Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full]

+5
Linear Analysis
LoganAura
Zarhon
Curunir
Pingcode
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full] Empty Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full]

Post  Pingcode Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 am

Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding

The radio crackles away in the corner, the host droning on about the royal wedding as the cafe's patrons gossip about the arrival of the groom's sister and her friends from the country.

You find yourselves in a small, central Canterlot cafe, just on the side of the ever-bustling Sun Plaza Market. It's the day of the wedding, and the procession has just entered the royal palace. Perhaps you were just out watching the procession and you've retired to here to listen to the wedding on the radio, or perhaps you're here on business and just taking a break from the hubbub surrounding this whole royal wedding business, either way, today will be a day to remember.

And the wedding is only the beginning.

---

Welcome to Friendship is Wuxia! I've been meaning to start up this game for a while, with a few players who have been sitting there roped in for a while now.

So welcome to A Canter-Kong Wedding! I'm looking for anywhere between three and six characters for this campaign that will span time and space in a crosstime croup-kicking adventure!

Character Creation:
Characters should be 1st level, and should be from canon races that would be permitted in Canterlot during the Royal Wedding.

The Combat System will not be in use. Instead, the custom Mashu system (adapted from the Wushu open RPG) system will be used for combat.

Magecraft is unavailable. Instead, Arcana directly governs manipulation of your existing utility talents.

Afflictions are in play.

Mashu:

Players:
LoganAura - Uncle - Had a stint in Jackie Chan Adventures and Magic Duel.
Kenzamaka - La Viento - Plagued by questions of how he types with hooves, and whether he takes his mask off to sleep.
Conantheghost - Custard Marsh - Would probably have JRPG protagonist hair if he weren't a pony.
Curunir - Cast Dice - Wears four lucky horseshoes and once swallowed a loaded die.
Linear Analysis - Plowclaw - To his chagrin, the Bureau of Equestrian Names never has time for a griffon.
Lapis-Lazily - Whispersong - You'd be surprised how high a pony can jump when you neigh in their ear.

Last edited by Pingcode on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full] Empty Re: Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full]

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 am

I would be interested in this... I can come up with a character tomorrow.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full] Empty Re: Friendship is Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding [Full]

Post  Zarhon Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Is it a Skype game, or a PbP? And any chance of seeing who the "reserved" characters/players are (so people don't end up making overly similar / identical characters)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 pm

It'll be PbP, and I'm waiting for them to come in and actually claim their chairs. So far the concepts I've gotten are 'Uncle' from Jackie Chan Adventures and a pastry warrior (one-armed leather jacket optional).
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D61fABkmcga8lFvojI9QRy9wCZA--IsRlrHsLdRrE_g/edit?usp=drive_web

Speaking of uncle, here's a terribly formatted character sheet just to show what exactly I have. I'll work on the formatting.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:39 am

Ah, I should have asked whether it was PbP or Skype-  just kinda assumed it was PbP- it's generally pretty clear if it's skype (due to players having to know that they have to be availible at specific times.  Wrong of me to assume though.

Here's my character Cast Dice

Oh, and Logan, looks like Uncle's missing a Utility talent...
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 am

I got all five? Freaky Knowledge, Nightwatch, awesomeness, AJoAT (though I need to add the +1 to all my untraineds) and This is Whining.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 am

Aah, I didn't see AJoAT- kinda blended in with FK due to formatting.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:20 am

For the consideration of the Pingcode Society

Plowclaw

Last edited by Linear Analysis on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid linkcode getting all broke.)

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:13 am

Whoo! Finally finished my character for this game. For a Wushu(ish) game, I present a fully Wuxia character. Cliché background, amazing powers and hidden skill. I present:

Custumardie Marshal Pie
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Five players? Excellent. I'll be looking to get started at the end of this week, or once Kenzamaka has his sheet ready, whichever comes sooner.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenzamaka Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 am

How about both at once? I am here now, with my Luchador-Pegasus's sheet!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QNm9MbSTR3HdUkbBxf0msjUkbtyWBJVZj4uIbl9YQnY/edit

Procrastination status: over.
Kenzamaka
Kenzamaka
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:16 am

Thread is go!

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t777-my-little-wuxia-a-canter-kong-wedding

Post soon, because this rare moment of quiet won't last.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Curunir, Linear Analysis, do you have Skype?
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 am

Nope, but I did just today get my hands on a functioning headset/mic. Unfortunately, anything loud at night would likely be frowned upon. So I might be rather fluttershy if we do Skype.

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 am

Skype also has an instant messaging mode. Basically a faster way to talk to everyone.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:10 am

Most likely it'll just be using it as an OOC chatroom, so no worries there.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:01 am

Yes, I suppose I do. Took me a moment to find it, haven't used it in a while, and had to get the password reset.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:06 am

Signed up, downloading, should be ready by the time winter arrives.

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 am

Question: How would these work (or not) in this system of combat?

Predestined:
- My rolls for that are 12, 16, and 2 by the way. Also put that on my character sheet

Reliability:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:17 am

Same question kind of applies for my Generosity.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:18 am

That's a good question too.

Which leads me to also wondering about assisting others (either making their attack easier, such as distracting an opponent, or defending others- like Dice trying to convince the crowd to find cover)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:26 am

Yo Curu? No complaints about the mimicry. At all.

And no this isn't really an idea to help Uncle act more like Uncle from Jackie chan by being a Sifu/Shifu.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:59 am

Generosity and Predestined work in combat.

As far as helping others - with other PCs I'll roll with +5 to either offence or defence actions for the round. For helping the NPCs... nothing immediate in this combat, since there's few enough opponents that you can draw the attention of all of them yourselves, but hey, getting them to bunker down might just work out in your favour a little down the line.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:33 am

Noticing that there is still an open slot, I would like to submit Whispersong to perhaps come crashing into this fight in not so graceful fashion.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum