Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC)

+5
Doc pseudopolis
kajisora
elfowlgirl
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
9 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 am

Dam you! I took that element/virtue as well! Now one of us totally has to change... Cause it'd be better if we don't have multiable elements.

Edit: Also you seem to have misunderstood the whole system as intended, from some confustion with mixing the two systems like Ramsus is doing. You gotta buy the "cutie mark/expert skill" thing for your race.

Edit2: Last point of note... Why you have so many +pip moves, but nothing to spend it all on? Sure if you used challen mind that'd work, but you don't have that... Just seems like not a great combat build to me.

Last edited by Xel The Medic on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC)

Post  thematthew Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:46 am

thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 am

Xel The Medic wrote:Dam you! I took that element/virtue as well! Now one of us totally has to change... Cause it'd be better if we don't have multiable elements.

Edit: Also you seem to have misunderstood the whole system as intended, from some confustion with mixing the two systems like Ramsus is doing. You gotta buy the "cutie mark/expert skill" thing for your race.

Edit2: Last point of note... Why you have so many +pip moves, but nothing to spend it all on? Sure if you used challen mind that'd work, but you don't have that... Just seems like not a great combat build to me.

The rulebook for Living Legends says you automatically get an expert skill and that's what I went by.
I took those combat talents because it is in-character for Gnarl to have them.

EDIT:thematthew, I do believe you have one more Creational (for lack of a better term) point to spend. You should also have two more racial points to spend, according to Ramsus' first post.
EDITTWO: Actually, lemme check that math again...nope, you did everything right. Not sure if that error was my math skills, my eyes, my computer screen, or my glasses, but at least I can assign the probability of each of those things and list them in that order.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 am

thematthew wrote:Behold: Fallen Arches, the Pony That Should Not Be!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R-vLqKj2AG2EEi3tLyrMj3JMRjRMaGILT1Hm6NWCsjU/edit
I love this pony... I LOVE IT... And I don't know why...

But one thing I'd suggest changing is his special... Dazzling Performance works best when most of your combat dice rolls are d12s... But you didn't build your combat states to have ANY d12s to roll... So I'd suggest trading it in for something else.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:The rulebook for Living Legends says you automatically get an expert skill and that's what I went by.
I took those combat talents because it is in-character for Gnarl to have them.

EDIT:thematthew, I do believe you have one more Creational (for lack of a better term) point to spend. You should also have two more racial points to spend, according to Ramsus' first post.
While I do support making in-character choices, your character will be packing up the pips without anything to spend them on.

We're not playing "living legends" but my understanding is that we're more playing pony tales with Living Legend's virtues in place of the six pony tale's Elements, and we got 8 racial points to build characters with. LL gives you 5+CM and pony tale's build characters with just 6 points. But this game we've got 8 points to spend. That's what the first post should be saying last I checked. And from what I understand from my talks with Ramsus.

Edit: APW, I also don't get why you don't have a d12 move in there... It just strikes me as odd to have combat talents with just at most one for a d8 and d10...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:06 am

Huh.

Well, I can wait on Ramsus to confirm what you're saying, and then alter my character's racial traits once he does.

I recognize you want to help, but I have made my decision regards combat skills. That is what my character would have, and thus he has them. You will not be talking me out of following this path.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 am

Actually, the Dazzling Performance was an in character choice there. Also, I like the d10 special, it amuses me.

EDIT: To be fair, his special move is only done by 2 of his talents. He's really designed to be a major support fighter, you know like a team evil cheerleader.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 am

Right ok....

So, first off, the Fireborn as a Utility Talent thing. I'm cool with that, if you change your Virtue to something the party doesn't already have.

You don't get a free Expert Skill, that was the old style rules and we're using the Genetic Engineering 8 point rules where Expert Skills are optional. Also, you may want to take something so that your character can fit inside buildings. I think it's a really cool concept but, it'd be lame if you got left out of stuff because of your height. Alter Ego would be my initial suggestion for dealing with that. So yeah you'll probably want to change your racials up a bit.

I agree with Xel that your combat setup doesn't seem to make much sense. You may want to look at what the other PC's have and try and fill an unfilled niche of some kind. (I'm sitting in the doc's chat there in case you're still on and want my help with that.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:49 am

Appkes, notice you still don't have a combat build at all. If this is because you just didn't know what direction to take it, what the party currently lacks is buffs and could use more tanking and maybe a bit more healing/save granting.

Edit: Noticed you still have 2 of Leggo! and no Virtue/Element. If possible, I'd prefer it if you take one that nobody has yet (it's not mandatory though).
Edit 3: Untaken Virtues: Charity, Integrity, & Compassion.

Edit 2: You may (or may not, I dunno) be interested in the following Utility talents from the Jokers Canpaign Custom Stuff Document.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ramsus on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 am

Oh, I keep forgetting to mention to elfowgirl that I absolutely love your reindeer. However did you come up with such a creative idea?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 am

Jingle is absolutely adorable... I want to hug her.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 am

Dynamo will most likely just hug Jingle out of reflex of seeing the cute reindeer! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 am

Dynamo now has the Virtue: Indomitable. Just so you all know. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:15 am

Upgraded Dynamo's flight by giving her the racial: It's almost Like flying, and the flight utility. And that should be my final edit to my robotic pony... Until after the game starts.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks a lot guys ^.^

Also, my mom has insisted on putting Jingle on our holiday cards >.>

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Oh, I keep forgetting to mention to elfowgirl that I absolutely love your reindeer. However did you come up with such a creative idea?

Um, I was going to make something really deep and meaningful... But on the way to school it started snowing and I was thinking of Christmas songs... So then in my next class I started doodling Santa and some reindeer and I really loved the reindeer!

So now we have Jingle.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Ramsus wrote:Appkes, notice you still don't have a combat build at all. If this is because you just didn't know what direction to take it, what the party currently lacks is buffs and could use more tanking and maybe a bit more healing/save granting.

Edit: Noticed you still have 2 of Leggo! and no Virtue/Element. If possible, I'd prefer it if you take one that nobody has yet (it's not mandatory though).
Edit 3: Untaken Virtues: Charity, Integrity, & Compassion.

Edit 2: You may (or may not, I dunno) be interested in the following Utility talents from the Jokers Canpaign Custom Stuff Document.

I havent had a chance to edit since then.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Appkes (and everyone else really), do you have a skype or MSN account? I find it's sometimes easier to communicate quickly back and forth about certain things. (Also would facilitate the ease of the process if anyone decides to take some off screen actions or something.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 pm

I have skype, same name. I'm boring like that XD
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Skype muderifies my computer for some reason, so no. However, I've got a Steam account if IM is ever needed.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 pm

I might have a Skype (I'm not sure anymore) but I never use it.

I've got email (which I check constantly)...

I also have Steam.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 pm

I have neither.

So there goes that down the tubes.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Ramsus, can you give me a link to the LL doc for the virtues?

Also combat talents up.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Here you go: Living Legends

I'm sitting in your character sheet's chat if you want to talk.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes2 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:50 am

Character done, backstory left only

Appkes2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:11 am

The combat talents still seem as random and not particularly.... anything as it did before. But, hey, at least it has a name.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 pm

It's kind of a healer, but badly made and able to do other things too. Badly.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next