Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 25 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Quietkal wrote:"Ah. Well, good luck with...helping the town economy..."
Kal makes a face silent , then takes into the air again for another pass over the town.
Spoiler:

Kal spots the cockroaches flying from building to building, occasionally stopping in midair to commune with each other before moving on. He notices a couple of large Earth Ponies heading in the direction of Gold Coin's mines, and he spots Looker coming out of the Cracker Barrel with a grocery bag and some lettuce stuck on his face, grumbling about unhelpful staff members.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Okay, seems like Barabus is going into NPC mode for some while so I'll just go ahead with plan B.

'This isn't going to get me nowhere.' Dextor thought to himself as he walked, or rather sneaked, over to an unoccupied corner of the hotel. 'Time to resolve this baby dragon style.'

He opened a window and leaned out of it a bit. He breathed a puff of flame, concentrated on it and before his eyes, the flame grew bigger in size until it soared to the sky in a bright flame. He quickly closed the window and repeated the process three more times. But instead of a flash of fire reaching for the shy, Dextor turned these puffs of flame into think black smoke. With the window closed, the smoke had no other choice but to drift inwards.

"FIRE!" Dextor shouted loud enough to alert the others.

And under the cover of smoke, he sneaked further into the hotel, intend on finding Doom's secret meeting.

The above utilized 2 baby dragon racials. If sneaking away needs a roll [17 + 7 Stealth = 24] but I assume the smoke cover provides some extra bonus?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Zebulon sees the plume of fire rising into the sky.

"My word! What's happening at the motel?"

Zebulon, thinking there might be a fire going on, starts to put on a surgical mask to protect himself from any smoke.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:55 pm

OOC:Perception Check to see if notice any smoke or anything

Roll(1d20)+8:
10,+8
Total:18
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Demonu wrote:Okay, seems like Barabus is going into NPC mode for some while so I'll just go ahead with plan B.

'This isn't going to get me nowhere.' Dextor thought to himself as he walked, or rather sneaked, over to an unoccupied corner of the hotel. 'Time to resolve this baby dragon style.'

He opened a window and leaned out of it a bit. He breathed a puff of flame, concentrated on it and before his eyes, the flame grew bigger in size until it soared to the sky in a bright flame. He quickly closed the window and repeated the process three more times. But instead of a flash of fire reaching for the shy, Dextor turned these puffs of flame into think black smoke. With the window closed, the smoke had no other choice but to drift inwards.

"FIRE!" Dextor shouted loud enough to alert the others.

And under the cover of smoke, he sneaked further into the hotel, intend on finding Doom's secret meeting.

The above utilized 2 baby dragon racials. If sneaking away needs a roll [17 + 7 Stealth = 24] but I assume the smoke cover provides some extra bonus?

Dextor successfully sneaks away from the panicking Greasy Spoon and the more collected Barabus (who searches for the flames in vain).

Dextor makes it into the hall, where several doors await him. Before he can choose one, however, one of them opens. A whip lashes out and wraps around Dextor's arm several times, at which point the wielder of the whip attempts to pull Dextor into the room before he can figure out what's going on.

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Perception Check to see if notice any smoke or anything

Roll(1d20)+8:
10,+8
Total:18

Cheese sees the smoke quite well; it's really hard to miss. He also hears a call of "DIZTY, what did you DO?" and "It wasn't me this time!", as does Zebulon.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm

"Smells like smoke. Looks like smoke. The hotel!"

Cheese runs off to the roach hotel.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Zebulon follows Cheese to the smoking hotel.

I could have Zeb rush in and ruin the meeting with Doom and the Wrecking Crew, but 1. You let me do the jam thing and 2. I want to see where this goes.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 pm

In a shady motel, a baby dragon gets dragged into a room, against his will, by a leather whip. Yeah, this is going to akin to the whole Pearl Necklace debacle, no?"

Anyway, instead of trying to resist the pull, Dextor actively jumps towards the one holding the whip, catching him/her/it by surprise and punch him/her/it in the face.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon follows Cheese to the smoking hotel.

I could have Zeb rush in and ruin the meeting with Doom and the Wrecking Crew, but 1. You let me do the jam thing and 2. I want to see where this goes.

As Zebulon, Cheese Wheel, and Blackhawk get to the hotel, Greasy Spoon tumbles out, hyperventilating and gasping something incoherent. Barabus follows him out, much more calmly. "I can't find the fire," he informs them, "so I got out. Before Spoon went... like that..." He gestures at Spoon, who's assumed a fetal position. "...he told me that there shouldn't be anyone else in there except Dextor. I dunno where he went."

Demonu wrote:In a shady motel, a baby dragon gets dragged into a room, against his will, by a leather whip. Yeah, this is going to akin to the whole Pearl Necklace debacle, no?"

Anyway, instead of trying to resist the pull, Dextor actively jumps towards the one holding the whip, catching him/her/it by surprise and punch him/her/it in the face.

The perpetrator, a female Earth Pony with a black coat and mane, drops to the ground while retrieving the whip, allowing Dextor to sail over her and crash into the wall.

"You couldn't have left them behind?" she hissed, getting up and glaring at the baby dragon with green eyes that look strangely catlike. "Doom doesn't appreciate more people meddling in his business!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Let's make one more flyover, give Looker some time to eat his meal.
Spoiler:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Quietkal wrote:Let's make one more flyover, give Looker some time to eat his meal.
Spoiler:
Dang, with Derp that's a crit fail. Take comfort in the "Crit-failed once" corner with me.

Zebulon checks to see if anything else is wrong with Greasy Spoon (besides hyperventilation).

Perception Check: 1d20(7)+8+1 = 16

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 pm

I'll take it that said Earth Pony is Madame Hydra/Viper? Cool

'Okay Dextor, you're dealing with supervillains here. Time to show them that you're smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies'

Dextor stood up and casually, or what he perceived to be casually after being smashed into a wall, wiped his scales clean of the dust and looked up to the earth pony mare.

"Listen lady, if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it." Dextor walked over and looked her straight in the eyes. Those green, beautiful, lizard like eyes...

'FOCUS MAN!'

"And do I look like somepony who can take down a minotaur, hippogriff, zebra and earth pony by myself?" Dextor backed off a little bit. "Trickery and deceit it is until I can gobble up a pony in 1 bite. So do me a favor and lay on me."

Dextor mentally facepalmed himself. "I mean lay off me!"

Do I need to roll Perception to look around the room or do we just go from here?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Blackhawk's eye widened as time finally began to stand still for just a moment.. "Dextor's still in there?! We gotta..."

He stopped suddenly, recognizing that what he was about to suggest was going to sound utterly inane. With a swallow and two deep breaths, the hippogriff focused, steadying himself. Tick. Tock. It wasn't easy to thank rationally after that much fire and destruction. Tick. Tock. And who knew how those mushrooms were going to react to a fire this big? Tick. And then, of course, there was the entire reason the group came here in the first place. Tock.

And then there was

Tick

There was

Tock

Blackhawk breathed out with a significant amount of effort and turned to his teammates. "Right, of course, dragons are fireproof. Dex should be fine, right?" He pawed at the ground. "'Sept I dunno if that immunity covers smoke inhalation...it should, right? I mean, dragons breathe out fire n' smoke, you'd think they'd breathe it in just fine, huh? But then again, you know, you never know what's gonna be around the corner in a city like this, I mean...that vigilante's respondin' to somethin', right? And then the mushrooms didn't look safe; with all that fire around, Dex could..."

There was a long silence. This event was, to be frank, affecting Blackhawk more than it had any right to.

"He's okay, right?" the worried wingman finally asked, some sort of faraway look in his eyes.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 pm

"I've...got no idea. Hold on, let me think."

Cheese lightly taps his left forehoof to his head.

OOC:Healing Check to figure out whether Dextor would be affected by smoke inhalation.
Roll(1d20)+10:
2,+10
Total:12

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Quietkal wrote:Let's make one more flyover, give Looker some time to eat his meal.
Spoiler:

[Based on the critical failure...]

As Kal looks around the town again, a crow feather flies into his eye and then, through some improbable freak wind, flies away and then back into his other eye. While this doesn't deal any lasting damage, it hurts like Tartarus. Kal won't be seeing much for the next couple of minutes.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Spoiler:
Dang, with Derp that's a crit fail. Take comfort in the "Crit-failed once" corner with me.

Zebulon checks to see if anything else is wrong with Greasy Spoon (besides hyperventilation).

Perception Check: 1d20(7)+8+1 = 16

Greasy Spoon has inhaled some smoke, but not a whole lot.

Demonu wrote:I'll take it that said Earth Pony is Madame Hydra/Viper? Cool

'Okay Dextor, you're dealing with supervillains here. Time to show them that you're smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies'

Dextor stood up and casually, or what he perceived to be casually after being smashed into a wall, wiped his scales clean of the dust and looked up to the earth pony mare.

"Listen lady, if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it." Dextor walked over and looked her straight in the eyes. Those green, beautiful, lizard like eyes...

'FOCUS MAN!'

"And do I look like somepony who can take down a minotaur, hippogriff, zebra and earth pony by myself?" Dextor backed off a little bit. "Trickery and deceit it is until I can gobble up a pony in 1 bite. So do me a favor and lay on me."

Dextor mentally facepalmed himself. "I mean lay off me!"

Do I need to roll Perception to look around the room or do we just go from here?

[Perhaps. Perhaps not. You'll see. Twisted Evil You can roll Perception if you want, but I won't enforce it.]

The Earth Pony smirked at his Freudian slip, but chose not to comment. "I suppose you did manage to keep them all diverted for long enough to find me, although how you were going to explain your longer absence for the meeting I don't know." Her smirk widened. "In any event, you have passed the initial test of loyalty. The real meeting will be held at Doom's room in an hour. Don't be late."

Cardbo wrote:"I've...got no idea. Hold on, let me think."

Cheese lightly taps his left forehoof to his head.

OOC:Healing Check to figure out whether Dextor would be affected by smoke inhalation.
Roll(1d20)+10:
2,+10
Total:12

[Cheese has no idea if that's the case.]

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 pm

The Earth Pony smirked at his Freudian slip, but chose not to comment. "I suppose you did manage to keep them all diverted for long enough to find me, although how you were going to explain your longer absence for the meeting I don't know." Her smirk widened. "In any event, you have passed the initial test of loyalty. The real meeting will be held at Doom's room in an hour. Don't be late."
"It's a date!" Dextor exclaimed before his brain jumpstarted and connected the words he just said with what they implied. Needless to say, he facepalmed himself again but this time, added the fysical gesture to the mental image.

"You know what I mean!" Dextor turned his head to look around the room.* "Let me worry about those details."

Dextor turned around and faced the window. "Villain exit, stage left."

He opened the window, walked back a couple of steps and then proceeded to run full force towards the window, jumped up and went flying out of the window. Of course, the brilliance of this plan had not accounted for how high he would be from the ground up...

*I assume just looking around doesn't need a Perception check but in case it does [2 + 7 Perception = 9]
With Derp or this context, that probably means I'm too mesmerized by the earth pony's eyes to actually see something.

Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Zebulon thought on Greasy Spoon's condition. Minor smoke inhalation and hyperventilation by themselves wouldn't be dangerous, but smoke inhalation needs to be treated with oxygen, and hyperventilation is preventing it from getting to the cells. Obviously this hyperventilation has been caused by anxiety, for which the cure is a few days of benzo sedatives, but Zebulon doesn't have the time for that. Oxygen was necessary.

"Get the mushrooms out now from the hotel," said Zebulon. "We don't want them to burn in Tartarus. For now I need to treat Greasy Spoon - if I do not, his cells will die, and soon!"

Zebulon hurriedly drags Greasy Spoon away from the smoky hotel, pulls out an emergency oxygen tank, places the oxygen mask on Greasy Spoon's face, and starts pumping oxygen, hoping to get the smoke out of his system and get his breathing back to normal. While thinking on smoke inhalation, Zebulon thought on Dextor and what he knew about dragon anatomy - could the smoke hurt him?

Bridle Gossip to heal Greasy Spoon again -

Spoiler:

And another Heal check to determine whether Dextor would be affected by smoke inhalation -

Spoiler:
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Demonu wrote:
"It's a date!" Dextor exclaimed before his brain jumpstarted and connected the words he just said with what they implied. Needless to say, he facepalmed himself again but this time, added the fysical gesture to the mental image.

"You know what I mean!" Dextor turned his head to look around the room.* "Let me worry about those details."

Dextor turned around and faced the window. "Villain exit, stage left."

He opened the window, walked back a couple of steps and then proceeded to run full force towards the window, jumped up and went flying out of the window. Of course, the brilliance of this plan had not accounted for how high he would be from the ground up...

*I assume just looking around doesn't need a Perception check but in case it does [2 + 7 Perception = 9]
With Derp or this context, that probably means I'm too mesmerized by the earth pony's eyes to actually see something.

[Dextor's look around the room nets him nothing other than the vague possibility that it's a room. Because he was so distracted by the Earth Pony's eyes, naturally.]

The Earth Pony sighs as Dextor crashes out the window. "Way to be stealthy," she mutters as she darts out of the room to make her exit elsewhere.

Fortunately for Dextor, he was on the first floor, so that exit actually worked fairly well. He was alone on this side, save for a couple of fillies that were gawking at the building until Dextor crashed through the window.

"Eeek! A dragon!" they yelled in unison, fleeing away from Dextor.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:

[Blackhawk doesn't think dragons are affected by smoke, but he's not sure.]

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon thought on Greasy Spoon's condition. Minor smoke inhalation and hyperventilation by themselves wouldn't be dangerous, but smoke inhalation needs to be treated with oxygen, and hyperventilation is preventing it from getting to the cells. Obviously this hyperventilation has been caused by anxiety, for which the cure is a few days of benzo sedatives, but Zebulon doesn't have the time for that. Oxygen was necessary.

"Get the mushrooms out now from the hotel," said Zebulon. "We don't want them to burn in Tartarus. For now I need to treat Greasy Spoon - if I do not, his cells will die, and soon!"

Zebulon hurriedly drags Greasy Spoon away from the smoky hotel, pulls out an emergency oxygen tank, places the oxygen mask on Greasy Spoon's face, and starts pumping oxygen, hoping to get the smoke out of his system and get his breathing back to normal. While thinking on smoke inhalation, Zebulon thought on Dextor and what he knew about dragon anatomy - could the smoke hurt him?

Bridle Gossip to heal Greasy Spoon again -

Spoiler:

And another Heal check to determine whether Dextor would be affected by smoke inhalation -

Spoiler:

[Not only is Zebulon sure that Dextor would not be affected by smoke inhalation, Zebulon knows a whole host of reasons why the exact opposite is the case. Smoke stimulates their flame generation capabilities, toughens their lungs, and smells really good to dragons.]

Zebulon's expert hooves get Greasy Spoon to start breathing normally, getting the oxygen to the cells.

"Guess that's two I owe you, huh zebra?" he mumbles.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm

"'Tis naught but my duty as a doctor," said Zebulon.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"'Tis naught but my duty as a doctor," said Zebulon.

"Still," he insisted. "If you ever need an'thing, come to me. I owe you."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

"Much obliged, my manager'ial friend," said Zebulon, shutting off the oxygen now that Greasy Spoon is healthy enough to breathe on his own.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Much obliged, my manager'ial friend," said Zebulon, shutting off the oxygen now that Greasy Spoon is healthy enough to breathe on his own.

"Really, it's no problem," he insisted, still lying on the ground. "...now tell me, how bad is the damage?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:59 pm

"To you? Relaxation will do you well," said Zebulon. "But I'm afraid I know not the motel."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"To you? Relaxation will do you well," said Zebulon. "But I'm afraid I know not the motel."

"It better not burn down on me," he said as fiercely as he could. "It may be full of cockroachs and weirdo murder mushrooms, but it's my place, dang it!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next