Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Whom It May Concern

3 posters

Go down

To Whom It May Concern Empty To Whom It May Concern

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:24 am

Some of you may be aware of this and some may not but, I felt like I would make it official. I'm leaving this forum.

My main reason for doing this is not the ongoing drama I've had with the staff as some of you might initially leap to think. Rather, it is simply because I feel unwelcome here by a large number of people (yes, some of these are staff members). Some of you have been less than subtle about this and I've been told that there have been many complaints about me, which is something of a surprise as I've never felt myself to be an unapproachable person and feel that people could have just spoken to me directly about any issues they had. For whatever reason, many here chose not to and instead developed a dislike for me without trying to get to know me. In some cases this dislike is completely puzzling and in others less so. Regardless of each person's reasons, I feel as if it will just be painful for me to continue to be treated the way I have been here, especially after all the effort I've put in and all the contributions I've made to try and help craft something more enjoyable for everyone.

But, I didn't make this topic just to say that. I made it more for a few reasons. The above paragraph was mostly just to serve my own vanity, so that people would not claim my leaving was motivated by this or that less than flattering reason or behavior.

The second reason was to tell those people who do still want to game with me or such that a few existing games whose members value my contributions and/or companionship will be moving to the following forum made by Dr Blight. http://blackstarsanctuary.forumotion.com/
And I sincerely thank each and every one of you going through the effort involved in this task. (I can also be reached on Skype as Ramsusofthepants.)

The third reason is for those of you who feel so inclined to listen. In the future it would be kind and good of you to withhold judgement of those who disagree with you or appear to behave in a certain way or think certain things you find unflattering when you are not truly sure. Instead you could try and talk to others and try and work out differences with compassion and understanding, rather than with threats, a harsh slap, a sneer, or the like unpleasantness. You might find people's thoughts and motivations shockingly different than you had assumed and that problems are more easily or better resolved than you would otherwise have thought they could be.

~Ramsus
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

To Whom It May Concern Empty Re: To Whom It May Concern

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 am

Sorry to see you go Ramsus. You've got a great mind for game design and I wish you luck in your upcoming projects. If you ever want to bounce ideas off me or have a new suggestion for the system, I'd be happy to hear from you.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:35 pm

I would be more inclined to listen to the advice of the third reason if I hadn't seen you doing the same thing you're advising against so many times, Ramsus.

...*sigh*, that distasteful remark aside, I really am sad you don't feel welcome here anymore. I don't like pushing people away, and I know how terrible it feels to have a group of people you thought you were okay with spontaneously form some kind of...secret society of dislike behind your back (or something more dramatic) instead of simply telling you what problems they have with your behavior. It doesn't feel nice. So, yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Good luck, I guess.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum