Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

+12
Yawnmon
Xel Unknown
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Grey Pen The Flawed
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
tygerburningbright
elfowlgirl
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
16 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 8 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  Caden2112 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:40 am

Well, until Jinx wears off I think my plan is 'try to avoid breaking my neck from constantly tripping.' It's like Brawl all over again.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 8 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:42 am

Given that Adam (number 28 ftw) was the only one not hit, and he's a pony with a healthy respect for sportsmanship, I'm going to take a moment to persuade the captain to restart the race. Or at the very list, pre-disqualify the thing that broke the rules in the opening seconds of the race. (Teleport is 25 seconds slower than Jinx, so I think Ramsus still got hit.)

Last edited by Z2 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:45 am

Same thing as Adam I guess. All the chaos is cheating and not nice.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 am

LoganAura wrote:Same thing as Adam I guess. All the chaos is cheating and not nice.

Please don't, you'll crit fail the persuade check.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 am

Z2 wrote:Given that Adam was the only one not hit, and he's a pony with a healthy respect for sportsmanship, I'm going to take a moment to persuade the captain to restart the race. Or at the very list, pre-disqualify the thing that broke the rules in the opening seconds of the race. (Teleport is 25 seconds slower than Jinx, so I think Ramsus still got hit.)
You're free to argue that this could be considered an "attack" but the rules mentioned nothing about not using magic, so in his mind Nihil has done nothing wrong.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:48 am

Good point, but I'm not rolling persuasion. I'm just saying. "SOMEONE CHEATED!"
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:49 am

@Yawnmon I believe I am arguing that it is an attack. Afflicting racers en masse with detrimental dark magic that will ruin their chances as well as likely cause them injury seems to be, fairly decisively, the very definition of attack.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:52 am

Nihil would define an attack as something that does damage. Since this doesn't do anything like that (except for maybe causing you to accidently hurt yourself) he doesn't consider it one. Of course whatever the judge says goes.

Edit: Btw I did check this with Belle in private messages before the race started and he seemed fine with it. Of course your nice persuasion roll might change things.

Last edited by Yawnmon on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:55 am

Right, I'm not trying to get the dragon-thing I can barely see through the blizzard to believe he's in the wrong, I'm trying to make him face the consequences for being so. Though I suppose the former's 'Nihil doesn't throw me under the bus later' character growth would be a much better reward than the latter's potential 100 bits.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:02 am

Z2 wrote:Given that Adam (number 28 ftw) was the only one not hit, and he's a pony with a healthy respect for sportsmanship, I'm going to take a moment to persuade the captain to restart the race. Or at the very list, pre-disqualify the thing that broke the rules in the opening seconds of the race. (Teleport is 25 seconds slower than Jinx, so I think Ramsus still got hit.)

Allow me to reiterate, Ramsus, fell tripped yes, but then was able to teleport ahead of the cursed area... Yes it cost 25 seconds and that's been taken into account.

I've finished calculating the results for the first leg, and don't worry too much, it's still anyone's game Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 am

Heh, if nothing else, Adam loves a challenge, and now we have a convenient reason why I might be the pony everypony should know after the race.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 am

SilentBelle wrote:
Allow me to reiterate, Ramsus, fell tripped yes, but then was able to teleport ahead of the cursed area... Yes it cost 25 seconds and that's been taken into account.

Yeah, but jinx doesn't wear off if you leave the area... oh wait, I guess it does.

SilentBelle wrote:
I've finished calculating the results for the first leg, and don't worry too much, it's still anyone's game

Does this mean that my persuasion check was pretty much pointless?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:14 am

Oh well. Its not like you could've figured out it was Nihil anyways, seeing how Ramsus used 'Untraceable - Enchantment' on all of us.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 am

You left no footprints or magic prints, but one could still see that only one racer in the area was able to move forward properly. Maybe if you had pretended to be tripped up... Also, you're a black dragon on a snowfield, you are anti-camouflaged.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 am

Oh I'm not saying you couldn't find me. You just couldn't prove it was me Smile
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:22 am

freaking endurance. also HAH NIHIL! *Points at him* I BEAT YOU!
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:42 am

Sorry, I had to tweak the times... um it was pointed out that Jinx is in fact a 7 minute duration, I was operating under the assumption that it was 5 minutes... In the end the rolls still leads to the similar results though...

If you feel that was too heavy handed, I'm willing to discuss it though. The time was more of a flavour thing anyway since I'm dealing more with numbers rolled than anything else, ie: jinx transferred into a steep penalty for the others...
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:48 am

Well, Adam was never under the jinx, so if he made it in 6 minutes when you thought jinx took 5 minutes, what possible reason would he have to take 8 minutes when you realized it takes 7?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:55 am

LoganAura wrote:freaking endurance. also HAH NIHIL! *Points at him* I BEAT YOU!
You realllly should've waited till after the race to taunt him. Good luck with that acrobatics check =D
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 am

Z2: You stopped to talk to a ref, for one.
For two, Silent just said: There was a steep penalty applied, the times are just for show, not mechanical.

Also, cheaters, enjoy your bath. Very Happy
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:00 am

Nihil: Take your Shadows and shove it *Joking* Blood mage may have wasted an acrobatics, but hey. Now that there's ice? ICE SKATING! *wheeeee*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:00 am

Z2 wrote:Well, Adam was never under the jinx, so if he made it in 6 minutes when you thought jinx took 5 minutes, what possible reason would he have to take 8 minutes when you realized it takes 7?

Jinx hits every one, it's a neat move. I find it amusing if nothing else.

And Everybody, the race is not over yet Very Happy There's still plenty of time to catch up.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:05 am

Z2 wrote:OOC: But I wasn't within a 70 foot radius. I was set in line as number 28, versus his number 74, I should have been far away from the other racers. Yeah, I tried to approach, but nothing came of that because the race started too early.
That's just something you made up yourself. Belle never actually said you were 70 feet away, or that there was 3 feet between each racer, or that we even got in a line before the race started instead of just a big group.

Btw nice roll Logan Razz
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:14 am

Yawnmon wrote:
Z2 wrote:OOC: But I wasn't within a 70 foot radius. I was set in line as number 28, versus his number 74, I should have been far away from the other racers. Yeah, I tried to approach, but nothing came of that because the race started too early.
That's just something you made up yourself. Belle never actually said you were 70 feet away, or that there was 3 feet between each racer, or that we even got in a line before the race started instead of just a big group.

I'm drawing from my own experience here in racing. And I've never had a start-line that's more than 70 feet across, even when running with a thousand other runners. The numbers mean very little other than as identification. Usually the fastest runners make their way to the very front of the start-line and the slower ones fall in behind them.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:36 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:

And a little "gift" for the forerunners: Using Fabricate as he runs to rip up the ice shelf of the "frozen lake" portion of the course on the >50 side of the race (now that he's over by Ebonblade by the low numbers, only the cheaters are still near to that side). Since Fabricate needs a construction, the material is ice (obviously), the construction is a 2 foot tall wall, three inches thick, sixty feet across on the OPPOSITE side of the freezing water now exposed.

He briefly considered just ripping everything but an inch of ice off the water, leaving him as light wood to run through while everyone else fell in, but that would be cruel and could spur hypothermia. This should, instead, just slow them down and force them to join up on a perpendicular course to what is ideal. This stated, if he can, by the middle of the lake when this plan goes through, "dunk" the dark dragon and not the blood pony by pulling the ice out from beneath them in the construction, Glenrir will do it. Dragons have good fortitude, and turnabout is fair play.

I like the idea... however, I should describe the course before you do something like this. The next leg of the race is a length of the Frozen falls about half as long as the snow fields were, fenced-off on the sides and shoveled free of snow so that only ice is exposed (read: really slippery). It's only about 20 feet wide and is relatively straight. At the end of the frozen river (where they become the falls), a barrier of linked metal has been anchored deep in the ice to prevent any of the racers falling off of the Frozen Falls and into the city below. And like most rivers that regularly see nights of -30 degrees or colder, it's frozen through solidly.

The move can be used to great effect though, just make sure to take those points into account if you use it.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next