Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mare in the Moon OOC

+7
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
Ramsus
Brony 7 of 9
Paper Shadow
Pingcode
LoganAura
11 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Mare in the Moon OOC Empty The Mare in the Moon OOC

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am

Note: this is essentially a Lunaverse, Rainbowverse, or the like. Taking characters and placing them into situations along the lines of the episodes in the show (note I'm saying along and not replacing.)

What I need
1.) Characters that fall under different Elements of Harmony
2.) ORIGINAL characters. I'd prefer it if the characters are created just for this rather than being used from other games. I actually will check this out. You can't do a character reminiscent of any of the Mane 6, even if they're similar in a way. You can have a weather pony or a racer like Rainbow Dash, but you can't do one with her sort of wants and desires.
3.) A rather in depth backstory, admittedly. I want to explore them in different "Episodes" revolving around the characters.
4.) I will have a NPC that's going to be the "Summer Sun Celebration Overseer" but bluntly put, they're not going to be important unless you guys like them.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

TENTATIVE CHARACTER LIST AS OF THIS MOMENT IN TIME
1.) Lightfoot, the Defender of Ponyville: Element of Loyalty. Overseer visits him to make sure that the protection of ponyville is underway.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n9ILvytnfkMyH8MgP5VF07rIoFy0TATLxCw7bHMpj9Q/edit
Player: 7of9
2.) Colter Bolt, the Weatherpony: Element of Magic. Overseer speaks with him to make sure the weather is good, as Rainbow Dash is lazy.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o9qIxiSSzmpWVSJ5IgCzT2sDyzHKLx1jpc4WXTVsab0/edit
Player: Colter Bolt
3.) Zahra, the Doctoral Unicorn. Element of Kindness Overseer visits her to learn about the myth.

Player: Pingcode
4.) Coppertop Element of Generosity Overseer meets him to check the pyrotechnic displays.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-7fbtYUx2o0YDNk4WrO-xkMnJ_574iRS8OtxfbjyUzk/edit
Player: Z2
5.) Science! Element of Laughter Overseer meets her to see how the mechanisms for the confetti cannon other such things are working.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13xsG8ipLYl2UoSyD7OK1BIj6JSdIXfaV663R2IAmv9Y/edit
Player:Paper Shadow
6.) Wormwood Element of Honesty Overseer meets him to see how some of the animals for grand reveal of Celestia are doing.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KB7Nj_Lw-lOIa460rA3m5TMPdAucC1wXLA1zKgzda-Q/edit
Player: Dusk Raven

Last edited by LoganAura on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Mare in the Moon OOC Empty Re: The Mare in the Moon OOC

Post  Pingcode Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 am

Okay, couple of immediate questions:

1. Preferred PC age band? So young adult ala poney? Older? Younger?
2. Immediate Setting? Not-Ponyville? Not-Manehattan? Not-Canterlot? Not-Appleoosa?
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 am

Prefered Age would be 22-equivilant. Getting started in Ponyville (Setting) and possibly, if a few years older, settled for a bit.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 am

You have my attention...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:18 am

Paper Firebat wrote:You got my attention...
_________________/
The Mare in the Moon OOC ZLMDXmG
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 am

Quick question; how familiar will our characters be before the campaign's start? I mean, I doubt that our characters will all know each other very well beforehand, but will we know about the other characters (as in their names and what they do for a living), and will pre-campaign friendships be allowed between two characters if the players agree to it, or will we all not know each other at the start and then team up for whatever reason?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Well, since this is sort of like a redone MLP...

You can have pre-existing friendships (A la Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy), and more than likely you all would be at the very least familiar with one another, though I doubt any of you would be too close before the game stars.

If you don't mind the trope, I sort of intend for the party to be a group of "Fire Forged Friends" after the events of the "First Scenario". (I'm borrowing your idea of different 'episodes')

Oh! Should probably mention. This is NOT going to be a perfect Parallel to MLP FiM. So no Element of Magic becoming a princess Alicorn. That's still Twilight's destiny.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm kind of interested in this - will it be a Skype campaign or play by post?
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 pm

It'll be play by post. I do NOT have the time with work to have another skype game until the fall rolls around.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Cool. I'll be working on a character for this sometime soon.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Well this seems like a neat concept, too bad it's not being run by someone who would let me play.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 pm

A redone FiM, huh... well, I'm certainly interested, though I'm not sure I have the writing talent or the muse to give this justice. Question, what role will the Mane Six have?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Ramsus, it isn't a personal reason why I wouldn't let you play, your playstyle isn't one that I work well with. You like being powerful, and feeling like that all the time. I prefer my whole party to feel powerful and weak at different times. Weak, so the strong moments are more pronounced.

The main 6 would be devolved to background ponies, with a sort of side focus. Like, Rarity's still going to try to be a fashionista, Pinkie'll still throw parties, AJ's still helping out at the farm, Fluttershy's still caring for animals, Dash's still aiming to be a wonderbolt, and Twilight's still a student of Celestia.

However, they'll be going through different things themselves due to the whole "Twi's not being sent to ponyville for the summer sun celebration so the whole start of the series is sort of shot."

Admittedly, she /will/ be in ponyville... After the first subsession, and her friendships with the other main 6 MAY be reexplored in sort of subplots, like "Green isn't your color" if one of the party members ends up being chosen for a fashion shoot, they'd see Fluttershy and Rarity, the former still extremely nervous and the latter comforting her.

TL;DR the mane six will be a gradual friendship rather than fire forged friends like in the show, and only in the background unless I can't do an episode without involving them.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Interesting....
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:11 pm

LoganAura wrote:Ramsus, it isn't a personal reason why I wouldn't let you play, your playstyle isn't one that I work well with. You like being powerful, and feeling like that all the time. I prefer my whole party to feel powerful and weak at different times. Weak, so the strong moments are more pronounced.
That's really just not true. Please stop making assertions about me when you never put in the effort to understand me. Also, I simply call bs on it not being personal. Last I checked you approved in Ping's stance to have no desire to resolve conflicts with other people and encouraged others to insult me even after I expressed my desire for them to stop and kicked me out of a game for my doing so. That's just bias through and through and there's no excuse for it. Stop taking every opportunity you can to insult me and take a little more time to reflect upon yourself.

It also doesn't matter what your excuse is for not letting me play, my comment was valid. I merely was expressing my interest in the idea in the hopes that perhaps someone else would run something similar. I wasn't inviting you to attack me or trying to create drama. Considering the GM and the people who have expressed interest I wouldn't have signed up anyway as, unlike certain people, I possess some integrity.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Well, I've been looking forward to a campaign like this since I joined, and made my first character for it just in case it happened. I've been waiting to use this character for so long.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:27 pm

My apologies if I accidentally offended you Ramsus, I was simply making a comment regarding the "Elemental weaknesses and strengths" from the other game, where you were fond of being able to remove all weaknesses and against the idea of getting more to be stronger in another place (Unless I am mistaken.). Again, I'm sorry for making a mistake.
However: I didn't encourage anyone to insult you (Quite the opposite really, especially after I had calmed down.). I don't mean to insult you. I removed you from the game because you had insinuated something that was, bluntly put, terrible-even as a joke. I didn't take that as an attack, and I don't see what I wrote as an attack on you. Again. I'm sorry for inadvertently offending you.

Now then, So Ping, 7of9, Dusk, Paper, Deonte (Though you just said "Interesting" and not "I'm interested.), and Colter makes 6. I'll keep it open, in case some others have characters I prefer, while waiting for the backstories.

Last edited by LoganAura on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:35 pm

You are mistaken. I favored people being able to choose between having less weaknesses or more strengths rather than being denied the prior option simply because the later style suited some people's personal tastes. I'm not sure what insinuation you're talking about but, this is hardly the place. You can feel free to tell me over skype.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:37 pm

My apologies. You should recall what the insinuation was, though.

Now, I'm going to be working on the NPC for a bit I might not be able to answer questions as readily.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Okay, here's my first draft of Lightfoot, Element of Loyalty. Let me know if you want me to expand on his backstory.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Two Pegasi with loyalty and a defender-based combat system.... I'm off to edit then.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm aiming for Honesty or Kindness, myself... thankfully, race isn't particularly important to me.

Hmm, I suppose the Mane Six being regulated to background pony status means they won't have quite the influence they do in the show? Or am I wrong?

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Let's all make Pegasi with Loyalty and a Defender-based combat system!

On that note, we should probably say what we are currently building, so we don't end up with multiple copies of similar characters. I'm currently building a Mechanics character, aiming for Magic or Laughter, with the stuff you'd expect from a Mechanics character (namely Create Crazy Contraption), so if that messes up anyone else's plans, speak now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Well, I'm probably going to be making a... I dunno, I'm going with something nature based, lots of woodman skills. Not sure about race or gender, probably male earth pony. Hmm, should we be aiming for the same racial proportions that there are in the show? (Gender ratio's probably going to be a lost cause, heh)
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:Two Pegasi with loyalty and a defender-based combat system.... I'm off to edit then.
Whoops, sorry about that. If you'd prefer doing the Defender Loyalty Pegasus, I could make a Magic or Laughter (depending on which one Paper Shadow wants) Unicorn focusing on Spellcraft or something.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next