Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About my Absence

+4
kajisora
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
The Warrior of Many Faces
8 posters

Go down

About my Absence Empty About my Absence

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Sorry, guys. I was intending to get back to posting after finals, truly I was. But then my grades came back really low, I had some personal issues to work through as a result, and I consequently forgot about this place after spending quite a bit of personal time with the family. Also, I got Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for Christmas, and you would not believe how hard it is to put that game down. In short, I did a horrible job of meeting my commitments here, and I apologize.

Meanwhile, I have come to the conclusion that I need to cut down on my time spent here; my poor time management netted me poor grades, so I have to improve my time management to get better ones. To that end, I am shutting down the Evil campaign and putting Discord's game on the back burner for a while.

The Evil campaign was a good idea, but let's be honest here: even if I had the time, this RP has come to a complete standstill. I have no idea how to get things moving, and the fact that there are eight players makes any progress slow at best. It's a shame, because this RP had some great PCs, one of which is starring in a fanfic right now as an indirect result. But I simply can't run this RP very effectively. I intend to lock both the IC and OOC threads in case people want to see them.

Discord's Game is another of my better ideas, and I've enjoyed myself for what little time I had with it. But it takes far more time than I anticipated it taking. Simple as that. I do hope to come back to this someday, though, so I won't be locking the threads.

Finally, given my long absence, I imagine that the Joker and Windigo campaigns have moved on quite a bit since I left. So if somepony could give me a brief summary of what I've missed since then, I'd greatly appreciate that.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

About my Absence Empty Re: About my Absence

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Almost absolutely nothing has happened in Jokers for a while actually.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Ramsus wrote:Almost absolutely nothing has happened in Jokers for a while actually.

So I see. Kind of abnormal, but then again, Xel does seem to be in a bit of a creative slump right now. Makes it easier to catch up, though, for which I'm grateful.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 pm

I hope things are going okay for you now, sir.

Stay frosty.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Sorry to hear about the grades WoMF.
As someone who has had repeat finals for much of the same reasons (poor time management etc.) I wish ye the best of luck.
DG is the campaign I've enjoyed the most so far, so I'm sorry to see it go on hiatus, but hey, RL comes first.
Happy new year, keep learning and keep cool ^^

And don't post while tipsy.
That one is meant for me
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Grades take priority over games Smile Do your best, and Happy New Year.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 am

Let me add to what Belle said; Pony Tales games trump video games. Razz
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:48 am

I agree that eight players in one campaign probably contributed to the Evil campaign's unfortunate demise; it made it too difficult to keep the game moving when everyone had to wait for each PC to respond to every event and post. The idea of a campaign of epic malevolence is one that still excites me, however, and I would probably GM my own campaign if I knew how or had the time.
I'm sorry to hear about your poor grades, TWoMF, and that you will no longer be able to be our Faust. I'm glad that you're putting school first, though, and I will of course always appreciate the encouragement you've given me when it comes to my writing. Hope you have a good spring semester.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Would it be rude to assume that similar reasons are the reason of your at time of posting current absence?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum