Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Legends in Equestria

4 posters

Go down

Real Legends in Equestria Empty Real Legends in Equestria

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:53 am

Totally insane idea for a campaign... No clue when if ever I'll start it up... But I wondered what people would think of it.

Well here is it, it'd be a spin of the "human in equestria" fan-fics we all know so very well. Only difference being that the "humans" wouldn't be from our earth, but an earth that was pouplated with the Living Legends Races. And not just humans... But the really crazy idea for this Campaign would be that it'd be super-meta.

So every of the players would have two characters, one a Living Legends Character, one a Pony Tales... The Living Legends character would be the "player" of the pony tales character. So the basic plot would be a group of D&D players decide to play a game of Ponytails in real life, with some mysterous GM from the Internet, the players thought it odd to have a DM play by webcam. But they thought it might be fun... While they started up the campaign the webcam OPENS UP A CRAZY VORTEX and boom, the Legends PC find themselves in Equestria in the bodies of their characters they had made. They've got to deal with two plots to figure out, one how to get back home and what's really going on, and dealing with the Pony Tales plotline too.

So, feedback on this crazy idea of mine?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Real Legends in Equestria Empty Re: Real Legends in Equestria

Post  SilentBelle Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 am

That sounds quite comical, but I wonder... are the characters transported as themselves, or are they, as so many HiE stories, turned into ponies themselves?
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 am

SilentBelle wrote:That sounds quite comical, but I wonder... are the characters transported as themselves, or are they, as so many HiE stories, turned into ponies themselves?
I thought I made it clear that the Living Legends PC was turned into "their" pony tales character. So yeah they were changed on their trip into equestria...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am

So it'd just be a pony character then? They'd be the same identity, and the pony seems like the only one we'd see.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Well I'd plan for it be a bit more complex than that... Basically the Living Legends PCs are Gamers like us, a group of people who end up playing a game of Pony Tales, run by some mystery guy over the internet, viva webcam... And just as the first session was about to begun, BOOM VORTEX INTO EQUESTRIA, and they get turned into their PCs for the game... (we'd start off with previews of both sides character introduce themselves to each other and establish their pre-game relationships with each other as an intro for both "earth" and equestria, then we'd end up having the Living Legends end up in control of the Pony Tales body, with the pony tales character out cold) Eventually they'd end up learning how to shift between the Pony Tales body and their Living Legends body... And they'd end up meeting with their Pony Tales character too and stuff. Normally the Character from one game system is control of the other's body. (IE: Pony control the Legend body, Legend controls the Pony body.)

At least that's my thoughts on this crazy set up so far...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Well I'm in....now have to go read the Living Legends stuff.

Alpha build of LL character
Spoiler:

Alpha build of Pony character
Spoiler:

Picture for one of Paper Reign's unique forms
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ramsus on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Well I'd plan for it be a bit more complex than that... Basically the Living Legends PCs are Gamers like us, a group of people who end up playing a game of Pony Tales, run by some mystery guy over the internet, viva webcam... And just as the first session was about to begun, BOOM VORTEX INTO EQUESTRIA, and they get turned into their PCs for the game... (we'd start off with previews of both sides character introduce themselves to each other and establish their pre-game relationships with each other as an intro for both "earth" and equestria, then we'd end up having the Living Legends end up in control of the Pony Tales body, with the pony tales character out cold) Eventually they'd end up learning how to shift between the Pony Tales body and their Living Legends body... And they'd end up meeting with their Pony Tales character too and stuff. Normally the Character from one game system is control of the other's body. (IE: Pony control the Legend body, Legend controls the Pony body.)

At least that's my thoughts on this crazy set up so far...

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. I thought it was kind of silly to have the characters specifically from Living Legends if they would get no playtime in their own world after transferring to Equestria. Sounds fun, but I don't think I'd want to jump on-board right away.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 am

Well the campaign as is... This is just in the pure idea phase. I guess I could try thinking up some ideas for getting both worlds in danger and getting some action for each realm.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Ok... So just to hopefully better explain what would happen with this campaign with the hope of getting more people intrestested in joining or at least talking about this campaign idea of mine.

To summarize what's been said already; we'd start off this game in a Living Legends filled Earth that has Pony Tales as a real world gamebook, each of your LL-Characters knows something of the show and the Pony Tales RPG game, be them diehard fans of both or just knows next to nothing about the show or gamebook, IE the type of friend who has just been dragged into playing but is open to trying new things. Also to the viewpoint of the LL-Character they were the ones who had build the Pony Tales character sheet. Next the LL characters get pulled into Equestria as they were starting to play their new campaign and turned into the very PT-Characters they were going to play as. Eventually we'll end up finding out that both worlds are in danger from because of the Big Bad who I now dub, THE META-FAUST... (note: this character isn't me, just a character that thinks it's in total control of both gameworlds and stuff) Also we'll end up using the LL-Character's bodies too but they'll start off being controlled by the Pony Tales' character when we first see them.

Also as a random note: All everypony utilities and all the combat talents on this page are allowed in this game. And if you want to mix-an-match the Living Legands Race Racial skills you may, but they must start off as being mostly one of the following: Human, Dwarf, Elf, Hawkling, Minotaur (if you pick one you can't pic a Equstria Minotaur for your Pony Tales character), Dragonborn (Can't pick a baby dragon pony tales character if you pick this one), Woven, Rishi, Gnome, or an Automaton. For example, Ramsus picked to be a Rishi Witch that can fly by using a broom, if you can think up something just like that and talk with me about your ideas, I'll hear you out and most likely allow it. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Oh second thought, we might not be playing it with the Pony Tale character's mind being normally playable until sometime later in the game or something... I'm not sure... Still you'd need two character sheets for this game. Or turn them into one duo-character sheet that has info on both of the characters one after the other. And just so you know. You'll be able to use BOTH element and virtue in both character's bodies, just so you know. And if you choose to have them be the same for both, you'll get one free per day use of said element. Other then that, I say you all can go wild and have fun. Or something.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum