Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

+6
A1C Bronymous
Doc pseudopolis
RavenscroftRaven
Appkes
tygerburningbright
Masterweaver
10 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players) Empty Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:21 pm

My last GMing experience turned out horribly, because I didn't have a plan. That's why I've put up a plan this time, and set out a setting canon and codex which I will run by StairC for evaluation. Let's see if I can't redeem myself.

*You MUST apply with a character sheet in Google Docs.
*We are looking for 4-6 players.
*Please stick to the official rulebook and its expansions.
*Do try to post at least once a day. I will hold myself to that standard as well.

The Setting:
The changeling invasion might have failed, but the fact is the world is no longer the same. Ponies everywhere are afraid that their best friend might secretly be their worst enemy. Fortunately, a number of groups devoted to rooting out the shapeshifting love vampires have cropped up, and they seem to be working... for the most part. You have just been hired by one of these groups--Cadenza’s Relocation and Education Workforce--to serve as investigators in the small but important hamlet of Ponyville.

Accepted characters:
Chain Link
Flashpoint
Ragdoll
Handle
Ruby Shield
Ember

Last edited by Masterweaver on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players) Empty Re: Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:52 pm

I want to sign up but the PC I want to use right now in a PBP is a changeling so no dice sorry.

EDIT just came up with an idea for an hybrid dragon if that is ok.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players) Empty Re: Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

Post  Appkes Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm

So this is basically Investigators with more changelings and less Luna?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Appkes wrote:So this is basically Investigators with more changelings and less Luna?

Having not kept up with that campaign, I can honestly say Squibble recha levras!
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Posting interest. I assume approved races are from both books, core book preferred, changelings not allowed?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm

It's actually both books. A changeling would be interesting so I'm allowing it... IF YOU'RE MAN ENOUGH TO HANDLE IT!
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Hmm...An expert on changelings by virtue of being a changeling, is that what you mean?, sounds like a challenge.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Sounds relatively stable, I guess. Does this mean your other game is done, and I can stop posting interest about it? Because if it is, then I may jump in on this one.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Well this place seems like a better option to give Chain Link the Minotaur a chance to have fun.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Bronymous wrote:Sounds relatively stable, I guess. Does this mean your other game is done, and I can stop posting interest about it? Because if it is, then I may jump in on this one.

Mmmmyea. That one... that one got away from me. So, I'm cutting it.

As for Chain Link... a few of his utility talents seem to be things a minotaur would not have access to. Remember, we're sticking to the official books.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Well, I would have given you a second shot because I have a character I really want to play but 1) Your setting is most likely impossible for me to fit with my headcannon for Outcast. 2) You probably wouldn't let me play him with your rules setup anyway.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 pm

I am sorry pulling my application
[quote="Masterweaver"].
*Please stick to the official rulebook and its expansions.
[quote]
due to this clause. Prehaps at a later date.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Just for one more clarification, then: The Talent Show is not considered official in your books (no pun intended)?

Alrighty then! Doc, do you intend to draw up a changeling?

Were we recruited by conscription, by general mercenary payment, or by a concern for the populace? (This doesn't intrude on backstory, just wondering the hiring practices of Cadenza’s Relocation and Education Workforce.) Also, By "relocation and education", is this a group that outwardly is sympathetic to the race, or is it a euphemism for "toss the body in a ditch and that'll learn them"?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Any secret agency worth it's salt knows ditches are insufficient. Pull a Soviet and hide a mass grave in the forest.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Yeah I intend to draw up a changeling.
I call him ragdoll.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm in. I guess I can't use my foal character, so back to Flashpoint it is. Have some backstory, too.

Protip: ignore those blacked out things, they don't matter yet. And I left my horseshoes on because so far no DM has seen fit to not let me have them (hint: all they do is let me light fires. It makes sense to have once you read the backstory).
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:27 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Just for one more clarification, then: The Talent Show is not considered official in your books (no pun intended)?

Alrighty then! Doc, do you intend to draw up a changeling?

Were we recruited by conscription, by general mercenary payment, or by a concern for the populace? (This doesn't intrude on backstory, just wondering the hiring practices of Cadenza’s Relocation and Education Workforce.) Also, By "relocation and education", is this a group that outwardly is sympathetic to the race, or is it a euphemism for "toss the body in a ditch and that'll learn them"?

Actually, I didn't remember Talent Show existed. So it's acceptable! I'll reevaluate Chain Link with this new information and I apologize for my own stupidity.

As for method of recruitment...

Spoiler:
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Chain Link and Flashpoint are accepted. However, I must point out Captain Shining Armor is in fact quite competent in this setting (though he may not have been as a lieutenant), and that this adventure starts in Ponyville. May I politely request that Flashpoint's backstory be changed to reflect this?

ELEMENTS USED
Laughter
Generosity
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Ragdoll is accepted! Remember, though, he probably doesn't want to reveal his identity as a changeling. Just a-saying.

USED ELEMENTS:
Laughter
Generosity
Loyalty
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Ragdoll is accepted! Remember, though, he probably doesn't want to reveal his identity as a changeling. Just a-saying.

USED ELEMENTS:
Laughter
Generosity
Loyalty
Ah...thats specifically why I made him, changeling and proud of it...then again it would probably be a bad thing if anyone outside of his co-workers found out.
Edit: I'll probably change one of the utility talents for Freaky knowledge (Identifing changelings and changeling habits)
Edit 2: Yeah swapped out careful study for freaky knowledge

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited character sheet.)

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

I think I'll play as Handle. Picture will come later.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Chain Link and Flashpoint are accepted. However, I must point out Captain Shining Armor is in fact quite competent in this setting (though he may not have been as a lieutenant), and that this adventure starts in Ponyville. May I politely request that Flashpoint's backstory be changed to reflect this?

Absolutely. FP is a cross game character, so his backstory is pretty much set. It's up to you whether you want parts of it to apply or not. At worst, if we ever run into him then it will just be a personal thing FP thought about him, but not actually true.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Thought I'd toss out Ember.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Handle is accepted, and we've hit the minimum bracket. Anypony still want in?

USED ELEMENTS:
Laughter
Generosity
Loyalty
Honesty
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum