Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement

+28
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
Dusk Raven
Appkes
Doc pseudopolis
century6
Oblivious
Azureink
elfowlgirl
XandZero2
Brony 7 of 9
Curunir
LoganAura
Greywander
Nehiel Mori
Jason Shadow
Videocrazy
Zarhon
Hayatecooper
SilentBelle
Cainx13
Ranubis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lyntermas
Caden2112
Grey Pen The Flawed
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement

Post  Azureink Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:33 am

Someone should send the updated news to Newbiespud before he accidentally puts something in his next comic about Kari.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement

Post  century6 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 am

Azureink wrote:Someone should send the updated news to Newbiespud before he accidentally puts something in his next comic about Kari.

I'll email him.

century6
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 am

Oh, thank God.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 am

Deo Gratias!

Hay! Maybe she'll deign to play a game on the forums with us!

Or maybe not...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranubis Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 pm

This is fantastic news! I look forward to seeing her again, as I'm sure all of us do.
Ranubis
Ranubis

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Wow, I'm so grateful. I hope we get to see her again sometime soon and wish her well.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:00 pm

I don't know much about her and I don't know what her life is like, but I want her to know how much she is loved and how much she would be missed. I'm glad she's alive, and I hope she recovers in her own time.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh... oh, thank goodness... This is just... wow. I can't properly express how glad I am that she got this second chance. Here's hoping that her situation improves from here on out.
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:37 pm

*happy dance mode go!*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Jason Shadow wrote:Oh... oh, thank goodness... This is just... wow. I can't properly express how glad I am that she got this second chance. Here's hoping that her situation improves from here on out.
Aye. Agreed.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm

If words could not express my earlier sadness, neither can they express how happy I am to hear that she survived and is recovering. This is nothing short of a miracle.

Now I feel a little silly about drawing that picture in tribute to her. But it's a good, glad-to-be-wrong kind of silly.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I am so grateful to whatever forces may shape fate that she was lucky enough to get this second chance. I hope, and believe we all hope, that she goes on to make the best use of it, and help herself to remain such a wonderful, amazing person.

-Best Wishes.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Now I get a chance to know her better then the one time I talked to her in chat. This pleases me greatly as Dan has only told me amazing things.

I mean, she made Gather Energy; she has to be a badass.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Er, Dan and Zarhon, and anyone else who's reposted Zaina's message, you should probably remove her phone number from the message. That sort of information shouldn't really be posted in a public place where any internet user can find it, not without Zaina's permission, at least.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Completely forgot that was even in the message! Fixed.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 am

So, I only just got around to reading this announcement.

My reaction to the initial italicized paragraph was... well, let me put it this way, it was as though something had plunged its talons into my chest and crushed my heart.

But I kept reading, knowing the title hinted at optimism, and am extremely glad to know that she'll be all right... at least physically. Hopefully she'll be feeling better emotionally as well.

...I'm a little puzzled at my own reaction. I didn't even know her personally, but I'd recognized her name from the Friendship is Dragons comments, and... I don't know. I guess she left quite a memory, or maybe I'm more attached to people from FiD than I know.

Maybe it was just the part about suicide.

But either way, strangely enough... this just makes me want to get to know the people on here better. Including her.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

You know, it's a morbid fear, I know, but every time someone stops posting for a long time on a forum, I wonder if they might have died. With internet interactions, you never know what's going on on the other end of the chat. Someone could drop dead over their labtop, and you'd never hear from them again. Also, you never know what kind of hardships the other person is going through.

So hearing about Karilyn was kind of the first time my fear finally seemed founded - and I'm glad to hear that she's okay.

Like everyone else, I hope that she uses this second chance wisely - and maybe with any luck, this thread will show her that a LOT of people care about her and wish her well. Even near-complete strangers on this forum have been touched by her in some way or another.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:...I'm a little puzzled at my own reaction. I didn't even know her personally, but I'd recognized her name from the Friendship is Dragons comments, and... I don't know. I guess she left quite a memory, or maybe I'm more attached to people from FiD than I know.

I thought my own reaction was strange, too, given that I didn't know her too well. I mean, obviously, it's sad when someone dies, but I was not expecting to be touched so deeply by this. I have a theory about why I felt this way, though. Spoilered for length.
Spoiler:

Re: Not understanding suicide, does anyone know what state she's in right now? Particularly emotionally? I'm wondering if we should make her some sort of "get well soon" card, but I'm not certain if that would be appropriate just now. Usually when someone has a close brush with death, they're happy to be alive and looking forward to getting back to their life, but this isn't exactly a typical case, and I'm not sure how to handle it.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Greywander wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:...I'm a little puzzled at my own reaction. I didn't even know her personally, but I'd recognized her name from the Friendship is Dragons comments, and... I don't know. I guess she left quite a memory, or maybe I'm more attached to people from FiD than I know.

I thought my own reaction was strange, too, given that I didn't know her too well. I mean, obviously, it's sad when someone dies, but I was not expecting to be touched so deeply by this. I have a theory about why I felt this way, though. Spoilered for length.
Spoiler:

Re: Not understanding suicide, does anyone know what state she's in right now? Particularly emotionally? I'm wondering if we should make her some sort of "get well soon" card, but I'm not certain if that would be appropriate just now. Usually when someone has a close brush with death, they're happy to be alive and looking forward to getting back to their life, but this isn't exactly a typical case, and I'm not sure how to handle it.

I think it would be a good idea for her to see this particular thread actually, just to know that we are all thinking about her and wish her well. Just to know that there are many people out there that think she's a wonderful person. I hope she also can see that we are all willing to talk to her and lend her support, she could send any of us a PM to share her thoughts and not feel bad about it.

I hope we see her soon.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 am

May all the aid they require be granted. My own religious views or lack thereof aside, I hope those here who are in more casual contact get to chat again with her soon. Dying sucks, eh? I'd prefer most folks try to avoid it, there's usually a third option, but the experiencer won't always see it.

Some attempters I've known have become reclusive for a while after. Try to offer a caring hand, though, let 'em know you're there.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm

I saw this thread late, as I can be fairly singleminded in the way I view the forums, just visiting certain threads to the exclusion of others. Anyway I'm glad Karilyn's okay.

I don't know if she's clinically depressed, but if she is, I hope she's getting the medication for it.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Karilyn Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm

The Short Version:

I'm not dead.  I was on a new anti-depressant which gave me suicidal delusions, and caused me to attempt to overdose. I was in a coma for over 24 hours, and I was lucky to survive.  I'm sorry everypony for the tears I caused to be shed.

The Extremely Long Version (As only The Illustrious Inky Quills can write):
I'm sorry for the people I worried, and I am sorry for the tears I caused to be shed. I have been shaking all evening, out of fear over my close brush with death. I hope people can forgive my suicide attempt, and I will quietly resume my quiet background administration of this forum, unseen by the eyes of the populace.

EDIT:

You have no idea how much that made me cry. Thank you.

Last edited by Karilyn on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 pm

For those curious, there is apparently something that's known as Russian Lemon Soup. Google it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Karilyn! Of course we forgive you! We're just glad you're still with us. You make sure to take care of yourself, okay? We're all here for you if you need anything, so please, don't hesitate to ask. I'd give you a hug if I could over the internet.

Karilyn wrote:
You have no idea how much that made me cry. Thank you.
Just because I don't know you too well doesn't mean I don't still care about you. 'Scuse me, I've got something in my eye.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 pm

You have nothing to be sorry about Karilyn, we're just all relieved that you are okay. Welcome back Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next