Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 11 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

Horizon

You drag the cultist with you to the metallic box. The box has closable door, which seals it. It has no handle to open it from the inside, but you're pretty sure you'd have little difficulty kicking it open. There is only enough room for either you or the cultist to fit inside the box. Alternately, you could hide behind the box, but you're not sure how good that would do to protect you, especially since the box isn't anchored to anything.

Rolf

As Tiffany works to bolt the door with a plank, you keep it held in place with the use of a spell. The High Priest chants continuously, causing the door to glow. Prior to losing sight of Zilean, you see him snap his fingers one more time, and his voice is heard, slightly muffled, through the door:

Zilean: "One."

Skitter

The last thing you see before closing the portable hole is Zilean grabbing the fireball with both of his hands and flinging it straight down, into the middle of the bomb stack.

OOC Note: Guess what day it is! You're character's lives may or may not depend on it! Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:27 am

As a last minute measure, Rolf yells, "Anyone with cloaks or overcoats, stuff them into the cracks!" He then pulls out the Cloak of General Unease and tries stuffing it into the cracks below the door, in case the spell isn't airtight.

Not much else to do on my end. Hopefully Horizon doesn't replicate Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull if he goes in that box.

While it would be nice if it had some in-game benefit, it should be said regardless: Happy Birthday, Zarhon!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Congrats on not having died yet Zarhon!
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Well he's not very attentive, is he? And I'm pretty sure we all knew that this was going Crystal skull the moment he pointed out the box. Still though, maybe he'll blow himself into next week, which would make the fridge ride worth it.

Horizon lets the dead guy drop as he jumps into the box, slamming the door shut. He only has a few moments to feel slightly ridiculous, as if this was some terrible plot point in a bad story, before the explosion sounds.

Also I knew it was his birthday before all of you.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Horizon

You close the lid just in time to see a glimpse of a bright flash, as the fireball impacts.

Rolf -> 13 + 3 = 16

Skitter -> 10

Horizon -> 11 +8 = 19

Welp, update tomorrow, since it's my birthday.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm

??? What am I making a roll for? I might as well be in another dimension. Actually technically sorta am.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Ramsus wrote:??? What am I making a roll for? I might as well be in another dimension. Actually technically sorta am.

Zilean's Revenge - Page 11 YTqkX
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Zarhon wrote:Rolf -> 13 + 3 = 16
Skitter -> 10
Horizon -> 11 +8 = 19

So what I'm getting from this is
Explosion blows the doors open- Rolf and others get wrecked.
Explosion is so awesome it shatters dimensions and/or fuses the hole closed- Skitter gets wrecked.
Explosion sends the box flying, but insulation keeps it from roasting- Horizon walks away unscathed.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am

Zarhon wrote: Rolf -> 13 + 3 = 16
Skitter -> 10
Horizon -> 11 +8 = 19

Hmm. What are these rolls for? Hell, what are these modifiers for? I'm so confused!!!!!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:36 am

Roll to survive the explosion caused by all of the collected bombs being lit off by the fireball.

You get +3 for being behind a wooden door. I get +8 for being sheltered inside a metal box. Skitter apparently gets nothing for being inside a pocket dimension.

I just realized none of that makes any sense. I have no idea what these are for then.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Rolf

Rolf, the High Priest and Tiffany all instinctively close their eyes and brace for impact, whilst still maintaining pressure (magical or otherwise) to keep the door from getting blasted, as a soft "fwoom" can be heard on the other side.

What follows are several seconds of tense silence.

And then another few.

And another.

The tension quickly shifts into confusion.

Rolf is the first to open one eye.

Perception -> 13 + 3 = 16

From what he can see, Tiffany mimics Rolf in this regard.

The High Priest, utterly confused by this turn of events, dismisses channeling the fire ward with his staff, opting to use it to scratch his head instead.

High Priest: "What the..."

Still focusing on his ward, he slowly and carefully approaches the door.

High Priest: "Be careful, it might be a delayed reaction. Perhaps it-"

He is interrupted as Zilean's head and shoulders suddenly emerge through the closed door.

Zilean: "BOOM!"

Sheer shock forces the High Priest to jump, stumbling and falling backwards, collapsing. The rest of Zilean enters the temple, seemingly passing through the door itself. He bursts into laughter, holding his chest, causing his levitating body to miss-align from the ground slightly. He keeps at this for a while, lacking the usual restriction of having to draw breath, pointing at the High Priest several times, muttering something incomprehensible on occasion, only to be broken off by more laughing.

Horizon

Perception -> 11 + 8 = 19

Horizon braces himself for bumpy trip. After about thirty seconds of silence and nothing at all happening, he re-evaluates his current situation and status.

Realization sinks in, followed by a new-found seething hatred for a certain "theatrical", currently-deceased individual.

Skitter

Perception -> 10

...Bringing all this cheese into the portable hole was a bad idea. This place stinks. Tastes good though.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Skitter boldly does nothing important! =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Loooooooooooooool what a dick.

Horizon sighs and kicks the door open again, climbs out and looks around. Seeing no immediate danger, he walks over to the dead cultist and checks for anything special, including wands, scrolls, and most importantly, hopefully, a vial of the yellow liquid. Once done, he calmly walks over to where Skitter's cloak lay on the ground, and attempted to open the hole.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm

1) How would he even know that happened? Could he even have seen what Skitter did from where he was? 2) I'm pretty sure you can't open if from that side since I closed it from this side, so we're out of luck there. Skitter is basically out of this fight for now.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Well I suppose Skitter could roll to get a reason to peek through the hole (due to instinct, gut feeling, boredom, the stink being too bad, running out of air due to the cheese contaminating it, kobold curiosity/stupidity...). Horizon probably wouldn't need to guess how you vanished into the floor (since he saw you "fall"), since he was looking in that direction at the time. He could roll to do... something, I dunno. Maybe find the curled-up hole, pick it up, and start shaking it like a piggybank?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Rolf stares at the laughing lich for a few seconds, thoroughly confused. While the explosion would have been...difficult, it wasn't as surprising as coming face-to-face with an apparently invincible wizard who had walked through the doors and past the wards against the undead with no ill effect. How do you deal with someone who you can't defeat and can't even escape?

Laugh at his jokes and hope he goes away, apparently.

Rolf gave a big sigh, picked up the Cloak of General Unease, and put it back in his satchel. "Alright, Zilean, I must confess you had us going for a moment there. But now we've got a bit of a problem. I mean, taking the bomb blast to the face like it was nothing is one thing, but bypassing the wards against undead? That's just making us look bad. I'm afraid this "epic struggle" is becoming extremely one-sided. We apparently lack the firepower to stop you (unless you're willing to let the High Priest get a free shot in), and we can't even pretend our "base" is secure. Could you throw us a bone and tell us what the plot is to this story? Or at least where to expect the next "performance"?

Roll for Diplomacy (if necessary) and possibly Perception to see if "Zilean" is an illusion or not.

I must confess, I did not predict this turn of events. Hopefully, Zilean will decide not to kill us all because "where's the fun in that?"

As for Skitter, it might be that Horizon is able to open the hole since it's an "active agent" is trying to open it. Of course, this would set a precedent for outside parties (even unfriendly ones) being able to open the hole, negating its use as an "impenetrable fortress against all enemies for ten minutes."

Also, if this Zilean is an illusion, then real Zilean is probably still outside. With you guys. Have fun with that.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm

C'mon, he's probably an illusion Rolf. Sheesh.

Ok so...roll it for me then Zarhon? Since I have no idea what I'm rolling to....be annoyed by cheese smell/gut instinct/pants.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Ramsus wrote:C'mon, he's probably an illusion Rolf. Sheesh.

Ok so...roll it for me then Zarhon? Since I have no idea what I'm rolling to....be annoyed by cheese smell/gut instinct/pants.

You rolled an 11 in [insert name here].

Lynt, time to use your alt-script skills to use! Or Ramsus could think something up, if he's so inclined.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Did that succeed or fail?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Zarhon wrote: You rolled an 11 in [insert name here].

Lynt, time to use your alt-script skills to use! Or Ramsus could think something up, if he's so inclined.

Hmm. Well, there are a few options.

Cheese Endurance - 11 - Failure
The smell in these confined quarters is starting to become overwhelming (it was rather old cheese). At this point, you wonder whether the purple zombie smoke would be worse than having to stay in here much longer.

Knowledge of Ramifications of Sealed Off Rooms - 11 - Success
You briefly imagine the large explosion that must have happened, but then shrug. You're safe in your little hole. Your hole that is impenetrable to fire and smoke. Your dark, airtight little hole.

You start to wonder exactly how much air you've got in here.

Resistance against Greed - 11 - Failure
As you look over your baubles, you wonder what has happened to those worthless Pelorites. Probably blown to bits by now. Leaving nothing behind but their stupid temple and their stupid lion cubs that walk on the walls and their stupid wine cellar.

Well, the wine cellar wasn't all that bad. And these baubles might have friends in the other rooms. Not to mention these religious types like to have their instruments and symbols plated in gold. And that supply closet...all that stuff could be worth a lot of cash and help supply the "Get Skitter Rich Fast" fund.

It wouldn't hurt to get out of here soon and secure their valuables so you'll be better equipped to stop these zombies (in order to get a reward from the mayor). It's what those priests and paladins would have wanted, really: their money going to a good cause.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:10 pm

I rolled 16 on whatever i need to roll to open the hole. Or if I can't, I pick up his cloak and keep walking.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 pm

I meant I don't know if "11" meant I succeeded in finding a reason to get out of the hole or not.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 pm

But I just made up 3 reasons you could use. I'm pretty sure that Zarhon will allow you to make up your own DC for the challenge or what the roll was actually for. Create your own justification if you like, but let's just say you come up with some reason to leave the hole.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 pm

*shrug* I just didn't want to abuse meta reasoning for character actions.

Well then fine. For whatever reason, forever to remain a secret because I am lazy, Skitter opens up the hole in time to see Horizon grab his cloak. "Hey, that's mine. Oh. I suppose if you're stealing my stuff it means you're alive. What about everyone else?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 pm

"Oh you're back. Well, I killed the bad guy, disarmed the bombs, and saved the city. Everyone else ran away." Horizon tosses the cloak to Skitter. "They closed those doors on me. Other than that, I don't know what happened." He walks up to the doors and knocks.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next