Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

+4
Draco12387
maswoon
kajisora
Lapis-Lazily
8 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC - Page 27 Empty Re: Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

Post  Linear Analysis Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:02 pm

"Woolie.. As much as I appreciate the thought, I think we're all licking our wounds right now. We might've taken out another general, but... those mountains don't look welcoming. At least the mine was kind of obvious and looked well maintained. We could.. maybe.. get around if we make a massive side trek..."

Jonny sighs at the glow. Blue, green, red, was there even a yellow glow? What would that be for? 'Power to go to the bathroom?'
Roll:

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC - Page 27 Empty Re: Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

Post  kajisora Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Kaji stretches and gets up from the floor of the shed
"Aghhh... Damn floors... "
She walks out and hears the discussion going on.
"Well, can't we just follow along the mountains and look for a path as we go? It's roughly in the right direction, and I don't see any real reason why we would have to cross here."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:49 pm

"Aw, I was looking forward to seeing whether or not Lagann could drill like it did in the anime," Sarah says, taking count of the people who were awake, noting only DerouX and Thalia still asleep. You know what, fine by her. "We're gonna drill! We'll pierce the heavens with this drill!" she shouts, before realizing she had no idea how to operate the drilling capacities of Lagann. Sarah sighs, and then nods. "Flying over would probably work, but we should look into whatever the 'secret' thing that nerd had behind that firewall."

Instant Party:
maswoon
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 pm

"I won't say I'm not curious as to what exactly is in that tunnel that needed guarding, but do we actually have a means of excavating in? Your Lagann might go a long way in digging, but I don't fancy the tunnel collapsing behind us."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 pm

"Speaking of collapsing, I'm amazed we managed to get out again with nothing going wrong. I'm hardly the most athletic person around."

Jonny shakes his head.

"And whatever secret is down there... I somehow doubt that firewall is going down easy. I made a try at opening it on the way out, nothing. Of course, I'm still not exactly sure... HOW to do things right now, so that might've been part of the problem.

"Still, if you want to try using.. Lah-gann for tunneling, I guess there's worse ideas. We could probably break down the shack for some wood struts. Not sure how well they'd hold up, though."

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Woolie narrowed his violet eyes. "Wimps," he told the general vicinity, green glow slowly fading. "None of you know how to react properly to a rousing speech. At all. At all." He shook his head. "You know, sometimes, I don't know why I bother! Oy. Least we've got her, huh? I for one would love to see what this baby can do." He patted the robot on its side, leaving it ambiguous whether he was referring to Sarah or Lagann. Probably not on purpose though.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:58 pm

DerouX wakes up, feeling unusually hyped by the green glow from Woolie. "You know what Woolie? I don't think we're going to need to go over." DerouX says, summoning a drilling mech suit. "We're going through, and we're going to find out what was behind that firewall."

DerouX climbs in the mech, and begins to clear away the rubble blocking the tunnel.

Meta:
Draco12387
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:09 pm

"Or that works too!" Woolie smiled. "Awesome!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:10 pm

"Doesn't this just bring up the 'unstable' issue again? Ah well, if your magic robot can magically reinforce things, that's hopefully good enough."

Jonny shakes his head.

"And pardon our lack of enthusiasm Woolie. Whereas I had my freak out moment earlier, I think the rest of the party is running aground the slow grating on enthusiasm through external systems. Or more plainly, I think the lot of us are finding all this craziness a bit crazy."

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 pm

"But..." Woolie pouted. "But crazy is good, right?" The pout, probably fake, breaks into a smile. "Aw, come on, guys! Dude!" He pats a random acquaintance on their surprisingly broad shoulder. Haven't you ever wanted to go on an adventure before? Now's your chance!" He shrugs. "Of course things are gonna be a bit crazy every now and then, but you just...you just gotta keep going. 'Just keep swimming', you know?"

His eyes widen to almost an extreme, facial expression taking a turn for the seriousness on the groove of a bent dime. "Besides, if I'm not enthusiastic about this, I'll either give in to boredom, crack, or start doing crack, and I don't know which one it's gonna be."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:48 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"But..." Woolie pouted. "But crazy is good, right?" The pout, probably fake, breaks into a smile. "Aw, come on, guys! Dude!" He pats a random acquaintance on their surprisingly broad shoulder. Haven't you ever wanted to go on an adventure before? Now's your chance!"
"No problem with crazy. I just prefer to actually have a hand in creating it. This world is fascinating, but I'd enjoy exploring it a lot more if we weren't all stuck here."

"OY 'MOUX!" She yells over the sound of drilling.
"NEED A HAND?"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

As DerouX drills into the rubble, the cave continuously re-collapses upon his tunnels. The are seems fairly unstable from the lazah, and all the supports are obliterated.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:40 pm

"Well. At least it didn't fall down after you managed to dig partway in. Maybe we can find the tunnels from the other end if we get around the mountains?"

Jonny shrugged, getting to his feet.

"Or did we have other ideas to try?"

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:07 pm

"Alright, a slight modification, then." DerouX refabricates his drilling machine, it is now a giant cylindrilical tank with a drill on the end, with a capsule for the party to stay inside. "Everyone get in, let's get through this mountain!"

Meta:

Last edited by Draco12387 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Draco12387
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:21 pm

"This seems remarkably unsafe," Woolie remarked as he stepped inside the capsule.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Thalia, suddenly awake and outside, steps into the machine without comment.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 pm

"I have a bad feeling about this. Or it might just be my Meteoropathy flaring up again. But either way, I'd rather be with a bunch of crazies with a plan, than alone without any idea of what's going on.", Gus rants, and enters the capsule. "By the way, if anyone tries to sing that stupid bottle song, you're getting a dope slap."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:36 pm

The group piles in and the machine begins digging its way down back into the chamber you left. Once you arrive, you fin the chamber filled with rubble. But the firewall seems to be holding up. However, it's too dangerous for anyone to leave the machine.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:33 pm

"Hey, can this thing dig 'around' that big wall of fire? You know, like going through a window instead of a door, or a hole you break in the walls? Or should we just keep on trucking forward while we can?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:27 pm

"Doesn't hurt to try." DerouX manuvers the machine to be parallel to the firewall, then tunnels a bit further to see if the firewall extends into the wall of the rock.
Draco12387
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:26 pm

DerouX digs all around the firewall and notices that it encircles a room-sized area. This area must be the vault. However, it doesn't look like there's a way in through the firewall.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:34 pm

"Why don't we just use those weird patch things that held up the rubble on our way out to stabilize a passage to the firewall, then try to hack through it? I mean, come on, think about it, Internet, firewall, some of you are computer nerds. Most of you in fact. Obviously not the grumpy old geezer."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Kaji leans to the front of the machine, looking out.
"I seem to recall that guy saying there was a way through, something about a puzzle? He seemed to take his puzzles seriously, so there's probably a way through."

meta:
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Kaji manages to see a metal panel on the ground in what was the large cave area where they found the troll. If the cave could be stabilized in that area, someone might be able to open it.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Kaji points at the panel
"Over there, that's probably it. I'll hold up the ceiling, so let's have a look"

Meta:
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next