is a viable solution. And I wonder if anyone else can think of any other solutions for this particular problem. I can only imagine what might happen when this hits EqD. It's already feeling kind of disorganized.

Suggestions?
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Just a quick thought on efficiency Empty Re: Just a quick thought on efficiency

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 am

If that does happen it would probably be best to have one such thread per section and have it divide things up by finished/unfinished and remove things that become official and end up in one of the books.

I'm sure Stairc is going to take a while to approve/disapprove of every idea people have and get the approved ones into books and some PHs are probably not going to care if something is officially approved or not anyway and just whether it's in a completed and usable state. So the finished/unfinished categories would make it a lot easier for everyone to find what they want and do...whatever. Also helpful in that it'll make sure we get less of people making 5 different versions of the same basic concept because nobody ever got it in a completed state or such.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I agree that something really needs to be done for the destinies section at least. We need to work on organization for the over-ginormous threads, and with that in mind, here's my recommendation -

-We hire Twilight Sparkle!

;P

But honestly, I'd recommend we either split things like the Destinies into separate threads, or we have a constantly updated "approved/unapproved" thread with the most up-to-date rules changes for each destiny, as SB's saying.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  threezeus Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 pm

XandZero2 wrote: or we have a constantly updated "approved/unapproved" thread with the most up-to-date rules changes for each destiny, as SB's saying.

Workin on it.
threezeus
threezeus
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:20 pm

threezeus wrote:
XandZero2 wrote: or we have a constantly updated "approved/unapproved" thread with the most up-to-date rules changes for each destiny, as SB's saying.

Workin on it.

So basically we could make an 'unapproved' thread where we post the details and ideas and update them (through use of the edit button) as they get changed trough discussion in the accompanying thread, then Stairc, or some other administrator would create a locked 'approved' thread? And when the ideas end up in this 'approved' thread, we can remove them from the unapproved thread.

Hmm, I wonder if it will work out.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  threezeus Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
threezeus wrote:

Workin on it.

So basically we could make an 'unapproved' thread where we post the details and ideas and update them (through use of the edit button) as they get changed trough discussion in the accompanying thread, then Stairc, or some other administrator would create a locked 'approved' thread? And when the ideas end up in this 'approved' thread, we can remove them from the unapproved thread.

Hmm, I wonder if it will work out.
Well you can go check out what I just put up. Hopefully it's what you were looking for.
https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t144-destiny-catalog
threezeus
threezeus
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 am

I said it there and I'll say it here: Threezeus is best pony.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  threezeus Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:42 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:I said it there and I'll say it here: Threezeus is best pony.
Just a quick thought on efficiency QU6BE
threezeus
threezeus
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Aww, thanks for doing that threezeus, it's much easier to look at the abilities this way. The only problem is that now you are kind of shouldered with the burden of staying top of the destinies thread and updating them as they change. I feel kind of bad about that Shocked.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum