Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 12 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Outside the saloon, heading to Cherry Jubilee's place.

OOC:Is it hard to find? Will we need to roll streetwise?

"Barabus, do you want to go with the cover of being my assistant or my bodyguard?"

"Zeb, any preferences on cover for you?"

"Lastly, any thoughts on what we found out?"
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Cardbo wrote:Outside the saloon, heading to Cherry Jubilee's place.

OOC:Is it hard to find? Will we need to roll streetwise?

[Jubilee's place has a giant cherry on top of the building, so you shouldn't have to roll Streetwise.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

"A personal physician for your health? You'd need one, with your status and your wealth. But one thing past was curious to me - is Big Coin helping our vigilante? Or if not, why then stalk the streets doth he?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"A personal physician for your health? You'd need one, with your status and your wealth. But one thing past was curious to me - is Big Coin helping our vigilante? Or if not, why then stalk the streets doth he?"

OOC:I think it's Gold Coin.

"Personal physician works for me."

"Something doesn't add up with Gold Coin. Apparently he's losing money in a big way, but still insists on maintaining this operation. My gut feeling tells me that the vigilante may be Cherry Jubilee, or working for her. Being a resident of Dodge Junction she's got a vested interest in cleaning up the town. Gold Coin doesn't, and frankly there isn't any reason why he should still be here.

OOC:Trying to pull up details on Gold Coin, not necessarily his operations here.
History
Roll(1d20)+17:
9,+17
Total:26

OOC:Speaking of which, trying to pull up any details on Cherry Jubilee.
History
Roll(1d20)+17:
2,+17
Total:19
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"A personal physician for your health? You'd need one, with your status and your wealth. But one thing past was curious to me - is Big Coin helping our vigilante? Or if not, why then stalk the streets doth he?"

OOC:I think it's Gold Coin.

"Personal physician works for me."

"Something doesn't add up with Gold Coin. Apparently he's losing money in a big way, but still insists on maintaining this operation. My gut feeling tells me that the vigilante may be Cherry Jubilee, or working for her. Being a resident of Dodge Junction she's got a vested interest in cleaning up the town. Gold Coin doesn't, and frankly there isn't any reason why he should still be here.

OOC:Trying to pull up details on Gold Coin, not necessarily his operations here.
History
Roll(1d20)+17:
9,+17
Total:26

OOC:Speaking of which, trying to pull up any details on Cherry Jubilee.
History
Roll(1d20)+17:
2,+17
Total:19

You recall that Gold Coin lost his parents when he was a colt, but you don't remember why. As for Jubilee, you don't recall much, but she's made a pretty penny off of shipping her cherries all over Equestria.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

"But yet he is still here - I do not know, perhaps just mere paranoia have I."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:56 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"The rest of the reason, I believe, is a Miss Cherry Jubilee," the butler said, his disapproval becoming more and more evident. "He appears to be somewhat enamored of her. Any number of perfectly good, respectable mares back in Canterlot, and he ignores every one of them for her? I sincerely hope he's not making as large a mistake as I believe him to be."
His body language reveals little save for his obvious disapproval.
((History roll on Cherry Jubilee: 20 (8+12) ))
"You seem to be quite worried about him. Are you his personal assistant or something?" Kalvin raises his claws. "Unless that's too personal, I don't want to intrude on your business."

Last edited by Quietkal on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : claws, not hands)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"The rest of the reason, I believe, is a Miss Cherry Jubilee," the butler said, his disapproval becoming more and more evident. "He appears to be somewhat enamored of her. Any number of perfectly good, respectable mares back in Canterlot, and he ignores every one of them for her? I sincerely hope he's not making as large a mistake as I believe him to be."
His body language reveals little save for his obvious disapproval.
((History roll on Cherry Jubilee: 20 (8+12) ))
"You seem to be quite worried about him. Are you his personal assistant or something?" Kalvin raises his hands. "Unless that's too personal, I don't want to intrude on your business."

((For the love of god let this pony be named Alfred.))

[Cherry Jubilee is a self-made entrepreneur who, while not humongously rich, is pretty properous due to her cherry business. Why she set up shop here and not somewhere a little more fertile is a mystery, but she produces some very good cherries regardless.]

"Indeed I am," the butler says with no small amount of pride. "I've been caring for him since before he was born. As difficult as that is at times..."

"Concierge!" calls a female voice as a red pony's head pokes out of an office. "He has a call. Do you know where he is?"

"I believe he's still at the train station, Pepperpot."

"For the love of Luna's left hoof, what do I tell Hoity Toity?!" she exclaimed angrily.

"Try the truth."

She retreated, clearly muttering something about stupid butlers who offered useless suggestions.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 pm

"Welp, back to the old grind, I guess," Blackhawk thought, flying through the sky again. Back towards Dodge. Back towards the dusty roads and occasional whistle from the train and way, way too much small-town charm for anypony to bear gracefully. Least he had a jackalope foot around his neck, three more to sell in his back pocket(?) and a fully belly to help encourage him. "Lemme see what I can scrounge up from a different angle, here..." the hippogriff thought, setting his keen eyes upon the town once more.

Spoiler:

Blackhawk sighed, growing increasingly bored. The lucky foot's fur brushed against his own, just another irritant to add to the list. "Least it ain't as hot out as ya think it'd be. That'd be a disaster with my dark coat... Another sigh. "Okay, one more flyover of the town and then I guess I'll...

"...you know, frick this!"
Blackhawk decided, putting his foot down. Metaphorically, of course. Rather difficult to do so literally from 200 feet up. "You know, I may not approve of being torn from my everyday life in order to start lookin' at stuff I dont' understand about for reasons I just don't freakin' GET, but at least they made it sound like it was gonna be interesting! But no, here I am, in the middle of NOWHERE, Equestria, flying all by my lonesome in the hot sun, livin' on rabbits and things a lot like them, and bored outta my feathered skull! Doesn't anything interesting happen in th-does that building have a giant cherry on it?"

Sure enough, it did, red, sparkling, and surprisingly sand-free. It looked out-of-place in the desert, which was a testament to how realistic the fruit looked despite its size; nopony expects to find a cherry in a sandstack, after all. "How the hoof did I miss that on my first runthrough?" Blackhawk thought to himself. He was never one much for metaphors, but if he had been the phrase "missing the forest for the trees" might have come to mind. Which still wouldn't have been quite apropos, which only went to show that Blackhawk was never much one for metaphors.

A quick glance to the ground below showed that three of his...comrades?...were headed towards the building with the cherry on it. That gave him a nice excuse to go there too. "Maybe this thing works after all," Blackhawk mused momentarily before arcing himself downwards. He came to a stop just a few inches from the ground.* "Hey, what's up, guys?"

"*":
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Welp, back to the old grind, I guess," Blackhawk thought, flying through the sky again. Back towards Dodge. Back towards the dusty roads and occasional whistle from the train and way, way too much small-town charm for anypony to bear gracefully. Least he had a jackalope foot around his neck, three more to sell in his back pocket(?) and a fully belly to help encourage him. "Lemme see what I can scrounge up from a different angle, here..." the hippogriff thought, setting his keen eyes upon the town once more.

Spoiler:

Blackhawk sighed, growing increasingly bored. The lucky foot's fur brushed against his own, just another irritant to add to the list. "Least it ain't as hot out as ya think it'd be. That'd be a disaster with my dark coat... Another sigh. "Okay, one more flyover of the town and then I guess I'll...

"...you know, frick this!"
Blackhawk decided, putting his foot down. Metaphorically, of course. Rather difficult to do so literally from 200 feet up. "You know, I may not approve of being torn from my everyday life in order to start lookin' at stuff I dont' understand about for reasons I just don't freakin' GET, but at least they made it sound like it was gonna be interesting! But no, here I am, in the middle of NOWHERE, Equestria, flying all by my lonesome in the hot sun, livin' on rabbits and things a lot like them, and bored outta my feathered skull! Doesn't anything interesting happen in th-does that building have a giant cherry on it?"

Sure enough, it did, red, sparkling, and surprisingly sand-free. It looked out-of-place in the desert, which was a testament to how realistic the fruit looked despite its size; nopony expects to find a cherry in a sandstack, after all. "How the hoof did I miss that on my first runthrough?" Blackhawk thought to himself. He was never one much for metaphors, but if he had been the phrase "missing the forest for the trees" might have come to mind. Which still wouldn't have been quite apropos, which only went to show that Blackhawk was never much one for metaphors.

A quick glance to the ground below showed that three of his...comrades?...were headed towards the building with the cherry on it. That gave him a nice excuse to go there too. "Maybe this thing works after all," Blackhawk mused momentarily before arcing himself downwards. He came to a stop just a few inches from the ground.* "Hey, what's up, guys?"

"*":

Your landing, while not five-star, is still pretty darn good.

[Dang it, that means I need to make a map. XD]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:35 am

"Hey Blackhawk! We're off to see Ms Jubilee."

"Any preference on what type of coverstory you'd like? Zeb here is going as my personal physician. You can be a bodyguard if you want. Unless you've got something else in mind."

Cheese looks a little closer at Blackhawk.

"You got a little blood ...right...over...here. Cheese mimes rubbing his face with his hoof so as to indicate where its at.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:45 am

Blackhawk was momentarily stunned.

"What, no, this is..." he pauses. "That Gear Grease stuff."

There is a long silence.

"I'll wipe it off once I'm done being Buckbeak," he recovered in style, or at least attempted to. "Your bodyguard. So..." Blackhawk grinned, just a little bit. "Mind fillin' me in on the details?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:05 am

Cheese thumps hoof to his head somewhat melodramatically.

"Oh silly me. You're right.

"Anyway, so there's this pony called Gold Coin who's set up a coal mining operation in town. Except there's not a lot of coal, and he's losing money like crazy, so why is he still here? Inquiring mind's would like to know. So we're going in completely the opposite direction because Ms. Jubilee's is the only other place of interest, and we want to save the best for last. Plus, I've heard she makes a really good cherry pie."

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Indeed I am," the butler says with no small amount of pride. "I've been caring for him since before he was born. As difficult as that is at times..."
Kalvin offers a smile. "You've done a very good job, I'm sure. I spoke momentarily to Mr Coin at the station, and he seems a very nice fellow." Kalvin looks out the window and sees that it's whatever time it is now.
I should get a notepad and pencil from that corner store. Help with the cover story.
"But alas, stories don't write themselves. It's been a pleasure talking to you, but unless you've got some information about the vigilante, I'm afraid I must go."
Kal waits for a reply before turning to the door.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:34 am

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Indeed I am," the butler says with no small amount of pride. "I've been caring for him since before he was born. As difficult as that is at times..."
Kalvin offers a smile. "You've done a very good job, I'm sure. I spoke momentarily to Mr Coin at the station, and he seems a very nice fellow." Kalvin looks out the window and sees that it's whatever time it is now.
I should get a notepad and pencil from that corner store. Help with the cover story.
"But alas, stories don't write themselves. It's been a pleasure talking to you, but unless you've got some information about the vigilante, I'm afraid I must go."
Kal waits for a reply before turning to the door.

"I'd wish you good luck in finding him, sir, but if you've any sense, you'll steer clear of the fellow," the butler warns. "He's not the most... savory of ponies."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:51 am

"It's a good thing I work for Psychotics Monthly then!", Kalvin calls back.
Right, that's probably enough time spent not following the person I said I would follow. Eh, I'm sure they covered it, looked like they were in the same general area as him. Besides, if he was the vigilante, why would he be arriving today? He's probably got some shady business he's attending to, but that's not why we're here. It's certainly possible that Gold Coin is the vigilante, but he seemed appalled at the tactics, and the butler would have had some slip about it. I could investigate Cherry Jubilee, but I don't know where that'd...
Kalvin's stomach gurgles.
Time to investigate Cherry Jubilee, it looks like. Pick up a snack while I'm at it.
((Regroup action is gooooooo.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 am

"I think I'll go with being a bodyguard"', Barabus says, "The locals are less likely to suspect something's up if the giant Minotaur is a bodyguard than a personal assistant."
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 am

Dextor's ears perked up when the unicorn mentioned the vigilante.

"The vigilante, sir?" he asked with a questioning tone. "So you're out to get him too?"

Realizing what he just had said, Dextor's mind kicked in overdrive and decided to follow through with the ruse.

"Actually sir, I've been meaning to get my hands on this vigilante as well. Might I propose we form... an alliance?" Dextor said before he reminded himself to add something to it. "Of course, you'll be in charge as I wouldn't dare to impede your brilliance."

Does this need a roll or does the natural 20 + sucking up to him carry over still? ^^
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 am

Zebulon thought for a moment.

Gear... Grease? But he'd have no reason to drink that, unless he was...

Maybe this wasn't the best time to think about it. Better to stay focused on Cherry Jubilee... and figure out what in Celestia's name she was named after.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 am

Demonu wrote:Dextor's ears perked up when the unicorn mentioned the vigilante.

"The vigilante, sir?" he asked with a questioning tone. "So you're out to get him too?"

Realizing what he just had said, Dextor's mind kicked in overdrive and decided to follow through with the ruse.

"Actually sir, I've been meaning to get my hands on this vigilante as well. Might I propose we form... an alliance?" Dextor said before he reminded himself to add something to it. "Of course, you'll be in charge as I wouldn't dare to impede your brilliance."

Does this need a roll or does the natural 20 + sucking up to him carry over still? ^^

Victor narrowed his eyes. "What use could you possibly be to Doom? Speak quickly, dragon."

[He's still relatively mellow, so this will be based on the strength of your argument for Dextor's usefulness.]

The party approaching Jubilee's place see it a while before they get to it. It's a large, sprawling farm full of cherry trees. Several buildings lie scattered across the property as well: the one on the front with the cherry on top where she sells her goods to the locals, and the production buildings at the back. Ponies are hard at work bucking cherries, watering the trees, and going in and out of buildings.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:22 pm

OOC:Cheese tries to find the least busy pony around and approaches them.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:49 pm

((Barabus follows Cheese unobtrusively))
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Kalvin is surprised that the rest of the group is here as well. "Oh. Hello. Good to see you're not just sitting about. Well, since you seem to be picking up your earlier slack in investigating, I'm going to get some lunch." Kalvin walks off to the building where products are sold to the public.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Quietkal wrote:Kalvin is surprised that the rest of the group is here as well. "Oh. Hello. Good to see you're not just sitting about. Well, since you seem to be picking up your earlier slack in investigating, I'm going to get some lunch." Kalvin walks off to the building where products are sold to the public.

"Oh hey! You found the pie stand. Good job!
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Victor narrowed his eyes. "What use could you possibly be to Doom? Speak quickly, dragon."

[He's still relatively mellow, so this will be based on the strength of your argument for Dextor's usefulness.]
"Well sir, I don't mean to brag," Dextor started a bit unsure as he felt somewhat uncomfortable to speak about himself in front of others, "but being a magical dragon, I can breath fire which I can then turn into either fireworks, to provide a distraction, or a thick smoke screen, to provide cover. Furthermore am I fire retardant, well read on the subjects of magic and I have access to various abilities through the use of magic, due to being, well, a magical dragon."

A funny thought popped up in Dextor's mind as he was talking about himself. 'So this is how dad must feel like when he goes out for a job interview...'
He might as well go through with it.

"I'm also tough, quite strong and know my way around. At the very least, I could serve as a henchman, bodyguard or assistant."

Dextor reached into his pocket and took out a folded sheet of paper. "I have a resumé if you want." he said with a sheepish smile.

Please tell me this campaign/Equestria/world has a pony-equivalent of Latvaria ^^
That would be way awesome.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: