Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

+12
Yawnmon
Xel Unknown
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Grey Pen The Flawed
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
tygerburningbright
elfowlgirl
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
16 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 19 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  Yawnmon Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:09 am

LoganAura wrote:Fun fact, Silent. we would've been knocked out had Adam not used Second Sunrise.
Looks like Nihil, Camellia, Wave, and Adam would've been okay without it. Blood and Carn on the other hand would have been knocked out.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 19 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  SilentBelle Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am

Yeah, I guess it was a pretty close battle... in fact if hadn't been so clever with causing the snake to charge at the Burning Stone, things might have been a lot more dangerous Very Happy I'll be posting the monster stats after the battle.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 am

SilentBelle wrote:Initiative turn 15
Having shaken off some of the worst debilitating effects, the beast soots out a storm of icicles, that radiate cold wherever they land:
(All of you take 7 damage)
End of turn Status Effects: -2 saves, dazed, 5 ongoing damage

Initiative turn 10
It nearly falling apart, from a gaping wound in it's side, the creature launches another barrage of icicles. (6 damage to everyone)
Hmm... Thinking back on it I should have used Blink on it's second attack. The first attack did more damage but it was suffering the ongoing damage from my bloodwand which would mean I'd take 7 but heal 4 on it's next turn. That would've meant I'd only take 3 damage which I'd regen at the start of my turn and end the fight with full hp........
Oh well. Missed opportunity. At least I know for next time.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am

Did I go too far with Blood's, well, blood?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Not on my end. I played Dragon Age as a blood mage, wherein your 'normal' combat involves spilling enough blood to fill an olympic-sized swimming pool.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm

What's that? A plot device? Here, let me get rid of that for ya =D
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Sure you wanna do that? It could very well be the Scorpion King all over again. "What? Now I have to get to the temple in a week or it sucks the life from me? WELL THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW." But yeah, if it turns out to be useless, Carn plans on letting the others have it. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Nihil definitely wants to eat it.... but you guys should probably stop him. It'll be hilarious if you don't though.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm

You'd probably break your teeth on it, or if you swallowed it, it would probably wouldn't digest due to the barrier spell on it. I imagine that could be painful... Oh I guess I forgot to mention that it's about 5 inches in diameter. It's pretty big.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Wow. A gem too tough for dragon teeth. Now that's gotta be something special.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Wow, Z2, revisionist much there?
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Z2- dude, at the very least do it /after/ my post not editing before. Not cool.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm

I was already editing it when you made the new post! And I was already posting the speech when you posted your inkbinding the first time. At the time I edited it, it was the last post, and at the time I first posted it, you had not taken the gem.

Last edited by Z2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

He's talking about in character dude. You can't just go back in time and change something that's already happened.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm not rewinding time, inkbound item takes 5 seconds and Adam was looking right at it; plenty of time for a CMC to do its job.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Also I'm pretty sure the inkbound utility isn't even gonna work. If it's not safe for Nihil to eat it's probably not a good idea to try and magically bind it into your skin. Ya'know barrier and whatnot?

Last edited by Yawnmon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Then its even better that I do it rather than Blood.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Z2, Not cool at all. Seriously- Editing your post to before I even started it? And a mechanics check doesn't make any sense here- you're not tinkering with any physical thing.

Edit: And you were kind of rewinding time, since you crossed out Adam talking and acted instead.

Double edit: Let's wait for Silent to come on.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:11 pm

I'd say the only time you should edit an IC post is if you are the last person to post, or in a combat post where something needs to be clarified. Otherwise just post a new one. If you want to try and take the gem, that's a different ball-game, inter-player skill challenge. Though it can earn the ire of your team-mates performing such an action, unless there are good circumstances, such as the race from earlier... If anyone ever wants to perform such an action, send me a PM and I'll post the action as a DM for the player in question to respond to. This will make such a decision far easier to deal with.

Although I prefer not to have to step in and let the players do more of the role-playing for inter-part interactions. So if you have an issue with how the situation is going down, please discuss it in the OOC thread so that we don't end up with conflicting and confusing posts, thanks Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 pm

...I, can't tell if you're joking Logan.

Order of events:
I try to post A
While I type, you post B, invalidating A
I see this and change A to C (while A is, in fact, the last post)
While I'm typing C, you go ahead and post a D, assuming that A was going to stay where it was despite no longer making sense.

And I'd count 'snatching an object from an unusual mechanism (say, a tendril)' to be very much a Mechanics check.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Actually from my point of view...

You post A- acting for someone else's character and sort of got told off for it. (The asking for it and saying 'they gave it to me').
a few posts later, you post a conversation (B)
I post C- Doing the move myself, since I had the capability to do so and it didn't force another character to do something. Things go on.
You edit B to, before I even did C, stop me from doing it, and using a skill that doesn't make sense in that circumstance.

Quoting the handbook here. "Mechanics: Fiddling with locks, traps, mechanisms, wagons, anything with moving parts.". I'm using a spell, and holding onto it. Mechanics doesn't quite make sense to me.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

...I think everypony trying to post at once is just guaranteed to become a clusterbuck. Silent, I suppose it's your call what happens this time, and next time I'll try to come to a mutual agreement in the OOC before things get cluttered.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm

What you are referring to as A is not something I considered part of this at all. I admit that one was phrased poorly, I was not trying to act for any other character. I posted Adam's request, which now has a strikethrough, immediately AFTER you posted your usage of inkbound item. I then edited mine to where it would make sense should it follow your post, and while I was doing so you added yet another post; pretending the conversation still happened for some reason. And I'm not sure what other skill such a feat would be under, would you prefer I take the gem with Acrobatics?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Looks like silent as negated all attempts to store the stone.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm

I... Said them. Stunts or Arcana. Those are the two that really make sense for wrenching it out of my grasp or stopping me from using a spell...

And I must've switched our posts mentally, sorry about that. But still you took away something I responded too and changed it, making my next words impossible.

And it looks like no Inkbound Item anyways. Silent, was his theft successful or do I need to roll Arcana myself?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next