Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass

+2
Anime_stickman
mjh6
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass

Post  mjh6 Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:15 pm

"It is very useful in this world of ponies and Diamond Dogs. So, why are you here?" Firebird wondered when who ever was in charge here would show up.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Eaglesong, Crash Mat, Hallows and Gallows

As Eaglesong knocks on the door, some noise can be heard inside, and after several moments the door opens. A red coated pony in a hard hat and engineer's barding is waved out by what you can only assume to be the Site Director, who proves to be a familiar sight to most of you. ((Maybe all of you? I forget if Eaglesong has met him.))

The Director turns out to be an older gentlecolt, with a long, faded jacket framing a tan coat, very tall and thin, almost skeletal. His mane, probably a vibrant purple once, has since faded to a steely gray, and several lines are visible beneath his eyes. An observant might notice the braces on his hind legs, somewhat obscured by the jacket that also conceals his Cutie Mark. And yet, besides the obvious toll that age and Warehouse work has taken, you can still see a vibrant spark of youth behind the thin, wire rimmed glasses as he looks over a clip board, hovering in his unicorn magic.

"Now let's see here..." His voice sounds uncharacteristically rough, like bubbling grease in a deep fryer. "It looks like Eaglesong is there, Crash-Mat, and... Huh?" he reads off, looking at each of you as he reads names off, and then stopping at the twin jackals. He looks back and forth between them and his clipboard several times, his face falling in a rare moment of disbelief. "...Hallows? Gallows!? Is that really..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:33 pm

The pegasus was called Eaglesong huh? That made some sense to me looking at her, maybe she was a singer or a musician of some sort too. Though that raised some questions I wasn't sure I be able to answer just yet. I was mulling this detail over when the door opened and a pony who had been simultaneously familiar and unfamiliar to me stepped through.
Maverick looked the same as he had when he'd invited me here, assuming this was the place...and I was still as suspicious of him as that time too. The fact he seemed so familiar to me when I didn't remember him before I met a few days ago bothered me, like an itch right in the small of my back. I wanted answers.
Though he'd addressed the Jackals with his question I took the initiative and a step forward. I also noted their names for future reference.
"You Artesian Maverick?"
I considered trying to trip him up with a false detail but it seemed like a bad idea, I wanted answers and pissing him off by acting overly suspicious seemed like a bad way to get them.
Skill roll:
Notebook Subjects changed:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Anime_stickman Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Sam thought for a minute "well, After the whole 'traveling the world' thing got boring , Indigo now does small jobs here and there..."
" And, If my suspicions are right, We are here for a small job."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indigo at this point looked at his arm where a watch would be, then remembered he didn't have a watch
He picked up 2 muffins one for him, and one for Sam and Firebird to share.
"to bad they don't have any pie ."

Anime_stickman
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:26 am

Firebird eyed the object Indigo offered them curiously. <What is that?> She asked.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Anime_stickman Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:46 am

Indigo thinks for a second
"that m'dear is a muffin"
";made from seeds, that had grown into wheat, witch were then ground into flour, mixed with milk, sugar,vanilla, and other ingredients, baked for half a hour, then topped off with blueberrys."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point Sam sighs and deadpans "He means that it is a food, That is safe to eat."

Anime_stickman
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:58 am

Firebird cocked her head, trying to made sense of those words. The ponies had given her bread before, but she had never seen it shaped like that, or with berries inside. And she had no idea what vanilla was. But the other phoenix said it was food, so she pecked at one of the blueberries awkwardly. She did like blueberries.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:03 am

The Twins remain stolid at the pony's reaction to their names, and the revelation of his identity as Artesian Maverick. Crash Mat had a right to ask, the twins didn't recognize him, but a few sniffs and his scent- far back as it may be- was familiar. "Maverick, huh?" "You got old." "How long has it been? From your perspective, anyway."

OOC:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Maverick (For it is) ignores Crash Mat to focus on the jackal twins, advancing a little with slow, sure steps. "It's been... Wow. Almost thirty years now" He chuckles quietly. "So yeah, I'd say I got old. Never thought that would happen. Not when we were fighting over a hotel room in Las Pegasus," he said with a sigh. "You said 'from my perspective'. How long for you?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 am

Eaglesong had heard of Artesian Maverick before. He had been a part of some truly stunning retrievals, some of which were almost too ridiculous for even Warehouse workers to believe. But she had never gotten a straight answer on why he didn't still work for the Warehouse, which was especially curious now that it was clear that he hadn't retired from the artifact business. Maybe it was related to these volatile jackals? As it was, she elected to keep silent, watching him closely. After all, she still wasn't even certain that she was supposed to follow this stallion's orders...

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 am

"About..." "13. Since we last saw you." "8 from when we went through that mirror, until we got back just a while ago." "And only 3 since our little 'accident'." Gallows' voice is spiteful as she says this, and Hallows simply snorts, with an unnerving, hollow metal sound to accompany it. "So time really was screwed up for us, huh?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:09 pm

"Yeah, I'd say so. Wish I'd been told it was you two, though," he says with an irritated grunt. "May have to sweep for 1509 infection, that won't be fun. Anyways, my clipboard says you're all working together on this one, so I might as well brief you all at once." He turns back towards his office, waving with a forehoof for you to follow him inside.

His office turns out to be fairly nice in relation to the rest of Site-28. A thick, brown carpet covers the floor, and dark wood panels cover the wall, making the room feel very small and cozy. A writing desk sits along the opposite wall from the door, piled high with paperwork, which Maverick promptly sits behind. There is also a long workbench along one wall, covered in miscellaneous tools, parts, and projects. The wall opposite the bench has various photographs, in both color and black-and-white, many of which feature younger visions of Maverick... ((Everybody roll Perception.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Maverick's office reminded Eaglesong of her own, though her office space was considerably smaller than his. She wondered if he knew where every paper he needed was, too.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:31 pm

The twins look around the office with mild interest, both of them lingering just for a moment on a picture of a much younger Maverick, along with a few other ponies, and two young Jackal twins that they barely recognized anymore...

Perception: 16+17=33
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm

The only part of Maverick's office that really reminded me of my own was the desk, not the paperwork just the desk, which was understandable given the lack of a window or bookcases.
While it was larger than my own office I still would have kept it given the option, being underground kinda ruined any possible view and the constant need light made it all but impossible to create a "proper" atmosphere by half-opening the blinds.
I mentally speculated on how practical blinds would be in an underground office as I glanced around.
After a moment taking the room in I decided to get straight to business, I could ask why I felt like I knew him later.
"Okay, so what do you want to hire us for?"
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2