Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A

+4
The Warrior of Many Faces
Appkes
Grey Pen The Flawed
The Random Numbers God
8 posters

Go down

The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A Empty The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A

Post  The Random Numbers God Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Greetings, puny mortals! Friends and enemies all!

Long have I watched over you faithful gamers, providing my Infallible Truths through the miracle of polyhedrals! For centuries I have made rich men into beggars, poor men into philathropists, and clerics into corpses, as is my right and duty to do so!

But there are those among you who have resisted! You have ignored the decrees of your dice, giving in to the evils of Fudge! Some have even gone so far as to skip rolling the dice! Atrocious!

And so, in my infinite justice, I shall visit upon you the greatest horror known to roleplayers...

THE NEVER ENDING DUNGEON!

...*cough cough* Blech, I hate that voice!

Anyways, you as a player have 3 very simple goals to accomplish:

1) Get to level 10!

Everyone starts at Level 1. When you die (and you will) you are booted from the game, someone else comes in (at Level 1, of course), and whoever's left argues over your stuff.

When you hit Level 11 (that is, 1000 experience past Level 10) you are still booted from the game, someone else still comes in (at Level 1, of course)... BUUUT, if you should make a new character, your stuff goes to the new character!

What stuff, you ask? That brings us to Goal Number Two...

2) Get the Treasure!

That's right, we're using Items here. A new character starts out with 3000 Gold to spend, just so that they have SOME stuff to start with.

After that, you'll have to earn it. Every room has a chance for extra Bits or a cool item, depending on how well you perform. Periodically there will also be Vending Machines where you can buy, sell, and trade your stuff.

If you die, then all your stuff just gets left on the ground... everyone who's left argues over who gets what. Yes, I have a method of settling disputes. It involves dice.

Have too much stuff? Don't know what to do with it all? If you can find a Vending Machine, you can trade 5000 Gold for 1000 Experience, AS LONG AS YOU'RE BELOW LEVEL 10. You have to EARN the last 1000.

Goal Number 3:

3) DON'T DIE.

....Duh.

Yes, this means there will be combat (probably) but there will also be puzzles and utility challenges (probably) for you to pit yourself against.

Except for those things outlined in the Rulebook, ANYTHING GOES. Just because it's a combat encounter, doesn't mean you have to fight it the normal way (or, heaven forbid, at all.) Use your imagination to get out of sticky situations! Use your abilities to the utmost! You're gonna need 'em.

Now! There's one, little, itty, bitty twist you should be aware of...

You Don't Pick Your Character.

What that means is everyone else is submitting character sheets, and when you sign up (and you will) one will be assigned to you, AT RANDOM.

The ONLY sure-fire condition is that the sheet you get WON'T BE MADE BY YOU. Beyond that, you could be darn near ANYTHING.

If you wish to submit a character sheet for usage here, please! PRIVATE MESSAGE IT. The only one who can see all of them is me that way. Same deal with any monsters or puzzles you'd like to suggest.

The party will consist of no more than 5 players at a time. First come, first serve, with a (slight) bias towards new players. A repeat player must wait four more spaces down than normal; meaning, at least four new players must come in and out before he can play a second time.

Any questions? Any daring players! Post below or PM me!

The Current Party
- The Warrior Of Many Faces
- elfowlgirl
- Curunir
- SilentBelle

The Queue

- Appkes ???
- Grey Pen (eventually)

Last edited by The Random Numbers God on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am; edited 4 times in total

The Random Numbers God
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A Empty Re: The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm interested in playing.

Also have about a metric ton of character sheets...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A Empty Re: The Random Numbers Challenge - OOC, Sign Up, And Q&A

Post  Appkes Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 pm

While this looks like a really fun challenge, how long would you say the average life expectancy is? I'm up to my game limit already, but if I'd only be playing a short time, I could do it.

Whichever way, I'm happy and willing to provide monsters/traps for your consideration.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Random Numbers God Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

I dunno... it depends on how slow/stupid/suicidal you are, and how much I like you.

I could give you a Death Sentence though; meaning, if you're not dead within so long (however long you wanted) I would begin actively trying to kill you. Shall I put you on the list?

If not (or so) I'd appreciate the monsters and traps! PM me and I'll review them. Clever design is admittedly one of my weak points, so any help there would be appreciated!

The Random Numbers God
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Might as well submit a character sheet. This looks interesting. Smile

You should be getting a PM shortly, RNG. Or the man behind the curtain, who I'll reveal unless Candle Jack grabs m-.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 am

I am totally doing this and have a great character for it.

I do have to ask the question, however, what happens if we draw our own character?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Random Numbers God Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 am

WOMF: Added you to the party.

Womf and Elf: BUT, while I appreciate an extra character, you don't get to keep it...

The biggest challenge here is playing a character you didn't build. So, while you can submit a sheet, you are the only person who CAN'T use it.

The Random Numbers God
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 am

I most certainly desire to participate in this! All hail the Random Numbers God!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Random Numbers God Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:52 am

Okie Dokie Lokie!

Adding Curunir and Elfy here momentarily.

If I can get confirmation from Womf and Appkes that they do in deed wish to play, I do believe we could start before too long!

Off to bed now. Even Minor Deities need their rest... *yawn*

The Random Numbers God
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 am

I be playing! :3
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:33 am

Sounds like fun. I'll play too!
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  The Random Numbers God Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

Adding you to the Party. Moving Appkes off the party and on to the Queue, as he is not yet certain if he wants to play.

I need to get some Google Docs work done, and then we can BEGIN!

SilentBelle wrote:Ooh, I'm a fan of puzzles. If I had more spare time, I'd help with puzzles. I'll have lots of spare time come March though Very Happy

The least you can do is send me ideas. Ideas are always good!

If you're getting time off to do this in March... that's actually very convenient! Because I'm (probably) going to be rather busy right around then. And would therefore just love to be able to pass this off to someone else for a bit.

The Random Numbers God
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

The Random Numbers God wrote:Adding you to the Party. Moving Appkes off the party and on to the Queue, as he is not yet certain if he wants to play.

I need to get some Google Docs work done, and then we can BEGIN!

SilentBelle wrote:Ooh, I'm a fan of puzzles. If I had more spare time, I'd help with puzzles. I'll have lots of spare time come March though Very Happy

The least you can do is send me ideas. Ideas are always good!

If you're getting time off to do this in March... that's actually very convenient! Because I'm (probably) going to be rather busy right around then. And would therefore just love to be able to pass this off to someone else for a bit.

Sure, sounds good Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 pm

I don't want to be annoying (or pushy), but any word on when/if we're starting?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm

I believe I would also like a spot in this/in the queue, whichever.

I do not immediately have time to make a character sheet (or possibly more than one???) but shall attempt to rectify such before game starts and/or I am actually put in the game.

I shall attempt to make the most interesting and incredibly-statworthy character I can! (And fail.)
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 pm

So do you want us to submit characters? And should they have preset personalities or preset goals/ambitions for us to roleplay as we head on through the dungeons?
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum