Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

+14
LoganAura
Fluffy McSparkles
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
SparkImpulse
Clockeye
deonte9109
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
Xel Unknown
Lapis-Lazily
Ramsus
conantheghost
Copper Rose
18 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 16 Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Crystalite Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:The bolding of the pips was to show of that you did seem to intend to have 3 pips be spend with the warding...

I did. Re-doing the math all around was more for my own benefit.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 16 Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Quietkal wrote:Couple of things there, Clockeye.
If a talent says you do X to multiple creatures, you roll once for X and apply the result to ALL of the targeted creatures. Like how Xel did the Arcing Bolt in his last action.
Also, traditionally adjacency is determined by initiative, who's next to who there ignoring friendlies.
I don't know how copper's doing the fight though, so I suppose that they might all be adjacent which is a huge boon to anyone with 'and adjacents' talents.
Yeah... I for one was hoping that this was going to be a Multi-Target Solo Monster... Which I find the fact that we end up getting more enemies that are hinted to still be alive if we kill the main body... (which might or might not me just reading too much into what could be just flavor for why the monster's limbs get their own combat turn) I'm unsure what to take away from this add on...

On the roll thing... Totally got that right Clockeye seemed to be doing who knows what... Likely just assuming flavor for the adjacency listing here. Or what I assume is what happened.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon May 26, 2014 4:10 pm

I think he's making the same derp I did at the start of this campaign, but when I tried to talk to him about it via his brother his brother (and others in the same chat) said that he was right and we're all wrong Cheerilee Derp though I do wonder about the different rolls he made
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon May 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Adjacency's weird in the Skype system, without the board to back it up. You just need to make a decision on how it'll be implemented in the campaign (though we've been doing initiative adjacency thus far and I don't know why they think that's weird because most pbp AoH games seem to run that)
Are they actually multiple targets? Are they all the same creature with different parts just having different initiatives? (Relevant for secondary effects like weakened or ongoing)
If they are multiple targets how are they adjacent? By initiative list? They're all adjacent to the main body?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 26, 2014 7:46 pm

The only thing that matters most of the time has be the initiatives order... AND NOTHING ELSE... Which I don't say is how it should be done. But more I feel people just never tried to have a pre-planned out target-field for everyone to use... So whatever Copper says the targetable feed is ordered. Is how we'll play it in my opinion. Cause that's how we should do it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon May 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Quietkal wrote:Adjacency's weird in the Skype system, without the board to back it up. You just need to make a decision on how it'll be implemented in the campaign (though we've been doing initiative adjacency thus far and I don't know why they think that's weird because most pbp AoH games seem to run that)
Are they actually multiple targets? Are they all the same creature with different parts just having different initiatives? (Relevant for secondary effects like weakened or ongoing)
If they are multiple targets how are they adjacent? By initiative list? They're all adjacent to the main body?
Yeah, I'm just going to make things adjacent by the initiative list. It's how I learned to do combat, and it's the least confusing for what gets how much damage when certain things are used.

For effect purposes, each limb should be considered it's own creature (there are some weird intricacies because it's all attached to one creature, but those are all on my end. You don't have to worry about those) when attacking and doing your turn stuff.

Does this help clear stuff up?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon May 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Yes thank you
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Tue May 27, 2014 3:46 am

Ah okay, By the way, I rolled for each one because I forgot whether it was roll for each or one roll, so I added insurance. I'll edit my post.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Err... Maddie only has resist to her own attacks... Not enemy attacks.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue May 27, 2014 10:24 pm

All of Ghoul's allies have Resist 3 to Claw, Tentacle, and Hand until the end of his next turn. Or unless someone else challenges them but no one else has a trait that does that so it's not a problem just resist 3 of the damage on each of the attacks.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Kay... Maybe Copper should be sure to put what resists and penalies that are being factored and maybe where they be from.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue May 27, 2014 11:00 pm

She said that she didn't factor any penalties or resist or Vuln. She definitely needs to factor any penalties the creatures have though, that's on her side.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 27, 2014 11:11 pm

I misread copper's comment and junk... Derp.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Don't worry Xel, we're all Derps here. I even have my own special iDerp. All the music you put on it is played backwards and upside down.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed May 28, 2014 12:39 am

Only just now able to see the picture of what we're fighting.
I...It's so radically different from what I was expecting when I've done actions the last couple of turns. Like I expected something that looked like the Corpsejack Menace, not...Fluffle Puff with cartoon things sticking out of its fluff.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:49 am

Question.

Did that scream attack affect the Star Pony I just summoned? Because if it didn't, he can react to it and save someone a lot of trouble.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Unfortunately I didn't weaken or attack the main body, so I think everybody'll take the full damage unless you have natural Resist from Items/Traits. Sorry :/
Claw deals -2 damage on attacks from Runeheart's Mindfray this round, so Sugar and Runeheart take 0 damage from the scratch. Ghoul takes 1, but he has Resist 1 so w/e.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:06 pm

After this fight can I switch out some of my ATK moves?
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Sure
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:21 am

Thx
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:28 am

I know I'm making a change post-fight... Cause really... I can't belive I got myself of all things Friendly Fire (5 resist to self & friends for my attacks)... AND DIDN'T HAVE THUNDERSTORM (deal half of 2d10 damage to  a random target for each pip spent) ON MY BUILD! Also don't have the Wild Lightning special too... Cuase those would have it make sense... Hell if I take frenzy it'd be a lot more logical... In fact I likely will take that talent too! (not changing my special though)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16