Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing in the Sandbox

+5
Lyntermas
A1C Bronymous
Demonu
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
9 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Playing in the Sandbox - Page 37 Empty Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Ramsus wrote:Mykaila, basically ignores everyone else and asks timidly, "Can- can I see your wings?"

"Mykaila-chan, you need to say "please"."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 pm

"This is true, don't forget your manners, Mykaila-Dono..." The Pixie adds.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am

Mykaila's antennae droop in response to the chiding.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 am

The Aasimar blinks at the request, thinking for a moment. Nodding slightly to herself she sets the sword she was inspecting down for a moment and shifts in her chair to face Mykaila. Hands in her lap, she clears her throat lightly to get the young thri-kreen's attention before the wings on her back twitch once and fully extend to her sides. "...Will this do?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Mykaila claps her hands together and softly says "Oooooh. So pretty." with a look a delight on her face.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 am

"Most impressive. Thank you for showing us your wings, Aureal-san." He gave a small bow to the Aasimar. "Now, Mykaila-chan, I'm sure that all these people are quite nice, but some of them may be busy. Always be polite, and if you want me to buy you something, let me know." He looked over at Cyrta. "If you wish to watch over her, I'd appreciate it, but I think she's mostly safe here. I'd be careful riding on her shoulder, though, in case she runs off again."

Skaimos made his way back to the others. "You've got quite a varied bunch here, Tsukino-san. Although, if you don't mind me asking, you seem to be mostly comprised of and led by what some might refer to as the "lesser races." Does anyone give you trouble because of that?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:05 am

Maihime nods with a smile. "Certainly milord, most of the 'greater races' tend to be fairly well off where they are. Not many would choose the life of a gypsy without having special circumstances." She brings a hand to her lips for a moment thinking before continuing. "Hmm... I do suppose we have trouble from time to time... Not many of the greater races grace us with any kind of attention, and those that do frequently give rather unwanted varieties... Young scions from particularly well-to-do families tend to be the most trouble. They tend to cruelty towards their lessers in order to further their reputations among their peers and are quick to call the guards for any minor slight." The eladrin gives a tired sigh before quickly schooling her expression back to a neutral smile. Still the few among us who were born to such respectability do go a long way towards dissuading some of the more unsavory encounters by their very presence."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:21 am

Skaimos nods. "I understand completely. My family can trace its noble heritage throughout the generations. All two of them." He smirks. "My father was a tiefling. My grandfather was human. We are quite aware of our humble origins as compared to our current status, and my father impressed upon me that it is character, not birth, that defines a person's value." His smile fades a bit. "...Besides, status is a thing that can be gained and lost rather quickly, even amongst the greater races."

"Still, it's nice to see such a collaboration of diversity, even on a small scale. Oh, that reminds me. I don't believe I heard the story of exactly how you found Tethe-san."

edit: Epic derp. My bad.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 pm

The Pixie nods, having already set keeping an eye on Mykaila her full time job at the moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:17 am

Toku stayed quiet for now, listening. He supposed he'd never particularly given the divide between greater and lesser races much thought...It didn't much matter when he was tinkering with his machines and devices in any event, and everyone was equal at the ultimate end of their journeys anyhow...Still, at the question, he nodded a bit. "I must admit, seeing her, I don't picture her to have been with the caravan long before she parted ways... I'd like to hear the tale too, if you're willing to share." He shrugged slightly, looking up at the taller individuals.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Maihime laughs into her hand. "it would be my pleasure! Now then! It all happened a few years ago..."

She said as she produced a fan in her hand with a flick of the wrist and began wave it in the air in front of her. A thin pink-tinted smoke rising and spreading from the ends in a circle until it expands enough to completely block Maihime from sight. The circle opened from the center and revealed an image completely unlike the scenery they stood in. Like a window they could see through to a small urban plaza. The wagons set up in a circle while members of various races set up much more stable stands and stages than they have now. A few of the faces are familiar, but most aren't.

"I was still too young then to do anything but help out. So Gehrik, that is Redstone-san, had sent me to check on some of the supply wagons now that we'd stopped. To check on what we needed to resupply in this new town."

The eladrin speaks from her hiding place behind the smokey portal, and as she does the image shifts to focus in on a young girl. An early teenager with familiar familiar yellow-green hair though wearing far plainer robes. She skips between the different wagons, trying to keep out of the light rain as she makes her way towards the one she's looking for. Just as she reaches it and goes to pull the curtain back she stops and jumps away with a frightened look on her face.

"When I got there though, I heard the most frightening noise from inside. It sounded like some great beast was hiding within snarling at me! Never-the-less I had a task to do, so I mustered my courage and pulled back the curtain and what should I see...?"

The young eladrin in the window throws the curtains back to reveal Tethe, her scales a very slightly more vibrant blue at the time, splayed out atop the supplies inside. Her arms wrapped around a pair of very large bottles of what you're certain is alcoholic and seemingly snoring very loudly by how her mouth is moving as she sleeps.

"...a passed out drunken hobo!" Maihime finishes cheerfully with a giggle. "Hey now! I take offense to that remark!" "Which is exactly what she said when I ran away screaming those exact words to Redstone-san at the top of my lungs! Though it was much harder to understand at the time due to her...temporary impairment...!"

The image shows the young eladrin scream and run away, followed by the dragonborn sluggishly poke her head out of the wagon and yell something before taking a tumble out. A fan passes through the magical window and it dissipates as Maihime takes a bow.

"And that is how we met our dear Tethe. Redstone-san had her work off the supplies she stole in her stupor by becoming a guard for the caravan. A position now filled by Aureal-san here since Tethe eventually went her own away." Tethe shifts awkwardly in place as the story finishes.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:06 am

Mykaila laughs in the right places and claps briefly when Mai finishes.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Toku smiled a bit, clapping his hands...She was a good performer, the illusions really helped with the story...It was quite impressive to watch, even from a mechanical standpoint...Though at the hobo remark, he hadn't been able to help but chuckle, glancing at Tethe for a moment. "You have my thanks for sharing the tale," he said, looking to the others for a moment, wondering what the others had thought about it...It seemed the dragonborn's fate was tied in with this caravan, for better or worse.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:51 am

"That was a most impressive display, Tsukino-san." Skaimos clapped briefly. "I wonder, can you use that ability to project any images you like, or simply variations of your memories? Hmm, perhaps in conjuction with a psion, you might be able to project the memories of others." Skaimos shrugged. "But that's merely speculation on my part. Either way, it was very enjoyable to watch."

Skaimos had noticed that Tethe had seemed a bit uncomfortable at the mention of her "going her own way", but decided not to pry. "You seem very skilled in story-telling, Tsukino-san. Tell me, have you ever heard any tales involving...forests?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm

"Thank you! If I can envision it, I can project it. But making it look real is another matter." She says as she takes another stage bow. "Forests?" She tilts her head slightly as she thinks, folding her arms before bringing a hand to her chin. "Nothing beyond that they exist... why?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 am

"I think I know one..." The Pixie comments and thinks hard to remember how it went.

history check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:01 am

Dr Blight wrote:"Thank you! If I can envision it, I can project it. But making it look real is another matter." She says as she takes another stage bow. "Forests?" She tilts her head slightly as she thinks, folding her arms before bringing a hand to her chin. "Nothing beyond that they exist... why?"

"Well, it's just that...I've always kind of wanted to see one. I mean, I've seen cherry blossom trees and the like, but apparently forests have trees with trunks as wide as a man is tall, and they are so tall and so plentiful you can always find shade while walking around. I...I'd like to know if there were any legends, however fanciful, about a forest somehow managing to exist in the midst of this blasted desert."

Skaimos shrugged. "But then again, I'm also the tiefling that wants to become one of the greatest merchants of all time. So, you can guess how realistic my expectations are."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 pm

"Well... I recall a story... About a forest that was somewhere south west of Kabikyo... Where the Fey are rumored to play and dance there... Playing harmless tricks on those to enter... And..." Cytra tells, then her eyes go wide with shock as she clearly realized something. "I think... I was born there..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Maihime nods silently. "The only forest I've heard of is the one from our mutual friend Tethe's tale. Hers was covered in snow I hear, perhaps they are the same as yours little pixie, just in different season? Maybe your friends stole her memory away?" She shrugs with a smile. "Perhaps you would answer one of my questions now sir? How does a princess and her retinue wind up with a merchant caravan?" The eladrin asks, hiding her expression for a moment behind her fan, only her eyes peering out.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 am

Skaimos frowned, then sighed. "I'm afraid that it is not the happiest of tales. However, since you asked, I will tell."

"It was the day of the festival in Kabikyo. I had met a Genasi named Alma Lex-Iya. We had exchanged pleasantries, and were watching the tournament. We and a few others heard a thri-kreen calling for help, saying his daughter was missing. When we offered our assistance, he said his name was Nale Mefas, and that his daughter, Mykaila, had been kidnapped by a noble called Tammet Iykta. If he did not do as Iykta asked, his daughter would be killed. He said that she would be guarded at the cherry blossom party up on the hill. As we did not doubt his words and were eager to help the needy, we agreed.

We went to the party, where we found Mykaila, surrounded by four guards. Through trickery, misdirection, but mostly sheer luck, we managed to get Mykaila and escape....but not cleanly. My real name had been used, some of our faces had been seen, and Alma....she...she had run afoul of a monster of a dragonborne named Thornhill, one of the guards.

It was only afterwards we had realized the true nature of events. Mykaila was in fact the daughter of Daimyo Sa'Hak-cho, and we had kidnapped her from the custody of none other than Daimyo Togaru. Nale Mefas was a literal False Name, and had abandoned us to our fate. We decided that our best chance was to try and bring Mykaila home to her father. We snuck into the shop of a caravaneer that Alma had heard of, and stayed the night there rather than risking an inn. We awoke the next morning to meet John Smithe, who offered to take us on as bodyguards.

We had been traveling for some time, facing bandits, large tentacle monsters, and other threats of the desert. Then off in the distance, we saw Thornhill and his men pursuing us. It was a tough battle, and we managed to achieve victory...but not without cost. Alma and a dwarf named Tordek had succomed to their wounds before we could heal them. They...are at peace now. Tethe has frozen their bodies to preserve them until we reach the next city, where they can receive a proper burial."

"And that...is the end of the tale."
Skaimos wiped the beginnings of tears from his eyes.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Maihime is silent, listening to the story from start to finish. Once Skaimos is done talking she brings her fan up to hide her expression as she looks away for a moment.

Tethe is likewise silent for a moment before turning towards Mykaila. "That gets me wondering, but how DID you wind up there anyway? Did they kidnap you or was it some kind of weird official foreign exchange princess deal?"

After a long moment Maihime nods to herself, closing her fans and looking at the group and Skaimos in particular. "I imagine by now Gehrik and Smithe-san must've concluded their business and that our two caravans will be parting ways shortly. When they do, I would very much like to accompany your group." It's a statement, not a question as she puts the fans away for the moment in the sleeves of her robes and begins to lead the group back. "We should hurry along then, I should at least inform Gehrik and it wouldn't do for you to keep your employer waiting."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Mykaila replies to Tethe, "After the last war, I and Daimyo Togaru's son were exchanged as an assurance of keeping the peace and fair negotiations."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed May 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Toku had been quiet, processing the tale...The fallen were beyond help, he supposed all that remained on this side was to ensure their sacrifice was honored. The Raven Queen would take care of the rest. However, the eladrin's announcement startled him out of his thoughts, and he looked at her. "You're going to be travelling with them, Maihime-san?" Toku seemed rather surprised by this turn of events. "You've made up your mind, then...Very well. If you would have me, I wish to go with you as well." He turned to the others, making his decision. He wouldn't expand his trade sticking with the gypsies forever..."I'm quite capable with all sorts of machines, and I won't slow you down. ...Heh, perhaps this meeting was more than mere coincidence." Besides, this tale of political intrigue had him a bit interested...He wanted to see how it would end...Someone had set them up, and the most obvious motive was destabilizing things...Why, on the other hand, was the mystery.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Skaimos was a bit surprised to hear Mahime's sudden decision to join up with his caravan. "Uh...as you wish, Tsukino-san. I'm sure Smithe-san would be glad to have someone with your talents along with us." He looked over at Tethe and shrugged.

"And it would be wonderful to have you along as well, Toku-san. Smithe-san said that artificing is in high demand in some places, and...well, we may need all the help we can get guarding the caravan."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon May 06, 2013 3:26 am

Maihime leads the group back to Smithe's wagons in short order, and after speaking to the dwarf for a few moments disappears back into the gypsy encampment.

By the time she returns, Gehrik is already leading a small group from his caravan to help move the two slabs of ice keeping Tordek and Alma out and over to his own wagons, the rest prepping the wagon train to move again.

"It seems they've agreed to transport Alma and Tordek's bodies back to their homes since they're heading back in that general direction. The ice will keep them till they're back with their families for a proper burial." Tethe says in a somber tone, a bit of mist trailing from her mouth as she speaks. "I touched it up a little bit to make sure it'll last."

Maihime remains silent, watching the gypsy caravan prepare to leave without her. She sits on the end of one of Smithe's wagons as she watches.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next