Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign

+5
Quietkal
Paper Shadow
Drago765
Ramsus
SubjectZ
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign Empty Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Howdy everyone, my name's SubjectZ, and I'm looking for 3-5 players for an as-of-yet untitled campaign I'm planning on running. I am a first-time GM, so be prepared for minor tweaks and such. The campaign will be a slice-of-life style one, but that doesn't mean combat will be non-existent. We will be using the Genetic Engineering Template, as well as the Talent Specialization mod. I do not have a pre-made town, so I'll be open to player and non-player suggestions. I'm also open to any non-official talents, boons, or destinies, barring approval of course. Also of note, Parodies and expies are fine with me, as long as they are creative. I look forward to meeting all of my players, so if this interests you, please feel free to let me know. Thanks, and happy trails!

Last edited by SubjectZ on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign Empty Re: Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 pm

So, these are my initial ideas: Ponyforged (that's just my name for robot ponies, I'm thinking maybe a Geth style looking thing? Though then someone should really play as an electric sheep. =P ), Sea Pegasus (basically flying fish version of a sea pony... except flying fish don't actually fly and this would), an earth pony thief that inexplicably steals things they shouldn't be able to (like the weather and thoughts), or possibly a cloud wrangler earth pony.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign Empty Re: Sign-up and OOC for SubjectZ's Slice of Night Campaign

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I like the concepts of the last two, the first two seem just a bit outlandish for the game. Way to think outside of the box though!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Sounds like it might be fun! I'm in!
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm gonna go with a cloud wrangler/smith since Sub is allowing me to use some of my old Cloud Golem Utilities from Xel's Jokers campaign.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:15 pm

That's great! Any character ideas, Drago?
Also, sounds good, Ramsus.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Question; How Slice-of-Life will this campaign be?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, it will be a bit similar to the style of MLP;FiM, if I had to make a comparison, though not as disconnected and episodic.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 pm

I was thinking about creating a baby dragon character, and I'll probably go with some rogue/bard like abilities.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 pm

That could be nice. Something I forgot to mention, your characters will need some semblance of jobs in the town, and a place of residence, even a cardboard box, wouldn't hurt. But that can all be handled at a later time.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Posting interest!
I've got a nice little earth pony doll maker who's been saved for such an occasion as this.
Can't link to her from where I am, but will do so as soon as possible. Linked!
Heartfelt, Doll Maker

Last edited by Quietkal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link!)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Sounds neat! Glad to welcome you, Quietkal.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 am

I just got an idea for an OC. If you have ever watched Community, I would like to do Pearce. Grumpy old man always scheming with a hint of evil but really just wants friends.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:05 am

Can't say i've ever seen community, but that'd be great for slice of life, I look forward to seeing a character sheet.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 am

The "old man" part might be a bit weird *shrug*. Admittedly, I've met teenagers who act like grumpy old men so, not like physical age has to be tied to the concept.

Kal, I thought you were too busy for games? Did something change?

Here's my character so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TzCS424nubn0CPM-OV7JlkzfMMOzeWCrx58EspQNOcU/edit#

I'm gonna leave the Element choice for later so I don't take one someone really wants. As long as I don't end up with Laughter I'll be fine (which should be kinda impossible with 6 elements and 5 players).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 am

I realize most of my Pbp games have disappeared, so I'd like to submit Flashpoint(Placeholder, out of date combat specs. Will update on approval), who also has the advantage of having an SOL appropriate backstory and job- AND as an added bonus, if you don't have a setting quite yet, then I submit White Tail Junction, FPs hometown. If you do that, it comes with the added bonus of a number of fully fleshed out NPC townsponies you can use, found here. Description, personality, minor backstory, and professions included.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:31 am

You played that PC before Bronymous? Like, a lot? Or just a short while. Either way, is there anything particular interesting about this White Tail Junction? I figure either way, Sub could harvest the NPC ideas if he likes.

Kal, do you have to have your CM in Mechanics too? Cuz if both your and Bronymous' characters get in as in, I'm gonna be outclassed in the only two skills my character is good at.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:19 am

WTJ was just a town that became a thing in another game, and I ended up building it up, along with the npcs. There's no specific reason why we should start there, beyond teh npcs and FPs backstory, but there's no specific reason we shouldn't either.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 am

Well, I want to know if you won't drop out 2 months in, Quietkal, before I make any decisions.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:35 am

Personally, I'm kinda in favor of us making our own town up for this (or at least using one that hasn't been done around here so far). That said, Mertropolis is probably out of the question, considering I was denied playing a type of seapony.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:40 am

I guess it's up to a vote then, who wants to use White Tail city, and who wants to make a new one?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:44 am

You might want to hold off on votes till you settle on players. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:31 am

Right, this is what I have so far. Entirely open to suggestions.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:25 am

I'd like to join in too, if there's a slot.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:04 am

I've decided my character will be female and am having a ton of trouble with a name. I figure it should have something to do with clouds and smithing related subject matter and preferably would be a name like Applejack or Fluttershy (since all my characters so far tend to be the other way). Going with Cast Ciruss for now. Considered Cloud Cast but, sounded like a weather reporter pony more than anything else.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next