Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 11 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:34 pm

OOC: what about what Dextor's doing at the top of page 15?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Demonu wrote:OOC: what about what Dextor's doing at the top of page 15?

(((I can't beleive you had Dextor make Poor sleepy Barabus pay for your lodgings...

Actually, I can. Bravo)))
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Appkes wrote:"Hey there, the names Barabus Thorn. Beleive it or not, I'm actually with him." He said, gesturing at Cheese.
"I'm just a sort of... Aide, I guess. I help him out with all sorta stuff, messages, errands, so on." (He's lying. 14+ 10 = 24 Persuasion to convince them)

Powerhouse guffaws. "What, not a bodyguard? You got the muscle for it, that's for sure!"

"Not everypon... er, everyone is as interested in utilizing their strength as you," Silverswift pointed out.

Vaccine replied, "True, although it seems a waste to use a big strong minotaur for just light errands, especially considering your financial situation. I personally would shell out the extra bits for him you'd pay a bodyguard for and expand his duties."

Demonu wrote:
Not the baby dragon. If he were to share this plan with the dragon, who knows who the dragon would tell - he attracts enough odd stares as is
Gee, thanks for all the trust you have in Dextor. And he was going to throw a Instant Party for you guys and everything Sad

Dextor entered the room and laid all his belongings on the bed. After jumping up and down a few times on it, he was convinced it was fluffy enough to provide a good night sleep later this day. Figuring there was still time to spare before dinner, Dextor decided that he might as well start looking for clues regarding the Dodge Junction vigilante. He went back to the reception to take a peek at the guest register to see who else was staying in this hotel other than himself and the rest of his party.

If I need to roll to see the guest register [17 + 7 Perception = 24] Awesomesauce Cool
And if I need to distract the receptionist, I'll use Echo to create the sound of something falling on the floor in the backroom.

[Sorry, Demonu. I missed that post somehow.]

You successfully distract the receptionist, who goes in the back muttering "No doubt somepony dropped the microwave again."

There's someone who wrote only "Victor" as his name who has a room at the very edge of the hotel and somepony named "Time Turner" who reserved a room for himself and another for one "Ditzy Doo".
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:01 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Powerhouse guffaws. "What, not a bodyguard? You got the muscle for it, that's for sure!"

"Not everypon... er, everyone is as interested in utilizing their strength as you," Silverswift pointed out.

Vaccine replied, "True, although it seems a waste to use a big strong minotaur for just light errands, especially considering your financial situation. I personally would shell out the extra bits for him you'd pay a bodyguard for and expand his duties."

Cheese whispers conspiratorially to the three ponies across from him.

"He actually is a bodyguard. But when you see a minotaur you think "fighter" of some sort, and my friend Barabus here isn't really fond of the stereotype, so he tries to pass himself off as my assistant."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:02 pm

OOC: holy crap, Victor von Doom is in the hotel. So going to roll Perception to see if it's a Doombot XD

Quickly memorizing who is staying in which room, a plan starts to form in Dextor's mind. He runs back to his room, raids the mini-fridge/bar, stashed everything on a plate he found somewhere in the room and takes off his top hat. He puts the top hat on his bed, takes the plate and walks out of the room, towards the room where the one named Victor is staying. Dextor straightened his bow, cleared his throat and knocked on the door.

"Room service!"

Do I need to roll Persuasion for this?
I can't beleive you had Dextor make Poor sleepy Barabus pay for your lodgings...
He's a baby dragon: his parents would freak out if they knew he's out alone, staying in strange places without someone looking over him Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Barabus looks sour, but doesn't comment, instead drawring up a chair and sitting down at the table next to Cheese Wheel, but still listening.

(( Dextor is Best Sneak!!

Also, it's been at least 4 hours since we arrived, making it a new day, after the 18 hour journey... Today the bonus is stealth. Magic Steroid Supplement Robots Away!))

Last edited by Appkes on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Cheese whispers conspiratorially to the three ponies across from him.

"He actually is a bodyguard. But when you see a minotaur you think "fighter" of some sort, and my friend Barabus here isn't really fond of the stereotype, so he tries to pass himself off as my assistant."

"Oh, got it," Powerhouse grins. "I had the same problem, only they expected me t'be a good flyer. Then I got tough and they stopped."

"Besides, I'm fast enough for the both of us," Silverswift chimes in.

Demonu wrote:OOC: holy crap, Victor von Doom is in the hotel. So going to roll Perception to see if it's a Doombot XD

Quickly memorizing who is staying in which room, a plan starts to form in Dextor's mind. He runs back to his room, raids the mini-fridge/bar, stashed everything on a plate he found somewhere in the room and takes off his top hat. He puts the top hat on his bed, takes the plate and walks out of the room, towards the room where the one named Victor is staying. Dextor straightened his bow, cleared his throat and knocked on the door.

"Room service!"

Do I need to roll Persuasion for this?
I can't beleive you had Dextor make Poor sleepy Barabus pay for your lodgings...
He's a baby dragon: his parents would freak out if they knew he's out alone, staying in strange places without someone looking over him Smile

[Yes, you'll want to roll Persuasion.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Okay, then I'll will do that.
[Persuasion 7 + 20 = 27]
Natural 20, nailed that shit like a boss Cool
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Demonu wrote:Okay, then I'll will do that.
[Persuasion 7 + 20 = 27]

"I did not order room service, you incompetent servant," Victor's voice rang out. "Begone!" He didn't even bother opening the door. Nonetheless, Dextor is quite sure that Victor doesn't suspect anything, possibly because he's distracted with something else.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:47 pm

[Persuasion 7 + 20 = 27]

"I did not order room service, you incompetent servant," Victor's voice rang out. "Begone!" He didn't even bother opening the door. Nonetheless, Dextor is quite sure that Victor doesn't suspect anything, possibly because he's distracted with something else.
Really? A natural 20 gets me nowhere? Bollocks...

After getting the door slammed in his face, minus the door slamming part, Dextor decided to try a different approach. If Victor von Doom had one weakness, it was his ego.

"It's complementary, sir. It's on the house, seeing as how your reputation precedes you, sir." Dextor shuffled a bit with his feet. He knew he was supposed to get some information or clues regarding the vigilante but he couldn't help but let a shimmer of fanboyism slitter through.

"I'm a fan of your work actually, sir. Your theories on the integration of magic with technology are sublime and that scientist Reeds is just full of himself. He's too caught up in his own little mind to see the greatness of your genius. So uhm..." Dextor hesitated for a moment. "Could I get your autograph please, sir?"

Is this going to take another Persuasion check? And if so, do I get a bonus for the things I said in relation to the context?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Demonu wrote:
[Persuasion 7 + 20 = 27]

Really? A natural 20 gets me nowhere? Bollocks...

After getting the door slammed in his face, minus the door slamming part, Dextor decided to try a different approach. If Victor von Doom had one weakness, it was his ego.

"It's complementary, sir. It's on the house, seeing as how your reputation precedes you, sir." Dextor shuffled a bit with his feet. He knew he was supposed to get some information or clues regarding the vigilante but he couldn't help but let a shimmer of fanboyism slitter through.

"I'm a fan of your work actually, sir. Your theories on the integration of magic with technology are sublime and that scientist Reeds is just full of himself. He's too caught up in his own little mind to see the greatness of your genius. So uhm..." Dextor hesitated for a moment. "Could I get your autograph please, sir?"

Is this going to take another Persuasion check? And if so, do I get a bonus for the things I said in relation to the context?

[Nat 20 carries over]

After a brief moment of silence, the door opened. "It is good to see that somepony agrees with Doom about the incompetence of Reeds," he said. "I do not desire sustenance still, but an autograph is certainly acceptable." His horn glowed as he brought out a pen telekinetically.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:01 pm

OOC: Oh hella sweet! I'mma go have me some fun ^^
Remember to keep Doctor Doom in character Wink

Dextor took out a slip of paper from his pocket and held it in front of the unicorn for him to sign. As the pen touched the paper, a jolt of excitement made its way across Dextor's spine and he almost had to bite his tongue not to squee.

"If you don't mind me asking, sir," he asked with a twinkle of admiration in his eyes, "but what brings a great pony of your stature to a town like Dodge Junction?"

If I need to roll additional Persuasion checks, let me know.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Even amongst those who can fly in Equestria, there is a common weakness.

Ponies tend to forget to look up.

Blackhawk lazily soared high in the sky, attempting to get a feel for the dry air - and the layout of the town below.

Eagle's eyes scanned the ground - sharp, sudden movements - mentally mapping not just the buildings, not just the streets, but the alleys, the backdoors, the nooks and crannies the group's vigilante friend might choose to appear from.

Spoiler:

A quick growl of the stomach. "Aw c'mon, I went huntin' this mornin' even!" Blackhawk chastised the greedy organ, attempting not to think of the taste of rabbit. The dust-colored hippogriff turned abruptly, doing a lazy roll. "Eh, fine, fine, I got some time for some extra grub, not much else to do around this place except count dust, after all. Lookin' over the city can wait an hour or two, right? Always has before. Well, once. That one time I actually needed to, uh..."

His eyes narrowed a bit as he shoved the awkward sentence structure to the back of his mind. "Now then...where's my lunch?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Demonu wrote:OOC: Oh hella sweet! I'mma go have me some fun ^^
Remember to keep Doctor Doom in character Wink

Dextor took out a slip of paper from his pocket and held it in front of the unicorn for him to sign. As the pen touched the paper, a jolt of excitement made its way across Dextor's spine and he almost had to bite his tongue not to squee.

"If you don't mind me asking, sir," he asked with a twinkle of admiration in his eyes, "but what brings a great pony of your stature to a town like Dodge Junction?"

If I need to roll additional Persuasion checks, let me know.

[Do my best! Very Happy Also, please do roll another Persuasion check. Getting Doom to open the door is a far different matter from revealing anything of his plans.]

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Even amongst those who can fly in Equestria, there is a common weakness.

Ponies tend to forget to look up.

Blackhawk lazily soared high in the sky, attempting to get a feel for the dry air - and the layout of the town below.

Eagle's eyes scanned the ground - sharp, sudden movements - mentally mapping not just the buildings, not just the streets, but the alleys, the backdoors, the nooks and crannies the group's vigilante friend might choose to appear from.

Spoiler:

A quick growl of the stomach. "Aw c'mon, I went huntin' this mornin' even!" Blackhawk chastised the greedy organ, attempting not to think of the taste of rabbit. The dust-colored hippogriff turned abruptly, doing a lazy roll. "Eh, fine, fine, I got some time for some extra grub, not much else to do around this place except count dust, after all. Lookin' over the city can wait an hour or two, right? Always has before. Well, once. That one time I actually needed to, uh..."

His eyes narrowed a bit as he shoved the awkward sentence structure to the back of his mind. "Now then...where's my lunch?"

Spoiler:

Based on your first Perception check, you don't see anything that you didn't already know about, and you don't see anything that's hopelessly obvious as a place where the vigilante is likely to appear, although there are plenty of dark alleys in this town. Your second perception check lets you notice a jackalope casually sunbathing out in the desert, unaware of your presence.

As for that Perception check that I forgot about (man, I need to stop missing these things!), you caught the entirety of the conversation.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Persuasion roll? Okay, getting Doctor Doom to talk would require a fairly high roll. Let's see if Dextor is up to the task.
[15 + 7 Persuasion = 22]
I figure this probably wouldn't be high enough so I'm tossing in my magic point with a +10 to boost it to a 32.
I'm keeping my second magic point in reserve because I have a feeling 32 should be enough. But you can never know with Doctor Doom...
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Blackhawk's eyes widened a bit, which combined with their previous narrowing put them right about back to normal. "Jackalope, jackalope, not exactly common, not even out here in this kinda desert. Now that's interestin'. And... he began to wrack his brain. "Tasty? I get the feeling there's something I'm forgettin' 'bout these things."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 pm

"Gentleponies. It was good meeting you all. I do believe we'll check out Miss Jubilee's place, and perhaps sample some pie."

"I thank you for your time and bid you farewell."

OOC:Once we get out of the saloon, I want to talk a little with Zebulon and Barabus on the way.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm

(( I advise everyone to check their luggage for stray gnomes.

You never know. ))

Barabus challenges Power Lifter to an arm/hoof wrestling contest out the awkward silence that appears to have developed.

((15+ 12 = 27 Endurance
Or
13 +9 = 21 Stunts))
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 pm

"Or maybe I spoke too soon?" noticing the arm/hoof wrestling challenge ready to start.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 pm

"Perhaps after this finishes we leave?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Demonu wrote:Persuasion roll? Okay, getting Doctor Doom to talk would require a fairly high roll. Let's see if Dextor is up to the task.
[15 + 7 Persuasion = 22]
I figure this probably wouldn't be high enough so I'm tossing in my magic point with a +10 to boost it to a 32.
I'm keeping my second magic point in reserve because I have a feeling 32 should be enough. But you can never know with Doctor Doom...

Victor smiles slightly, a cruel smile promising harm to somepony. "Suffice it to say that this... vigilante will regret meddling in my business."

Appkes wrote:
Barabus challenges Power Lifter to an arm/hoof wrestling contest out the awkward silence that appears to have developed.

((15+ 12 = 27 Endurance
Or
13 +9 = 21 Stunts))

[Using both rolls.]

"Heh, you're on!" Powerhouse says with a grin, offering his hoof.

It was a hard-fought contest, taking a couple of minutes to decide. Powerhouse had an initial advantage of strength, but Barabus's stamina proved greater, making the minotaur the winner.

Powerhouse massages his aching arm. "Not bad, big guy," he says with a rueful grin. "I don't think I'll be challengin' you again anytime soon."

Silverswift grins. "Never thought I'd see the day."

"This does mean you owe me thirty bits," Vaccine reminds him.

"Ah, nuts." Silverswift reluctantly hands a small bag of money over to the unicorn.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk's eyes widened a bit, which combined with their previous narrowing put them right about back to normal. "Jackalope, jackalope, not exactly common, not even out here in this kinda desert. Now that's interestin'. And... he began to wrack his brain. "Tasty? I get the feeling there's something I'm forgettin' 'bout these things."

Spoiler:

Blackhawk doesn't remember much about jackalopes, save for the fact that their feet are supposed to be lucky.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Powerhouse massages his aching arm. "Not bad, big guy," he says with a rueful grin. "I don't think I'll be challengin' you again anytime soon."

Silverswift grins. "Never thought I'd see the day."

"This does mean you owe me thirty bits," Vaccine reminds him.

"Ah, nuts." Silverswift reluctantly hands a small bag of money over to the unicorn.

Cheese stamps his hooves a couple of times.

"Good show, both of you!"

EDIT:Hooves, not feet.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm

"Good show indeed, but now we must be off. Good morrow, friends, and may your teams prove true."

With that, Zebulon heads outside.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

"Ah! That's right! Lucky rabbit's feet! Er, jackalope's feet, I guess." Blackhawk gasped inwardly. "This little guy could be my ticket into the Wonderbolts...I already know I got the skills, I just need the connections, right? And how do I get those connections but..."

The hippogriff launched into a dive, sandy feathers bent sharp back, rustling in a a beak-split wind. The smile on Blackhawk's face widened by just a few millimeters. "Luck be a Lady tonight..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Ah! That's right! Lucky rabbit's feet! Er, jackalope's feet, I guess." Blackhawk gasped inwardly. "This little guy could be my ticket into the Wonderbolts...I already know I got the skills, I just need the connections, right? And how do I get those connections but..."

The hippogriff launched into a dive, sandy feathers bent sharp back, rustling in a a beak-split wind. The smile on Blackhawk's face widened by just a few millimeters. "Luck be a Lady tonight..."

Spoiler:

[I'll be using that Stunts check.]

The jackalope never saw you coming. Your dive instantly kills the creature, leaving his body a bit mangled but his feet intact.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next