Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 13 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Caden2112 Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Carn sheathed his sword...It seemed he should have drawn it sooner if he wished to use it...But he wasn't particularly used to how strong ice serpent things were...He approached what was left, picking up the crystal and looking at it..."It left us a trophy to take from the kill...Do you think it could help with starting it up somehow...?"

Spoiler:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Camellia lands to see the beast break apart, shrugs, and shifts back into her kitsune form.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:51 am

LoganAura wrote:Blood pants in exhertion going back to the fire stone and repeatedly using Fire and Light spells to try and bring the heat back from it. "Somepony help me!"

Spoiler:

The extra burst of flame that you had caused earlier seemed to have used up most of the stone's natural fuel. You do however succeed in causing the stone to emit some magical light, though doing so leaves you out of breath. The light spreads out and fills the square. As it does so, you see the damage that was left in the beast's wake. Large icicles crashed through buildings and shattered windows. There are a few citizens along the periphery of the square, looking on in fright and awe. As luck would have it, you don't see any injured ponies in the immediate vicinity.

Caden2112 wrote:Carn sheathed his sword...It seemed he should have drawn it sooner if he wished to use it...But he wasn't particularly used to how strong ice serpent things were...He approached what was left, picking up the crystal and looking at it..."It left us a trophy to take from the kill...Do you think it could help with starting it up somehow...?"

Spoiler:

The emerald glows spectacularly as Blood Mage manages to bring light to the surrounding area, almost as if it's reacting to the ambient magic emitted from such an action. You aren't sure of it's properties, but you are quite certain that it is magical in some way.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 am

Blood glances at the emerald and tries to analyze it himself.
Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 am

LoganAura wrote:Blood glances at the emerald and tries to analyze it himself.
Spoiler:

There's a strange quality about it, like some ancient magic held within it. You've never seen anything like it. When you probe it with your own magic, it stirs from within the magic feels somehow trapped. Try as you might, you can't seem to get another response out of it. You sense a great potential within it, but are uncertain of how such to properly interact with such a strange magical source.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 am

Blood does whatever he does when he sees a magical artifact that he doesn't know how to work. He heads over to it and sticks a blood tendril to it.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am

Glenrir coughed a little bit, having inhaled a pile of snow from the dissolving beast on his last pass through it. Of course, he didn't breathe, but clear air paths helped keep his voice strong. His voice was one that could carry for miles to the bynd, beyond bowshot from the city. Carrying it within the city was a simple task, just bouncing his voice properly off all the buildings and tents.

"Is anyfolk injured? And could the captain of the guard come to the stage of the moon-rising ceremony?"

(Using racial: Call Out, for a voice audible for a mile around)
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:56 pm

After seeing the stone fail to light again, and the magical nature of the emerald, Adam goes over to the stone.

...There is something going on here. This stone, I need it. I do not want this to end up with the guards, I do not want it to return to its user. And magic objects are often difficult to hold on to, soooo..."

Adam pauses for a moment, consideration getting the better of him as he lets his new friend Blood give the gem a small poke; and first tries to ask Carn politely to had him the gem for a moment. After that, he slowly grabs the gem and moves it to the nape of his next, just under his mane. And there? It stays.

He mumbles: First I have to hide it, I can take it back out later once it's safe.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 pm

(You need to wait for a response from Carn before you can just take it Z2. You can't just decide what other players do.)

"Wow..." Nihils says panting. "You guys are good." He lets himself fall over on his back to catch his breath, having exerted himself much more than he normally cared to for one day and continues, "After the race and now this how do you all still have so much energy? I need some gems..." He looks around while lying prone and spots Carn and Mage looking at an emerald. "Now that looks tasty," He says getting back to his feet.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:49 pm

"Um are you sure eating that would be a good idea? It might have something like that ice snake thingy's soul or it's freezing powers or it could contain all the fire it had eaten but then could that even hurt a dragon?." Wave Rider says at first attempting to presuade Nihil but then getting lost in her own thoughts.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:04 pm

"No idea. Never had the opportunity to try eating a magical gem before... but now I'm really really curious," Nihil responds before walking over to the group to take a closer look at the emerald.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Yawnmon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:07 pm

"Yeah, let's hold off on eating it, or figuring out who gets the trophy, until the unicorn's determined if it's safe, huh?" Carn looked at Blood for a moment, nodding as he thought. "If you still want it afterwards, you can have it...But even I can tell it's not just a pretty rock." He glared at Adam for a moment to warn him against trying to take it, letting Blood finish his analysis.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood does whatever he does when he sees a magical artifact that he doesn't know how to work. He heads over to it and sticks a blood tendril to it.

The crystal doesn't react to such an action. You can sense a strong barrier within the crystal rejecting all magic that would normally flow through such an object (crystals are magical conductors after all), and at the same time, the barrier reinforces the crystal itself. The barrier itself, feels unusual in it's design as you probe it, like some alien form of spell that you've never encountered before. Without a great deal of time, a book on the subject, or a substantial amount of magical energy, you doubt you could get past the barrier. On the plus side, you believe that this crystal is nearly impervious to most forms of physical stress, probably stronger than diamond.

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Glenrir coughed a little bit, having inhaled a pile of snow from the dissolving beast on his last pass through it. Of course, he didn't breathe, but clear air paths helped keep his voice strong. His voice was one that could carry for miles to the bynd, beyond bowshot from the city. Carrying it within the city was a simple task, just bouncing his voice properly off all the buildings and tents.

"Is anyfolk injured? And could the captain of the guard come to the stage of the moon-rising ceremony?"

(Using racial: Call Out, for a voice audible for a mile around)

About 20 seconds later, high up in the sky, you hear a response.
"I'm a little busy at the moment," Ebonblade shouts, sounding out of breath.

Looking up, you can barely make out his form in the light from Blood's light spell. You see, over 100 feet up, Ebonblade slash with his black-steel longsword which cleanly chops off a pegasus' wing, and he follows up by striking the other wing. The pegasus acrobat drops a spear that he was using and screams as he plummets toward the ground. Which he hits with a sickening crunch.

"There that was the last of 'em, well the ones that didn't run anyway." Ebonblade lands on the stage and begins wiping his blade off. "Damn, why would they have attacked us?" he muses to himself.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Blood glances side to side, and with a tendril on the crystal takes it into his body.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Adam, battling his curiosity, fear of losing possessions, and magpie-like love of shiny objects (blame the bird bits) looks impatiently at the emerald.

Now that we've confirmed there's little for us to do with it now, can I please have it? I shan't keep it from you, but I know an almost unparallelled skill when it comes to rendering small objects unable to be stolen/cause trouble. I'd sort of like to talk to the griffon to see why pegasi are being murdered, and I don't want that jewel in a confiscate-able condition.

He sees the unicorn about to take his idea, and swiftly but gracefully swoops in.

Spoiler:

Adam snatches the jewel, hovers up, stashes it, and says:
I'm glad you agree with my idea! But I'd better be the one to hang onto it. It will be less expected for the pegasus to have it, and if it turns out to have an icy effect I'll be better equipped to resist.

Last edited by Z2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 pm

"I can do that too. And I already have." He slips the blood into a wound, a small green circle around the scar appearing. "And honestly, I'm curious as bloody hell about why that creature had such an item inside of it. I'd like to analyze it tonight, and if it isn't dangerous, somepony else can bloody well have it."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm

"Probably in with that unicorn that summoned the snake-thing, he said something about them knowing their jobs right before he lit himself on fire..." Carn scowled a moment. "If I'd've just knocked him out or held onto him a little longer, we may have been able to question him. He's probably long-gone by now, though...As for why...No, if he was with them, then anything he said is suspect." Carn shook his head. He knew better than to take someone who may well have been in on this incident's word on anything.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

"If they PLANED this and the unicorn really is who we think he is... could Equestria be doing what I think they are going to do?" Wave Rider asks fear creeping into her voice.

Rolls:

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : used wrong number as the mod sorry)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm

LoganAura wrote:"I can do that too. And I already have." He slips the blood into a wound, a small green circle around the scar appearing. "And honestly, I'm curious as bloody hell about why that creature had such an item inside of it. I'd like to analyze it tonight, and if it isn't dangerous, somepony else can bloody well have it."

As you try to place the item with your magical tendrils, it doesn't reform as a tattoo. The barrier is indeed too powerful for such an action.

tygerburningbright wrote:"If they PLANED this and the unicorn really is who we think he is... could Equestria be doing what I think they are going to do?" Wave Rider asks fear creeping into her voice.

Rolls:

(Ah, insightful)
Equestria has not expanded it's boarders since they formed their country, nor have they been known to invade any lands. And their government, as far as you know, is the same as before. A monarchy who heeds the council of three elected leaders, one for each pony.

Indeed Equestria has a large army, estimates place it at about 5% of their population having a connection to the military in some way and they keep an active military as a show of strength to keep their lands from being invaded by neighboring nations. Compared to Frosfalls, (A mere 2% as well as a much smaller population). They do have a fair amount of military leverage.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Adam does his best to ignore his newly found SPLITTING HEADACHE of no discernible source. He turns away from the unsuccessful unicorn and the bear and floats up to the guard captain.

What exactly has happened, and why have you killed these pegasi?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Z2 wrote:Adam does his best to ignore his newly found SPLITTING HEADACHE of no discernible source. He turns away from the unsuccessful unicorn and the bear and floats up to the guard captain.

What exactly has happened, and why have you killed these pegasi?

"Well, it should be obvious," he says with a hint of irritation in his voice, "They suddenly started attack the city-folk, but we sent 'em packing quick enough. That one was a decoy so the others could escape, a noble effort I suppose. I was just doing my duty."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Did you find any prisoners, distinguishing shared characteristics, or pattern to who was attacked?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Blood glances at the other ponies and uses his tendril to slip on his cloak, hiding the gem in it.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Z2 wrote:Did you find any prisoners, distinguishing shared characteristics, or pattern to who was attacked?

"No, it was chaos. They just went for the nearest ponies. Thankfully the city guard are quick to respond and most of the bloodshed was the performers', and not ours. Haven't seen that flaming unicorn either. I'd like to give him a good wallop."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:05 pm

"You and I both. If the attack was a plan, it was a sorry one. I think that snake was their big trick, the rest was to distract us from it and the unicorn... Grrah! I had him..." Ursus took a moment to calm himself, closing his eyes. "It keeps coming back to him, doesn't it? What would he gain from something like this?" The bear looked around at those assembled, hoping they had insight on the problem that he had missed.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next