Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP)

+4
mjh6
Paper Shadow
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP)

Post  Anime_stickman Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:01 am

I am planing on, also probably auditioning .
 but i still need to finalize my character sheet
this is what i have at the moment before back story(let me know if any changes are needed

Anime_stickman
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP)

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 am

I may take one more player. Impress me and we'll see.

@Stickman: That sheet would be easier to look at if it weren't private. Go to the "Share" option, and set it so anyone with the link can view.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Anime_stickman Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm

oops, sorry fixed.
Finished the back story and such.

Anime_stickman
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 am

Crash Mat "PI" the wannabe detective/punching bag/tank/acrobat.
May change the combat build to one that is a combination of sentinel and barbarian and/or replace 6 traded for novice points and the associated abilities for the Ironman Exalted ability, haven't decided yet.

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Wow, I managed t completely miss how we are supposed to be level 4. Fixing right now.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am

It looks like as soon as Bronymous gets a sheet made and settled (Or decides not to) we can get going.

In the interim: I have my own thoughts, but does anyone have requests regarding what's beyond our first mirror?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Damn I forgot again. Ok, remind me what everyone has and I'll try and get it knocked out.

EDIT: There are like no options, especially at Exalted where just about everything is 3 points...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15rJTutc5AuzEAZCCQgdViQ3z9Hx2yeyQtNNiMH30nXs/edit?usp=sharing
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Well Sunbeam has Eaglesong and MJH6 has Firebird. TheCavalry, presumably due to their computer troubles, hasn't put a character forward yet.
Ability-wise Eaglesong has medicinal training along with abilities to aid insight and flight while Firebird has mostly nature abilities and teleportation-based abilities along with telepathy, its upgrade and illuminate.
In the area of Combat Eaglesong has healing and some support for the X cost minor actions for damage where Firebird has primarily ongoing damage though also has high damage though Lightning storm and the Dragon destiny.
Not sure wether to include myself or anime_stickman so I'm going to err on the side of caution and not do so.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Well I came up with a story for the twins. I'm not entirely sure how it will change their personalities yet, but they've become what amounts to undead Flesh Golems, who have had their souls reattached to their reconstructed bodies. I'm short 2 Exalted points because the options suck and I can't find anything to use them on. Are we doing the thing where we can trade an Exalted for 2 Novice points?

Also, are there any preferences on combat, or can I default to a running dps?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm

You can always trade the exalted points for novice points, 2 novice points per exalted point.
Not sure what to suggest for combat other than the Companion feature, given that they are twins.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Nope, the character concept is for two characters sharing a character sheet, not one character and a companion. In the Ghostbusters game they fought together and attacked in unison (or else I flavored it so one did something while the other didn't). Companions give me a headache, mechanically.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:19 pm

@ Bronymous: Oh my. That is entertaining. You do seem to be short on Skill Points, however (At least, I'm pretty sure having 0 modifiers on all skill checks would suck Wink ) 

@ Everyone: So! Updates. First off: TheCavalry has opted to back out due to tech issues. This means our list will have Bronymous, Sunbeam, MJ, Psuedopolis, and Stickman. I will update the first post appropriately. I would like to remind everyone that we are starting at Level 4: this means a total of 6 Exalted Ability points, 4 Exalted Trait points, a Tier 1 Destiny, and a total +3 bonus to all skills in addition to the normal Level 1 stuff. Make sure you have it all! Finally, I will probably be starting the In Character thread this evening if everyone is ready by then; if not, then Monday morning at the latest whether you're ready or not. So, if you have anything you need to ask me about, today would be a good time to shoot me a PM.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Yeah, I was saving the skills for after Abilities, in case of any additional modifiers. I'll get the rest of the sheet done probably Saturday, finalized Sunday latest. I won't be able to have it done before Saturday (i.e. tonight), though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Sent a PM for a question. Other than that and adding a little bit to the character backstory I'm ready whenever.
Edit: I think I may have added too much to the backstory, in any case it can be considered done.
Edit the second: If want to go straight damage Bronymous why not focus on the Monk basic abilities, theme the combos as The Twins fighting together?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Dammit there's no Daggerstom/Drunken master combo equivalent in wanderlust.

I'm not taking the monk combos for two reasons. I already have a character running a high damage nuke Monk combo, and I've seen with that that while they have the potential for big damage output, they require a serious commitment of Combat Abilities and pips. I think they're ultimately better suited for continuous damage every turn, rather than  huge output every other turn or so.

That said, I've decided not to go too hard in my maximization of the twins combat, and focus more on the theming. They might be a little underpowered from a min-maxing standpoint, but they'll get their hits in.

EDIT: I've gotten myself into some weird conundrum where I'm going to end up with a ridiculous abundance of pips and nothing to spend them on... hmmm...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Drink pain from the Warlock abilities perhaps?
Allows for reasonable healing while tossing out higher damage attacks while still having PIPs left over.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Looked at that option, but it's more limited than it seems- I'd never be hitting for more than 20 damage per instance (If that's how it works, not sure). I took a decent basic heal move instead, since I'm going to be hitting my self for a lot of damage early on.

I literally needed 1 pip at the start of combat for it to even out, and every option to increase that outside of a basic ability ended with me stacking unnecessary amounts of pips, so I just scaled back that 1 pip requirement, and everything is good to go now. Sheet's done, flavoring's done. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm gonna get as lucky with a picture as I did with their other sheet, so for now we're gonna have to use our imaginations. Anyway, I'm good to go.

...Or I would be, but I have a mandatory overnight thing starting Monday, so my ability to post might be limited. If I can, I will, but if not, it'll have to wait until Wednesday.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 pm

I can't believe I forgot to mention that The IC Thread is up!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Points to mj for being the only person to notice and reply anyways.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Agreed.
Give me some time, I'm gonna try to do this noir-esc-ly (which is not a word).

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:19 pm

I'm hoping Firebird gets a chance to meet Sam. It'll be interesting to see her interact with another phoenix
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:24 pm

I flat out said I wasn't gonna be able to post yet. I saw the post yesterday.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:29 am

Can I just make a general request that you describe surfaces more often? Does this place look like an office workspace moved underground, or a mining operation, or like NASA under the cornfields in Interstellar? Is it well-lit? Does it smell of Pine scent or old minerals*? What am I walking through?

*You know, that cave smell. Part rock mould, part stagnant water?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Bronymous, what exactly do Hallows and Gallows look like? They're ghost jackals, but are they ethereal, or nearly solid, or what? Do they have wounds on them?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 pm

They aren't ghosts technically- at some point, in one of the darker mirror-verses, their bodies were mangled and mutilated, and they died. Then, using magic and bits of metal and such, the bodies were reconstructed into husks, and their dead souls were summoned, and bound to the husks... which I guess does technically make them ghosts. Anyway.

I struggled to find a decent looking picture for what I'm picturing, so imagine a jackal, and then remove a few chunks of meat, bones, skin, and an appendage or two. Then, replace those missing pieces with metal golem-esque prosthetics, and the odd gemstone here and there. As described in Shelley's Frankenstein, the process or reconstructing the body would require enlarging the body overall, so whereas before they stood about chest level to a regular pony, now they stand about as tall as Big Mac. Their magically augmented body parts give them unnatural physical ability, and some minor arcane capability. Finally, their souls are recalled from the underworld/afterlife/wherever, and magically bound to the bodies- unlike resurrection, through this process its more like they are possessing the shells instead of having a reincarnated soul.

Or, imagine a demonic looking Jackal flesh golem. Whatever you imagine is probably close.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next