Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

+4
SubjectZ
The Warrior of Many Faces
RavenscroftRaven
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 12 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 am

feel free.

and you'll have to roll a new initiative for Land to join in.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 12 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:27 am

Sure.

Random number (1,20) : 11

Still at 15 hp, or at full hp, or somewhere between?

Lobber will enter combat on his initiative, I assume, not beforehand.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:29 am

Ok, I went. Xand, you are very much welcome. And also, LAND LOBBER HELLLLLP! Lemme know if I messed up anything.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:59 am

My last combat was full of really good rolls. I cannot guarantee a repeat performance. Plus, being at half-health or not might adjust his choice of actions.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:05 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:My last combat was full of really good rolls. I cannot guarantee a repeat performance. Plus, being at half-health or not might adjust his choice of actions.
I dont even care as long as we have another person to take hits and stuff! Plus, I'm a Doctor!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 am

You're the doc-tah?
Doctah hiew, exahctly?

And yes, you're right, you can heal, but I'm probably one of the few folks who will RP during combat, much to the chagrin of the Changeling Investigations group. Land Lobber will be a lot more cautious since technically, he didn't come to save you, he came to rob you. Very Happy

The only flaw in your post I could argue was the gasp. Dr. Doom was already conscious from the Green Lantern healing, as any magical healing heals as if from 0 hp, you don't need to climb out of the negatives, so while it was a very refreshing breeze for him (and safety blanket)... You don't normally dictate the actions of other PCs. NPCs are cool though. Beat them up.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:30 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:You're the doc-tah?
Doctah hiew, exahctly?

And yes, you're right, you can heal, but I'm probably one of the few folks who will RP during combat, much to the chagrin of the Changeling Investigations group. Land Lobber will be a lot more cautious since technically, he didn't come to save you, he came to rob you. Very Happy

The only flaw in your post I could argue was the gasp. Dr. Doom was already conscious from the Green Lantern healing, as any magical healing heals as if from 0 hp, you don't need to climb out of the negatives, so while it was a very refreshing breeze for him (and safety blanket)... You don't normally dictate the actions of other PCs. NPCs are cool though. Beat them up.
Ok, lemme fix that. I figured that might be a problem. My bad.
[P.S]: FIXED IT!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 am

Subjectz wrote:Ok, I went. Xand, you are very much welcome.

I IZ ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Thanks for that guys! It was definitely a team effort!

-I feel much better about getting blindsided by ta supa-mook now (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:55 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Subjectz wrote:Ok, I went. Xand, you are very much welcome.

I IZ ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Thanks for that guys! It was definitely a team effort!

-I feel much better about getting blindsided by ta supa-mook now (;
Hey, we insane unicorns gotta watch out for each other, right? Well, one mad one and one obsessed one, eh, same difference.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 am

as I recall, Lobber had restored some HP with his attack to 22 or 24? but yes, you move on your initiative, which 11 places you after ragnarok and torch I think.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 am

I checked back. 18hp. 11 init, go after the hippogriff, 4 pips...

Now I need to make an entrance that is both "party-friendly", and appropriate. Once the good archeologist performs their actions, of course. And then the whole party will be together! Happy day!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:I checked back. 18hp. 11 init, go after the hippogriff, 4 pips...

Now I need to make an entrance that is both "party-friendly", and appropriate. Once the good archeologist performs their actions, of course. And then the whole party will be together! Happy day!
Alright, time to make an entrance!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am

you realize that raven is off line at the moment...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am

tygerburningbright wrote:you realize that raven is off line at the moment...
Yeah, I'm just dramatic like that.
And by dramatic, I mean weird.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 pm

All fairness, I DO have the appearance of being on all the time, since I check in during the day once in a while.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:All fairness, I DO have the appearance of being on all the time, since I check in during the day once in a while.
Same here actually.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:12 pm

It's only a small bit per person if you split it up amongst you... He's not gouging in the slightest, it's actually downright reasonable since he has fun throwing ponies around.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Seems reasonable.

By the by, does anypony know where the new initiative order is? I'm having problems figuring out whose turn it is...

EDIT: I think I just completely undermined Ragnarok's attempts to haggle...
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Hah. I was going to start at 50, but minotaurs are not hagglers... And I seriously doubt this is the right time to practice it... Neutral
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:55 pm

the order of things (I think)

C1
Ragnarok
Healing Torch
Land Lobber
C2
C5
Halynn
C6
Doctor Death Ray (I think we skiped his turn...)

side note is Halynn closer to Hal Jorden as the name suggests or John Stewart as the backstory suggests?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Yeah, I believe you guys did skip my turn at some point in there... I'm confused as to exactly how it happened, but I do want to have Dr. Death Ray to get up eventually. I also want to activate my robot again.

I think you skipped one of my turns when Dr. D was at 0HP, but my bot could still activate... and I thought you'd wait for me to post...

Well, I know how we can fix this.

I DEMAND TWO ROBOT ACTIVATIONS THIS TURN! DOUBLE CHAIN GUN ALL THE WAY!!!!

-I won't be able to post until tonight though, so be patient with me please (:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

20-C1
12-Ragna
12-Torch
11-Lobber
8-C2
5-Halynn
4-C5
3-Dr. D
3-Dark Horse
1-C6

and no, we didn't skip any turns. this is the first round where this new initiative order is coming into play.

oldturn order
Dr.D merged combat and attacked with DH
Torch and Ragnarok attack knights.
Knight uses parry, two knights attack. surviving knight that goes after torch and ragna attacks
Halynn attacks with shield
Last knight attacks
new turn order started
first knight attacks
torch and ragna attack.
lobber enters combat.

the only way a turn could've been skipped is if you guys skipped an entire round of my knights responses while I was asleep.

Also, can I possibly get a description of how Ragna's special attack works? It's a curse right? Does she chant something? is there an evil spirit involved or some cloud of darkness? Are pests summoned to swarm like some kind of plague of egypt? how does she target it? what does it look like? Hard to RP a reaction to it when all I have is "you are now this"

Or do I have the liberty to just make something up?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Oooh, ooh, "make something up" is always fun!

Plagues of Egypt! Plagues of Egypt!

And you know, I bet these baddies will be smarter than the last bunch. Smile They're not going to pick a fight with someone who collects momentos of the slain... Right?

Same combat actions as last time for Lobber, by the by. Just assumed.

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 pm

We just negotiated in the middle of a fight. Seems Legit. Razz
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:53 pm

At a good discount, too. You guys got a good bargain. Only because Lobber thinks he can sell the swords and armor of the fallen as scrap metal does he offer such a reasonable deal.

...It was the only way I could see him joining into combat. And it is highly unlikely the green lantern will have to pay, since as soon as a ghost appears (which was promised), that's beyond reasonable he he will possibly refund the contract, depending on how things go up 'til then.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next