Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 16 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 pm

As the others took their place at one of the tables in the hotel's restaurant, none of them questioned the fact that Dextor was making his way over to the kitchen.

"I'll be right back."

The kitchen doors closed behind him and the group heared an abundance of sounds that definitely didn't sound like regular cooking. But before they could question what they were or get up to see if Dextor needed some help with anything, the doors opened again and Dextor walked over to their table while pushing a cart in front of him.

"I didn't know what you guys normally eat for dinner so I just threw some minor things together. I have various kinds of sandwiches, hay fries, fruit salads, cupcakes, muffins, toast, chocolate, apples, pears, oranges, peaches, carrots, bananas, vanilla cake, chocolate cake, strawberry pie, strawberry-chocolate piecake, pancakes, jam, whipped cream, cucumbers, regular hay, oatmeal, watermelon, tomato soup, corn, bread, apple pie, hard boiled eggs, grapes, cherries, pineapple, chocolate mousse, éclairs and donuts."

Dextor then ran back into the kitchen and pushed out a second similar, albeit smaller cart.

"For drinks I have water, sparkly water, apple juice, orange juice, pear juice, peach juice, carrot juice, milk, chocolate milk, both hot and cold, tomato juice, cherry juice, tea, coffee and cider."

Dextor grabbed his plate and started to fill it with all kinds of food and drinks.

"It's self-service, guys. Bon appétit!" said Dextor before stuffing his face with a slice of strawberry-chocolate piecake.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Demonu wrote:As the others took their place at one of the tables in the hotel's restaurant, none of them questioned the fact that Dextor was making his way over to the kitchen.

"I'll be right back."

The kitchen doors closed behind him and the group heared an abundance of sounds that definitely didn't sound like regular cooking. But before they could question what they were or get up to see if Dextor needed some help with anything, the doors opened again and Dextor walked over to their table while pushing a cart in front of him.

"I didn't know what you guys normally eat for dinner so I just threw some minor things together. I have various kinds of sandwiches, hay fries, fruit salads, cupcakes, muffins, toast, chocolate, apples, pears, oranges, peaches, carrots, bananas, vanilla cake, chocolate cake, strawberry pie, strawberry-chocolate piecake, pancakes, jam, whipped cream, cucumbers, regular hay, oatmeal, watermelon, tomato soup, corn, bread, apple pie, hard boiled eggs, grapes, cherries, pineapple, chocolate mousse, éclairs and donuts."

Dextor then ran back into the kitchen and pushed out a second similar, albeit smaller cart.

"For drinks I have water, sparkly water, apple juice, orange juice, pear juice, peach juice, carrot juice, milk, chocolate milk, both hot and cold, tomato juice, cherry juice, tea, coffee and cider."

Dextor grabbed his plate and started to fill it with all kinds of food and drinks.

"It's self-service, guys. Bon appétit!" said Dextor before stuffing his face with a slice of strawberry-chocolate piecake.

[Well, I'd say that went A and B the C of D. Bravo, Demonu! :twilightsmile:]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:47 pm

OOC: d20 = 9.

IC:

All-you-can-eat? What's going to be left when Cheese Wheel got through? Zebulon took a sandwich and started to chow down.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Spoiler:

"...Luna's command, that's a lot of food," Blackhawk eventually recovered, reaching for one of the sandwiches. "Sun and Stars, Dex, you ain't gotta do all this for us! But, you know, while ya are." And he bit into the sandwich, reaching for a glass of pear juice. "Sho anway," the hungry hungry hippogriff said through a bite of food, washing the bite down with a hearty swig from his glass. "No dilly-dally-allyin', let's get to it, let's compare some notes, what's every...er, one found out today? Me?"

A small smile traced itself over Blackhawk's beak. "Hippogriff's eye view of the city. You want a map of this place, I'm the bird you go to." He was thoughtful for a moment. "Also, 'pparently Cherry Jubilee's givin' some sort of tour tomorrow. Can't say I'm too interested in that, but eh, what are you gonna do, right?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Barabis tucked in, he hadn't eaten for over a day, and was famished.
"Thifsh ish real goob," he said around a mouthful of apples and toast, and swallowed, "but you stil owe me for the hotel room."

He lapsed into quiet but incoherent grumbling occasionally punctuated with "sixty bits and "Stupid assignment" and chewing noises, as he steadily ate his way through the spread.

—_______________________________________
OOC
Rolled Nat 1 for the party.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:51 pm

""Sho anway," the hungry hungry hippogriff said through a bite of food, washing the bite down with a hearty swig from his glass. "No dilly-dally-allyin', let's get to it, let's compare some notes, what's every...er, one found out today? Me?"

"Lets eat now. We can compare notes, later. When we're out of ear-shot everyone."

He turns his eyes to the spread and they light up.

"You pup, have outdone yourself here." He grabs a tray and starts piling food on it.

"A little of this, some of that. Oh hey, that looks good. A little cake. Alright, a lot of cake..."

Finally satisfied, he puts the tray before him and starts digging in.

OOC: Rolling for the party.
Roll(1d20)+0:
10,+0
Total:10
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"Lets eat now. We can compare notes, later. When we're out of ear-shot everyone."

"Alroht, fair, thatsh a goo' point," Blackhawk said through a bite of watermelon as Cheese Wheel loaded up his plate. "Sho I guesh for now..." and he swallowed, taking a much more restrained sip of pear juice. "Guess for now we can just...you know...talk. Eat. Try shootin' the breeze while we're stuffin' our faces." He attempted a smile, or at least a little bit of one, as he bit back into his sandwich again. He was almost acting nervous, really.

"I don't have a frickin' clue what we're supposed to be talkin' about here."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:16 pm

"So guys," Dextor started to make chit chat to liven things up a bit, "what's a saloon? I asked the receptionist but he couldn't tell me."

Dextor's eyes opened wide as his mind went places that had little to know connection to the subject. "It sounded like fun. Is it kind of like an amusement park? Did you guys go to an amusement park without me? Why didn't you tell me?!"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:30 pm

"So guys," Dextor started to make chit chat to liven things up a bit, "what's a saloon? I asked the receptionist but he couldn't tell me."

Between mouthfuls, Cheese responds.

"Its a place where old farts sit around, lick salt and chat."

Dextor's eyes opened wide as his mind went places that had little to know connection to the subject. "It sounded like fun. Is it kind of like an amusement park? Did you guys go to an amusement park without me? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Its no amusement park. You probably wouldn't have missed much. We did dig up some information, but we'll tell you about it later."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

"Lick salt?" Dextor asked with a confused tone of voice as he momentarily paused from eating, "Why would anypony lick salt? That's nasty."
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Cheese gives his best pony shrug.

"You just might start to like it when you get older."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Spoiler:
Kalvin ladles up a bowl of soup and takes a few pieces of bread. "I agree, Dextor. It's quite an odd indulgence to partake in. Mmm! This soup is very tasty, thank you Dextor."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 am

Blackhawk swallowed his last bite of sandwich a bit less chewed than absolutely necessary. "Oh, dangit, I feel like a jerk now. Just chomp on everything without a second thought." He turned to Dextor, cursing his impatience in mildly colorful terms - not blue, perhaps, but a healthy green. "Thanks, man. Food's great! Really great. Only wish my stomach was bigger!" And he took the last sip of pear juice, debating whether or not to grab some of the chocolate mousse.

Honestly, despite enthusiasm enough to make him forget the majority of his manners, Blackhawk wasn't sure what to do with this kind of spread. Theoretically, you should eat it, but...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:26 am

Coffee finished off the last of the food on his tray.

"Ok, I think thats enough now. Is everyone else, ready?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 am

Zebulon puts his half-finished sandwich in a small bag before putting that into a bigger bag.

"Ready and waiting to reveal my plan."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 pm

"So what did you guys find out while out on the town?" Dextor asked as he was piling the dishes back onto the cart to move them back to the kitchen.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 pm

"First of all, to the saloon went we, then off to see one Cherry Jubilee, but busy doing much business was she. Now here at this hotel we all convene."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:40 pm

"Lets move to my room, first."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 pm

"If you insist, man," Blackhawk said, standing up. He began walking.

He stopped.

"Uh, which room's yours, again?" came the sheepish grin.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Cheese goes ahead and points out where it is.

OOC:Sorry, I don't remember where it is either.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Dextor pushed the carts with the new empty plates on them towards the kitchen doors. He turns his head to look over his shoulder and shouts "I'll join you in a minute! Got to do the dishes first." before he walks through the double door and disappears from sight.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 pm

OOC: I don't think WomF specified rooms other than Zebulon being across from Cheese, and Demonu/Barabas being about a hallway down.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Blackhawk nodded gamely, attempting to make up for earlier embarrassment. "Alrighty then! Let's get goin'." And he went, feathers rustling slightly as he turned. Another nervous twitch. "I got a bad feelin' in my stomach, and I don't think it's indigestion..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 pm

OOC:Perception check on Blackhawk
Roll(1d20)+17:
8,+17
Total:25

Cheese enters his room followed by the rest, and waits for Dextor to catch up.

"Ok, Zeb, whats your plan?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Zebulon still fails to notice the twitch as he enters Cheese's room.

"What know we about our vigilante? He moves too quick for anyone to see. Or rather, too quick for anypony - but surely he doth leave a trace behind? If we get no tips out of commoners, then mayhap we should move a step below. Perhaps the vigilante does not know that he is tracked by those beneath his toes - perhaps the vermin know where he doth go? If to the Roach Motel we go tonight, and ask the roaches where he doth take flight, maybe he will fall within our sight."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next