Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

0 pip cost Talents

3 posters

Go down

0 pip cost Talents Empty 0 pip cost Talents

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:08 am

Well I recall once there being a talk of trying to build a character with the dumb idea of having all zero pip cost skills... Yet there aren't enough to do that. So I thought to try and help fix that by starting up try and think up more zero pip costing talents? I mean how hard can it be?

[+0] Band-aid
Choose effect:
1) Target ally gains 2d8 HP
2) All Allies gain 2d6 HP

(Edited for a new idea to run with... Hope it's balanced.)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

0 pip cost Talents Empty Re: 0 pip cost Talents

Post  SilentBelle Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Oh, 0 pip moves are awesome. Though bandaid would have to be much better. For zero pips, the heal should average about 9 or 10 Hp or heal multiple targets. I'd toss it up to 2d8 maybe, two chances to activate a special. Use the 1d10 + 3 HP (which is a +1 pip move) as reference. I definitely want to see more 0 pip moves though.

I just thought of a neat ability, and it's a summon to boot.

[0] Ponysona
When using this combat talent you must pay X life, where X is 1 or greater
You summon a Ponysona of yourself with the following stat block

Ponysona - 1 HP 0 Pips Resistance X/2 (rounded down)
Trait - Fragile
The Ponysona cannot gain pips
Trait - Like a Mirror
The Ponysona has access to all the combat talents that the user has brought into combat

I hope to see more 0 pip talents Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Three new ideas:

[+0] Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
Flip a coin:
(Heads): Target Ally (or self) gains +2 pips
(Tails): Damage enemy for 1d8 and enemy is weakened (save ends)

[+0] Magic Die
Roll 1d6 to decide what this talent does:
1) Flip a coin if won make 1d8 self damage if lost whole party gets 1d8 damage
2) Flip a coin if won give 1d4 resist to any ally (or self) if lost give 1d4 vulnerability to ally (or self)
3) Flip a coin if won give +3 pips to target ally (or self) if lost target ally (or self) loses three pips
4) Target ally (or self) gains 1d4-1 pips
5) Everyone gains 1d4 resist/vulnerability (Allies and Self get resist, Enemies get vulnerability) and is harmed for 1d8 damage
6) Choose one:
6a) One Target Enemy is harmed 2d12 damage
6b) Whole Enemy Party is harmed 3d10 damage

(This is meant to have crazy and powerful effects the higher your first die roll but you have no idea what you get, if any of it seems a bit too powerful any suggestions to better balance it is welcomed. But I think I've got it really balanced as is...)

I'm going to somehow split this talent into three different talents... Just gotta figure out what "three" are there in here first.

[+0] Duct Tape of Healing (Inspired by Nodwick.)
Make healing that gets better the more damaged the Ally is.
Non-Bloodied: Heal ally for 1d8
Bloodied Ally: Heal for 2d10+3
Ally with 5 or less HP: Heal for 3d12+6 (Anything that'd heal for over the max 30HP also gives Temporary HP equal to whatever the extra healing is.)
KOed Ally: Make a Saving Throw to heal ally for 3d4+2(?) HP
Killed Ally: Make a Healing Skill Check to Revive Ally for 1d12+9 HP and flip a coin if won ally's pips is reset to 4, if lost revived ally pip count is 0.

(Now that I think about this The Duct Tape might be a bit OP... Maybe it shouldn't be able to crit at all? Or is the fact that it'd be rarer for each of it's greater powers to pop up make it fair? Or will it need to use PiPs for it's more powerful skills? (I've put suggestions for the three I think might need pip costs...) I'm very unsure, but I'd like very much for it to not need to use ANY pips as much as possible given the topic of this thread... Also I think Ideally the KOed/Killed Ally skils shouldn't crit, but I wanta hear what you all think.)

EDIT: Take SilentBelle's version of this... It's way better in my option. And when I think about it, this is more fitting to be in the Crazytown ideas.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:25 pm

I don't think the Crit thing will be a major problem- these are obviously for a healer build, and any decent healer will have a healer Special, which means any crits made during this will add extra healing, and half the time will be redundant. The biggest exploit I see is that a Player might count on his Special firing in order to do ANY damage, and in that case this is actually a brilliant combo. And since Duct Tape requires allies to be hurt, it means there won't be a lot of exploitation during first or second round turns. I think that means it has playable balance.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 pm

That's great to hear, I'll then remove all the stuff about crits and pip costs then. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Three new ideas:

[+0] Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
Flip a coin:
(Heads): Target Ally (or self) gains +2 pips
(Tails): Damage enemy for 1d8 and enemy is weakened (save ends)

[+0] Magic Die
Roll 1d6 to decide what this talent does:
1) Flip a coin if won make 1d8 self damage if lost whole party gets 1d8 damage
2) Flip a coin if won give 1d4 resist to any ally (or self) if lost give 1d4 vulnerability to ally (or self)
3) Flip a coin if won give +3 pips to target ally (or self) if lost target ally (or self) loses three pips
4) Target ally (or self) gains 1d4-1 pips
5) Everyone gains 1d4 resist/vulnerability (Allies and Self get resist, Enemies get vulnerability) and is harmed for 1d8 damage
6) Choose one:
6a) One Target Enemy is harmed 2d12 damage
6b) Whole Enemy Party is harmed 3d10 damage

(This is meant to have crazy and powerful effects the higher your first die roll but you have no idea what you get, if any of it seems a bit too powerful any suggestions to better balance it is welcomed. But I think I've got it really balanced as is...)

[+0] Duct Tape of Healing (Inspired by Nodwick.)
Make healing that gets better the more damaged the Ally is.
Non-Bloodied: Heal ally for 1d8
Bloodied Ally: Heal for 2d10+3
Ally with 5 or less HP: Heal for 3d12+6 (Anything that'd heal for over the max 30HP also gives Temporary HP equal to whatever the extra healing is.)
KOed Ally: Make a Saving Throw to heal ally for 3d4+2(?) HP
Killed Ally: Make a Healing Skill Check to Revive Ally for 1d12+9 HP and flip a coin if won ally's pips is reset to 4, if lost revived ally pip count is 0.

(Now that I think about this The Duct Tape might be a bit OP... Maybe it shouldn't be able to crit at all? Or is the fact that it'd be rarer for each of it's greater powers to pop up make it fair? Or will it need to use PiPs for it's more powerful skills? (I've put suggestions for the three I think might need pip costs...) I'm very unsure, but I'd like very much for it to not need to use ANY pips as much as possible given the topic of this thread... Also I think Ideally the KOed/Killed Ally skils shouldn't crit, but I wanta hear what you all think.)

I love the first one, I think it's pretty awesome.

The magic die does too much. It's almost like having two or three moves all in one.

And the Duct Tape isn't as much OP as it is imbalanced in it's different effects. Though I enjoy the idea of a scaling healing talent. Just remember that when a pony is killed, they are killed. So a combat talent shouldn't bring 'em back. There might be some higher level destiny that can do that for you, but not a combat talent.

My suggestion for the tape is as such (feel free to use it if you want):

[0] Duct Tape of Vigor
Target ally gains 2 pips
If the target is bloodied also gain 1d8 temporary hit points
If target is unconscious, heal 1d8 hit points

This way you can help out at all points, and it would make a decent resurrection spell that brings 'em back with two pips.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:18 am

Well I was impired by a Piffany's Duct Tape from Nodwick while making that combat skill... (IE: It's used mosty to just bring Nodwick the minion back to life and other major healings.) So it was built with that in mind. Forgot dead is mostly dead in pony land while I was making that talent. Your version is a LOT better then mine.

And I see your point about the Die... Didn't see that until you brought it up. Was ment to be random and I think I made it a little too random. What "three" moves do you see in it? Maybe we can fix it by just splitting the three powers it's got into three different [+0] pip skills?

Also thanks about the "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose" talent comment... I really liked naming that one. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am

Here's an attack that also has two desperation attack effects that I personally really like. Also I enjoy the Cast from HP option this has too. Hope you all like this one as much as I do.

[+0] Happiness Punch!
This attack does Xd8 damage to Target Enemy where X equals every two pip's or HP spent into this attack. (Max pip cost is 7 and max HP cost is 9. Min Cost is 2...) Also this attack does an extra 1d4 damage if you spend an odd number of PiPs or HP. If spent more then 7 HP for this attack you are also stunted. (save ends) Also if this attack does a self-KO this attack damages all enemies and if the KO-HP spent is less then 7 (Meaning if you spend 7 HP and get a self-KO it only does 3d8+1d4 damage.) this attack deals 3d12+6 damage to all enemies. (note: Even if you make a Self Healing Crit or something this attack will ALWAYS do a self-KO if you spend the HP needed that sends you to zero.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Here's the magic dice skills having spit the first Magic Die idea into three different skills I hope they seem balanced and any improvements to their wording or stats is greatly welcomed:

[+0] Magic Die of Armor
Choose an Ally (or self) then roll 1d6 to decide what this talent does:
1) Give 1d4 vulnerability to target ally (or self)
2-5) Flip a Coin, if won: Give X-1 (where X is the d6 number you got) Resist to target Ally (or self) if lost: damage random party member with 1d8 damage
6) Everyone gains 1d4 resist/vulnerability (Allies and Self get resist, Enemies get vulnerability) and is harmed for 1d8 damage

[+0] Magic Die of Power
Choose an Ally (or self) then roll 1d6 to decide what this talent does:
1) Target ally (or self) loses five pips
2-5) Target ally (or self) gains 1d4-2 pips (PiPs given are from -1 to 2.)
6) Target ally (or self) gains five pips

[+0] Magic Dice of Harming! [3/battle]
Choose an Enemy then roll 2d6 to decide what this talent does (only ONE of these effects are triggered and this talent CANNOT KO or Kill, it does zero damage to any target that it might do such a thing to.):
Snake Eyes (two 1s): Flip a coin if won make 1d12 self damage if lost whole party gets 1d12 damage
Doubles (2s or 3s): Whole Party get's 1d10 damage
Roll<7: 1d8 self-damage and if you roll a one reroll and whole party gets 1d8 damage (You also get the first d8's 1 point of self-damage.)
7: Target Enemy get's 1d8+7 damage
Roll>7: Target Enemy get's 1d10+7 damage
Doubles (4s or 5s): Flip a Coin if won: You may choose to have the Whole Enemy Party get's 2d10 damage, if lost: Target Enemy get's 1d12+7 damage
Boxcars (two 6s) Choose one:
a) Target Enemy is harmed 2d12+1d6 damage
b) Whole Enemy Party is harmed 2d10+1d4 damage

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Two new odd ideas I've come up with... I wonder what you all think. Also edited my Dice of Harming above to not be able to kill or KO.

[+0] Harming Help
Target one ally or self, target is harmed 1d8 damaged and then you choose one:
1) Target gains 2X Temporary HP, where X is the damage done to target from this move.
2) Spend 4 PiPs for the Target to gain Regeneration X/2 (rounding up) and 1d4 resist for the next four rounds.

[+0] Self-Harmful Healing
Spend an Even number of HP (max 12 HP) to heal target ally 1 HP for every 2 HP spent on this move and give said ally 1dX (where X is the HP spent for this talent) Temporary HP. Also you spend your next turn to roll 1dX to do self-healing.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Here's a Zero PiP summons that gives pips to allies.

[+0] Conjure Pipxie
Conjure an allied Pipxie. It has the following stat block.

Pipxie - 1 HP
Trait - Small & Timid
The Pipxie cannot make a move until it's second move and when attacked it roll a saving throw, it it make it the Pipxie takes no damage.
[+0] Talent - All Give No Take
Pipxie spends 1 HP to give target ally 1d4+1 pips.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Here's a Zero PiP summons that gives pips to allies.

[+0] Conjure Pipxie
Conjure an allied Pipxie. It has the following stat block.

Pipxie - 1 HP
Trait - Small & Timid
The Pipxie cannot make a move until it's second move and when attacked it roll a saving throw, it it make it the Pipxie takes no damage.
[+0] Talent - All Give No Take
Pipxie spends 1 HP to give target ally 1d4 pips.

Wow, I haven't been on this forum for a few days now, time to make a few comments.

I think this pipxie is not good enough, solely by the merit that it's a 1 use move that can only be used once. I'd say either pump the amount of pips it gives to 1d4 + 1 or make it so it can act right away (although I do really like the flavour of it being timid).
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:39 pm

SilentBelle wrote:Wow, I haven't been on this forum for a few days now, time to make a few comments.

I think this pipxie is not good enough, solely by the merit that it's a 1 use move that can only be used once. I'd say either pump the amount of pips it gives to 1d4 + 1 or make it so it can act right away (although I do really like the flavour of it being timid).
Because I really like the timid flavor too, I've upped it's pip count give to what you suggested.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Another new idea this one is helping reduce harm to an ally but you take that damage yourself, not sure if I got great wording here, help needed.

[0] In Harms Way - Combat Interrupt
Trigger - An ally is harmed by an attack
Roll Xd4 dice to take said damage from target ally and take that damage for yourself. X equals the number of dice rolled for the attack. You can spend two pips to bump up the damage taken from the attack to Xd6. And unless the roll for self-damage is greater then half of the original attack's power, the ally takes half of the total damage for the attack.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:36 pm

[0] Getting My Second Wind - Free Action 1/battle
Trigger - You or An Ally is brought down to 0 HP
Roll a Saving Throw, if won target party member is healed X+2 HP where X is the number rolled on the d20. Also for the rest of the battle Target Ally rolls +1d6 extra power for their talents, and while Bloodied this extra power turns to +1d4 for the rolls.

[0] Power Boost!!! - Free Action
Trigger - You or An Ally rolls any die or dice for whatever non-pip gaining reason.
Flip a Coin, if lost you are now Stunned (Save Ends). If won, you may spend upto 3 pips to assest the roll +Xd4 where X equals the pips spent for this talent and then you are stunned for one turn.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down