Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Multiattack Nerfs

+6
Nehiel Mori
Stairc -Dan Felder
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thoughts on Multiattack Nerfs - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on Multiattack Nerfs

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 am

I think what I'd really like to see are more -4's to -6's.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:57 am

Ramsus wrote:I think what I'd really like to see are more -4's to -6's.
Noted
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:02 am

Well the part about Nukes "suffering more" from status effects is flat out untrue. A nuke, plain and simple, has to build pips and not die until its ready to ignite, and considering there are a lot of defensive and healing +pip actions that can keep you going, that's not exactly hard. One or two turns spent making other necessary preps, and you can basically sit the whole time healing yourself until you have enough pips, and still put out the major damage (more turns, maybe, but end result is the same). Any multiattack build that runs consistant damage has to, at minimum, sacrifice defense during the turns its attacking, and most multiattack combos can be disrupted or completely shut down by stuns, dazing (especially dazing- they rely on a full complement of actions), domination, or in other cases lose out on that last series of hits because they took too much damage (from vulnerability and Ongoing damage, probably) and ko'd. Even if they're healed, they have to start building form 0 pips, so they can't get back to their strategy right away, if at all.

I know this, because I've run both types. I had a multiattack that did a really good amount of damage (aka OP), but I never got to use it to full effect because it would get shut down halfway through, either through daze/stun or because I had to swap strategies. Right now I have a nuke that, agreed, does far less damage (its only turn 2 though), but works every time, because I only NEED that single standard action to set it off. The only real threat to serious nuke builds are interrupts, since that'll cancel out most, if not all of it on one go, whereas the multiattack will lose out much less (depending on when its used).

And both these builds are an equal level of more effective the more chances they get to build pips or output damage, i.e. extra actions per turn. But the Nuke doesn't need the attack, and the multiattack does. So yeah between the two you did even the sale a bit, but thats an example of what I said before- don't get carried away, or you'll go too far.

Last edited by Bronymous on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 am

Oh, joy, you've already put this into effect... Posting anyway:

Thought's on Multiattack Nerfs -
First thought: Oh, goody, this again.
Second thought: Oh, these specific things actually look okay

The prevailing sentiment seems to be that 'things' in general could use some buffs, and I'd agree with this... I can't think of any major improvements to existing moves at the moment, but I'll see about providing some later.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2