Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

+4
SubjectZ
The Warrior of Many Faces
RavenscroftRaven
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  XandZero2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 am

In response to Sub's question - Hellz yeah! BG was my favorite hero in the JLU show back when it was still airing. He was only in one episode as a main character, but that was one heck of an episode! I basically wanted to see what it'd be like if Dr. Horrible traded in his buddy Moist for Booster's bot.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  SubjectZ Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:16 am

YES, I BUCKING KNEW IT! HOW MANY POINTS DO I RECEIVE?!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 am

So, really, in-character we had no chance of getting more than a surprise round. Smile I like to act like Land Lobber is wiser than he lets on, but convincing the dragon to rush the royal guards would be well outside his knowledge. (Plus, they're "innocents", so he would be bound not to.)

Good to know for future that you will take the extra onus to invent terrain and environmental factors like that, though.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:45 am

I admit that I hadn't thought of exact ways for you guys in character to trick the dragon out there. Most I had was either convincing it to announce their king's return to the people, or somehow causing it to fall into the wall. Maybe with the old charge me and dodge trick or knocking it over somehow.

@Xand
Okay, I think I'll need to clarify a little on the using mechanics for other checks thing. I didn't mean every check! Wink And just building a new gadget for every skill check is kinda boring isn't it? I think a drill ray is going a little too far. There are other ways I can think of for you to use mechanics for this though.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Hey Doc, just so I know, how long will this whole "Room melting" be happening for? Like, how long will I have to maintain that forcefield?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

XandZero2 wrote:In response to Sub's question - Hellz yeah! BG was my favorite hero in the JLU show back when it was still airing. He was only in one episode as a main character, but that was one heck of an episode! I basically wanted to see what it'd be like if Dr. Horrible traded in his buddy Moist for Booster's bot.

...doh. How did I not notice the resemblence to Skeets? Derp. 9.6

Also:

XandZero2 wrote:He pulled out his Death Ray Banana-fana-fo-phaser Fee-fi-mo-maser laser...

What was I thinking?

Hahahahahahahaha! Ah, that's funny!
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:44 pm

I wanted to let everyone respond at least once.currently just giving Xand a chance to alter his post if he wants.

Not too long I figure, once it starts coming down.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:45 pm

So Doctor Death Ray is a hybrid of Doc Horrible and Booster Gold in a way? SO AWESOME!!! /)^3^(\
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

^Yeah, I know right?

I was just like, Cool + COOLER = DOUBLE RAINBOW MIND EXPLOSION OF EPIC AWESOMENESS!!!

Yeah. Cool

-And I can alter my post DB, it's just going to take me a little time, since I'm not in the best place to do it right now...

BTW - The Mining Drill Laser Ray's a no-go, huh? That's fine. I knew you had to reign in my munchkiny Mechanics use eventually... Though I'm not sure now how I can aid Land Lobber exactly... especially if I can't McGuiver something...

Should I just start digging through the ice with my bare hooves? But that seems so uncivilized...

Or can I do a scan for weakpoints in the ice's superstructure, then direct LL where to smack?

Give me some possibilities here, especially if you have something in mind I haven't mentioned. I need some direction here.

Melt the ice with a laser?

Blast it with high-explosives?

Do a little song and dance number (maybe something along the lines of "Ice, Ice, Baby" - or perhaps "Disco Inferno" would be more appopriate in this situation)?

^Note: That last bit was just me having fun, but yeah (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Ice, Ice, Baby would scare all the ice away... I bet...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:22 pm

So we build an A.I that nukes the world and builds robo-ponies? Seems legit.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 am

I'm pretty sure he means use the Dark Horse's chainguns on the wall.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:10 am

No he clearly means SEND DARK HORSE INTO THE PAST!!!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 am

And then melt it in a steel refinery... And then it comes back here covered in molten steel... And melts the ice around the exit!

You're a genius!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 am

^Yeah... yeah... That could work...

Only problem is, if I go with my current RP fluff, the Dark Horse needs time to recharge between activations. I wouldn't feel right just reactivating it at the drop of a hat (unless another fight broke out, that is).

Whatever the case, I edited my post. It's not as kewl as taking the Dark Horse back into the future and all, but DB gave me the okay for it, so... Yeah...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Are we waiting on anything still?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm

you're waiting for me to have a chance to really sit down and type. It's been a busy day.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:39 pm

I ROLLED MY FIRST NAT 20 ALL OF MY YAY
Also, I believe that's the DC30 we needed.
Also Also, is that roll ok with you DB?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 am

^Wow.

That's a Cutie Mark Crit too, right?

I don't know what to add to the IC thread right now after that, so I'm going to wait to see what everypony else does, or just wait for DB to respond. Either way.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 am

It's fine by me. I'm not certain if it's a cutie-mark crit or not since the skill he has set for CM is heal. What, in character, IS Torch's Cutie-mark for? Healing his friend's leg? Or lighting the way out of the cave?

Either way a crit is a crit but it's important to know so I can figure out how to treat it. In fact, I'd like to get an answer to that for everyone whose character has a cutie mark.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:54 am

No, not CMC, its not Healing.
Actually, I think I'm gonna swap that with Arcana, if thats all right DB, because thinking about it, his CM stands for lighting he way, the bastion of light and all that. So if you're ok with that, it IS a CMC.
I guess when I made Heal his CM, I was just thinking of the medic role, but Arcana makes more sense.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:20 am

Just so everpony knows, the Doctor's Cutie Mark is a Freeze Ray - his first invention - and it stands for his affinity for working with and building new technology.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 am

In-character, Halynn's CM represents her determination to protect everypony. Arcana represents that best because it can cover nearly every situation.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 am

Alright, DB says hes cool with my CM being in Arcana, AND it gets to apply to this, so... YES, THAT WAS A CMC, Sweeet! FIRST NAT 20 CMC YAY
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next