Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations

+3
Xel Unknown
Brony 7 of 9
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations - Page 2 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 pm

"So that's a no, then. Good." Flashpoint addresses the others again. "Alright, so who wants to scope out the FAB party? It needs to be someone who can stay out of the way, but maintain a presence in case of trouble- preferably with a way to signal to overwatch if they need backup."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 pm

An eyetwitch at the older pegasus. Sometimes, somepony could just tell, even if they weren't exactly front-lines material. Especially then, actually; after all, grunts were good at grunting, but not much else. But it wouldn't be diplomatic to show it, so she keep her cheerful smile instead.

"Well that's markedly uphelpful." Ruby comments to Rarity, putting a giggle behind it to let her know she isn't serious. "So it's a bit of a search, with buildings so far apart that can't be hard from the sky, right Flushpoint?" A bit of pacing moves the younger pegasus to the window, to see the sun's movement.

"I agree to make the Spectral Patio, or nearby it, our meet-up spot.
" She turns and smiles to her counterpart. "That's where the FAB is meeting, your ears may need checking. A pony named Lyra is implied to be a big part of the demonstration, so be respectful if you meet her."

"We still need to figure out who to leave as signal-bearer and presence."
Ruby looks over the group assembled. The pegasi could cloud-form to get attention, but it was time-consuming. Dragons had fire, but that's a bit dangerous. An earth pony wasn't much in that regard either. Her gaze settles on the minotaur, but doesn't say anything.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 pm

"You... did hear the part where I said leaving each other's sight was a bad idea, didn't you?"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:54 pm

"We could come up with a secret code!" Handle grinned. "Y'know, 'The raven crows at midnight' and all that shiz?'"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 am

Ruby blushed. Luckily, such an act was completely invisible against her red coat. "Overwatch would always be in sight of the others. We're not that far out there in safety concerns. But just in case, why make it complicated? If you demand a password from me at any time, I'll say "Ruby Shining O.T.P.". That way we have one more barrier to a changeling replacing me." A giggle. "Unless I already am one. Oooooh." The pegasus waved her hands in a ghostly and totally scary wave.

"You're the C.O. here though, far as I know, and easily the most experienced dealing with 'lings. I was knocked out when they attacked, pretty early in the fray, but you saw everything. What do you think?" Ruby asked Rarity once her antics were finished.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 am

Flashpoint listened to Ruby's remarks, slightly disarmed. She was falling in line much without as much arguing as he expected, at least at first. Maybe there wouldn't be too much to argue about, if she could echo orders like a senior NCO all the time. An admirable quality for a 2IC. He could have been stuck with worse.

Of course, he wasn't going to tell her that.

"That's true, you are giving the orders, ma'am." Flashpoint affirms Ruby's statement. "So it's up to you. But if you, don't mind some strategic advice..."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:45 am

"Why does everypony think this is a military operation?" Rarity muttered to herself. "I am not the commanding officer, because in this organization there is no such thing! That's the department of the LID and EARS. I appreciate that you two are former guards but attempting to rope me into some mimicry of enlisted chains of command is only going to end badly for all of us. You are supposed to operate somewhat independently, not stand around waiting for me to order you! Otherwise, if I got replaced things could become very unfashionable very quickly. I'm just here to give you assignments and file reports. Now if you soldiers are done with your pretty little marching will you please leave my shop and get on with it?"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am

Masterweaver wrote:"I'm just here to give you assignments and file reports. Now if you soldiers are done with your pretty little marching will you please leave my shop and get on with it?"
Ember didn't want to bother the scary unicorn lady any more than she had to, so she simply murmured "I'll look for Scooter" and headed for the exit.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

"I guess we'll just walk and talk..." Chain Link commments as he starts to leave. "Personally I think it'll be best if me and somebody heads to that FAB thing we'll stay in no less than pairs of two or three..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:49 pm

"Sorry Ma'am." Ruby said sheepishly. (Sheep aren't sheepish, how did THAT saying begin?) "I guess I got a bit too into it again. I apologize if I stained the reputation of my tribe by being presumptive and brash. I'll owe you some tea when we're done this bit. Now let's go help a filly!"

Without further a due, she spread her wings and shot through the door just as Chain Link opened it. Whether from eagerness to aid or to escape an embarrassing situation, no one would ever know. Except everyone. It was clearly the latter, since she then waited just outside line of sight from the windows of the Boutique for the rest of the group. 'Big guy can see me, I'm not breaking any rules yet.'
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Handle gave another salute to the white unicorn before following her comrades out the door. "If anything, maybe we should scout first, and then go around to what we decide on."
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Flashpoint looked on nonchalantly as the others vacated the shop. Before doing so himself, he turned back to the fuming Unicorn, and before she could say anything, he snapped to attention and saluted as well. "Roger that ma'am, orders received." He said grinning, before taking off after the others.

Outside, he took to the air, surveying the immediate area- specifically looking for the Patio and for Scootaloo- or at least, a so called "trail of destruction" that would lead to her.

Perception roll: 14+10 (+3 for minotaur training bonus?)= 24 (or 27)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:10 pm

"Don't worry ma'am we'll make sure your sister's friend is ok."
The earth pony wanders outside and starts instructing Flashpoint on probably places where a trail of destruction may be.
Streetwise
Roll(1d20)+12:
6,+12
Total:18
and starts rambling about the history of cobblestones...most of which is made up on the spot.

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Bronymous wrote:Perception roll: 14+10 (+3 for minotaur training bonus?)= 24 (or 27)

Flashpoint's well trained and battle-honed instincts inform him that the most probable direction of Scootaloo and her friends is the path of toppled mailboxes and groaning ponies. Just a hunch, though.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:01 pm

"OK, Minotaur and Baby Dragon, you two head to the FAB meeting. Between the two of you, I'm sure you'll be able to either keep the peace, or figure out a way to signal for help. Ruby, you take the others that way," he points in the direction of the child-based devastation, "and follow the trail to the filly. I'll do my best to keep line of sight with both groups." With that he takes off again.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Bronymous wrote:"OK, Minotaur and Baby Dragon, you two head to the FAB meeting. Between the two of you, I'm sure you'll be able to either keep the peace, or figure out a way to signal for help. Ruby, you take the others that way,"
This is because of my hands isn't it

Ruby would really have rather gone after Skeeter, but apparently this pegasus led the group, so she merely stuck close tot he minotaur and nodded.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Bronymous wrote:"OK, Minotaur and Baby Dragon, you two head to the FAB meeting. Between the two of you, I'm sure you'll be able to either keep the peace, or figure out a way to signal for help. Ruby, you take the others that way," he points in the direction of the child-based devastation, "and follow the trail to the filly. I'll do my best to keep line of sight with both groups." With that he takes off again.
"OUR NAMES ARE CHAIN LINK AND EMBER!!!" The Minotaur calls out to the Pegasus as he flies off, next he looked to the Baby Dragon. "Well... Shall we?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"OUR NAMES ARE CHAIN LINK AND EMBER!!!" The Minotaur calls out to the Pegasus as he flies off, next he looked to the Baby Dragon. "Well... Shall we?"
"Okeedokee... I'm... I'm following you, mister Link..."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Okeedokee... I'm... I'm following you, mister Link..."
And Chain Link nods to the Baby Dragon and leads the way to the FAB event...

(Streetwise: d20 = 20 (crit!) + 9 + 1 (baby dragon awesomeness) = 30)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:13 am

"I see no issue with this arrangement." Ruby nodded to the Overwatch. She had a suspicion this arrangement was going to come back to bite them, but shook off such a silly feeling. After all, it was some childish pranksters and some crazy but well-intentioned locals, what could go wrong? The mental facehoof was almost loud enough to be heard by non-psychics. She HAD to think that, didn't she? Just check that Overwatch stays in sight every, say, twenty seconds or so, and be ready for a quick retreat.

The trail was clear, the orders set, the roles given. So as Ruby began to walk down the road (not like they were in too much of a hurry), one thought nagged at her. 'How in the world are we supposed to approach a youngster and tell them ponies suspect they're a changeling?'

[ooc](Don't forget the +1 for having a baby dragon nearby, Chain Link.)[/ooc]

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 am

Handle looked at the commanding pegasus for a moment, before turning to follow Ruby. "So, um... You seem like a smart filly, think this'll go well?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 am

Ruby Shield gives Handle her most game smile. "Not a chance. Regardless of our actions I expect we'll scare the kids, they'll scatter, and we'll get an angry marshmallowy unicorn on our heels for startling her younger sister's group of friends." She informs cheerfully.

Before a complaint arises, though, she continues, still smiling. "Remember, our job is twofold. One is to determine whether or not Scootabuse is a changeling. But the other, which seems more important in the request, is to make sure that its clear we're investigating this, so that groups which aren't... very friendly in their approach don't try torturing the foal in a witch-hunt to find changelings. And do that without informing the tyke that we're investigating her. We're guards here, both senses of the word: Protecting order, and protecting citizens."

The pegasus shrugs. It's like her smile is just in acceptance of an inevitability of failure. "All that said? I can see no way to try to intuit whether she's a 'ling without ever knowing the girl. Rarity would have an easier time asking her younger sister to do it. So if you've got the slightest clue, you're ahead of the game here, and its better than what I've got."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 am

The earth pony thought for a moment. "I think we should ask the neighbors first. Give them some piece of mind and find out why we need to be investigating in the first place. For all we know, this is some huge misunderstanding."

She tapped her chin with her hoof. "Although, why would a changeling be imitating a little filly?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:19 pm

"Oh, that one's easy: Everypony loves foals, they're cute and easy to like even if they're mean. On top of it, if they act strange, most ponies would brush it off as a filly being silly." The pegasus shrugged once more. "And changelings consume love and drain it from those they're near, slowly killing them and really hurting innocents. A foal can hang around a bunch of different folks by being a "town child", so ponies don't notice the meanie around them sucking out their soul."

She puts a hoof to her mouth, tapping it. "For talking to neighbors? I like it. Makes sense. But we still need to meet with the filly too, to make sure she's okay."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm

((OH GEEZE I'm sorry I'm so late with this reply technical issues))

Chain Link and Ember find the gathering without much difficulty; it's being hosted in front of the Spectral Patio by a unicorn wearing false spring antennae.

"...and what I'm saying is, we deal with Griffons! We deal with minotaurs... heck, we've got a DRAGON living right here in PONYVILLE! Am I right Bonbon?"

"Yes dear," Bonbon sighs. "There is a young dragon living in Ponyville."

"THAT'S RIGHT! So, what makes changelings different? Is it the whole 'love feeding' thing? No, nu-uh. I'll tell you why we're all scared of changelings: Chrysalis. The queen. She's the one that invaded and gave changelings everywhere a bad name."

The unicorn points at Chain Link. "You! Way back when, some of your people would trap ponies in mazes and HUNT THEM DOWN FOR SPORT! Do you think you should be treated differently because of what they did?
---
In no time whatsoever, the three ponies catch up with three fillies, who are being berated by a gray pegasus with misalligned eyes.

"...and it's not about speed, it's about accuracy! Do you know how many letters you delivered to the wrong address? I don't know!"

"I think we got most of them in the right place!" protests the unicorn.

"Most of them. Right. And you knocked down the mailboxes too." The pegasus sighs, facehooving. "Look. I... I don't think you're cutie marks have anything to do with the postal service. I've seen a lot of things in my time, but the mailbox golem was... how did you even do that?"

"Well, ya see," the earth pony begins, "Ah took some gears and placed them so--"

"No. Just... not without the Doctor, I don't want you to explain without the doctor. I need a muffin..."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next