Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet

3 posters

Go down

YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet Empty YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet

Post  YFTechno Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey there everyone! I am YFTechno with some lovely news! I been working on character sheets for this nice system. Currently it is a very plain sheet ( I am keeping it plain till I get some feedback from y'all so I know how to make it more effective and better use. I have a link down at the bottom for the pdf. Please give me any suggestions and what not you can!

Breakdown: 3 page sheet currently.
-Page 1: Basic character build, from your attributes and skill, even has a place to keep track of Magic Points, your element, and even your current amount of harmony
-Page 2: What I call the battle breakdown page, it has your health, your talents, and others!
-Page 3: This has a page for a picture of your pony, a background story, and even a inventory slot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9805204/PonyTales%20Char%20Sheet.pdf

BTW: Once that I get done with a good 'working' version of this, I will probably start making printable GM Sheets for those GMs who have customizable screens.

Last edited by YFTechno on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

YFTechno
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet Empty Re: YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm

All criticism is done with the intent of being constructive:

You can have 8 combat talents but you've only got spots for 6. The number can increase to 10 with the power of Combat Traits. Also, though a stylistic choice, Equestria's currency is bits, not gold.

Other than those, Formatting can be a bit of an issue. I'd say to centre all the "header" categories (like "vitals" and "boons"), so it doesn't look like they're data entry points. It glitched the first time I opened it, saying the font was weird, not sure if this is on your end or mine as an issue. I think a more bolded or underlined or more gothic font for the headers (especially the main one) would also be helpful.

Other than that, I think it's pretty nice. I've got a gdocs style template I use already, but something standardized has never hurt.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet Empty Re: YFTechno's Unofficial Printable Character Sheet

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Destiny needs more slots, too. Give a title and, yaknow, room to describe destiny abilities.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  YFTechno Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 pm

I am working on the additions now, and will probably edit in my update in a hour or so.

@RavenscroftRaven: With the format, or really the placement of the headers of the section, I am more worried about getting everything condensed to a nice not taking 4 pages BEFORE I move onto doing the finer details (placement of text, and other smaller aspects that won't change the whole document). And when it comes to the font, I am using a Linux distro so some fonts that windows people have, I don't. I can select a couple of gothic fonts, but they don't look like some MS fonts. Lastly, when it comes to the issue with the opening, I believe it was on your side, since I was not have any problems with any of the other computers opening the pdf, so I don't know what to tell you there.

YFTechno
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  YFTechno Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Bump. And also I finally posted a revised version. Again, I am getting this tested out, and will work on making them more appealing later, once I get both the right 'flow' for people to use these down, as well as a nice and effiecent placement I will make them look more pleasing to the eye (black on white text for headers or what have you).

YFTechno
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum