Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 14 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:40 pm

"...To be honest, there's not a lot one COULDN'T gain from this with the right preparations. Stealing energy from something and putting it to use elsewhere just has so many applications. I'd like to think destroying the fire-eater and preventing it from returning to them foiled them to a degree, but we still need to find them... If I'm wrong, he likely wanted to cause a panic to slip in somewhere. Were any guarded spots abandoned?"
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am

Glenrir sees things well in fang, and so he steps back a little, smelling the air, whining just a slight bit in the back of his throat. Unfortunately, he is not a biological wolf, his nose naught but decoration... but magical currents had a "smell" just like physical ones, and a lot of magic happened recently. He stops to lick a small amount of blood off the ground, frozen in the fall, likely from the battle waging above their heads or maybe even from one of his allies.

Fire was antithesis to a timber wolf. The little pony noted redistribution of magic. That made sense, a fire mage could gain a lot from a fireball as big at that one, weeks of burning fuel exhausted in a moment. The thing with evil, hostile fire, though, is that in this realm, his realm, of ice and snow... It was as rare as an ogre's dictionary. 'Ashes... Ashes... Dust... Dust... Where do you lead, unicorn stallion with mane of fire, of red, yellow, and orange?'

(Using Hunting Instinct! Thattaway!: Point Glenrir in the direction of the nearest unicorn stallion of red, yellow, and orange [one that looks on the baseline like the ring leader].)
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:30 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Glenrir sees things well in fang, and so he steps back a little, smelling the air, whining just a slight bit in the back of his throat. Unfortunately, he is not a biological wolf, his nose naught but decoration... but magical currents had a "smell" just like physical ones, and a lot of magic happened recently. He stops to lick a small amount of blood off the ground, frozen in the fall, likely from the battle waging above their heads or maybe even from one of his allies.

Fire was antithesis to a timber wolf. The little pony noted redistribution of magic. That made sense, a fire mage could gain a lot from a fireball as big at that one, weeks of burning fuel exhausted in a moment. The thing with evil, hostile fire, though, is that in this realm, his realm, of ice and snow... It was as rare as an ogre's dictionary. 'Ashes... Ashes... Dust... Dust... Where do you lead, unicorn stallion with mane of fire, of red, yellow, and orange?'

(Using Hunting Instinct! Thattaway!: Point Glenrir in the direction of the nearest unicorn stallion of red, yellow, and orange [one that looks on the baseline like the ring leader].)

You feel a tugging sensation to the east, indicating that the unicorn went thattaway.

Z2 wrote:"...To be honest, there's not a lot one COULDN'T gain from this with the right preparations. Stealing energy from something and putting it to use elsewhere just has so many applications. I'd like to think destroying the fire-eater and preventing it from returning to them foiled them to a degree, but we still need to find them... If I'm wrong, he likely wanted to cause a panic to slip in somewhere. Were any guarded spots abandoned?"

Caden2112 wrote:"You and I both. If the attack was a plan, it was a sorry one. I think that snake was their big trick, the rest was to distract us from it and the unicorn... Grrah! I had him..." Ursus took a moment to calm himself, closing his eyes. "It keeps coming back to him, doesn't it? What would he gain from something like this?" The bear looked around at those assembled, hoping they had insight on the problem that he had missed.

"They must have had a plan, of that I'm sure. Hmm..."

"And I'm sure you have something you should be doing Captain," Aurora calls out as she strides up to your group purposefully. She looks like she's been through a bit of fighting herself, though she's not injured as far as you can tell.

"My lady, you're safe. They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"Silence, Ebonblade. You still have duties, now is not the time for idle chatter. Go, gather the guards and round up any injured folk and see that everyone has a safe place to rest for the night."

"Yes, my lady." He bows and flies off without a moment of hesitation.

Once the gryphon's gone from sight, Aurora around making sure that no one else is eavesdropping.

"So, you seven have lived up to your title as 'Heroes of Winter'. If that beast had not been stopped, I fear what might have become of Frostfalls. For that you have the whole city's thanks. Although, I believe the worst is yet to come."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Blood blinks and stares at the pony. "Heroes of Wi-" HE groans and a tendril of blood slaps his face. "Please tell me that the name is only what you're calling us, not some prophecy? I had enough bloody prophecies with this green pony..."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:37 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood blinks and stares at the pony. "Heroes of Wi-" HE groans and a tendril of blood slaps his face. "Please tell me that the name is only what you're calling us, not some prophecy? I had enough bloody prophecies with this green pony..."

She gives a chuckle at that response. "Worry not, prophecies are not what I am referring to, for I know that deeds are what give way to titles, not the other way around."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

"Oh thank Hemoglobin." Blood pauses and tilts his head. "... Would it be rude of me to ask for the title, "The Blood Coated?"" Blood then pauses and mumbles ideas for the other's names. "The timberwolf can be the "Frostbiter", the transformer can be "One of Many Shapes", The big bear can be "He of Grand Prescence", the pegasi can be "The Winged Spellcaster" and "The Storming Skies" and the baby dragon can be "The Shadows' Breath."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm

LoganAura wrote:"Oh thank Hemoglobin." Blood pauses and tilts his head. "... Would it be rude of me to ask for the title, "The Blood Coated?"" Blood then pauses and mumbles ideas for the other's names. "The timberwolf can be the "Frostbiter", the transformer can be "One of Many Shapes", The big bear can be "He of Grand Prescence", the pegasi can be "The Winged Spellcaster" and "The Storming Skies" and the baby dragon can be "The Shadows' Breath."

She shakes her head while wearing a slight grin. "Titles are never chosen by the wearer, but earned, for good or ill, through reputation. Regardless, now is not the time for such a discussion, we still have a large problem on our hooves."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm

"Aw..." Blood whines. "Oh well. I give you all the titles I gave you!" Blood grins, giddy.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 pm

"Did you spill so much blood that now your head is not working right? Because you don't look like a king, queen, bard,religious leader or hundred year old master that was betrayed by their last student." Only now realizing what Aurora had said. "Oh! What would you have us do milady? "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:20 pm

"I am the king of hemoglobin." Blood sticks his tongue out, chuckling. "More seriously, I'm a bard!" Blood starts bouncing around, singing off the top of his head.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:58 pm

"I think you're right, the blood loss made him delirious...I've seen it happen before..." Carn looked at the unicorn with a bit of worry, sighing softly. He was honored to take the title, though...Aurora was right, strength made a legend, not talking it up..."Still, what's the next step? We stopped it, but at this point, I think we've only put a bandage on a missing paw..."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:52 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood glances at the other ponies and uses his tendril to slip on his cloak, hiding the gem in it.
"Aww, come on Mage. Just one nibble?"
SilentBelle wrote:"So, you seven have lived up to your title as 'Heroes of Winter'. If that beast had not been stopped, I fear what might have become of Frostfalls. For that you have the whole city's thanks. Although, I believe the worst is yet to come."
Nihil laughs internally at the thought of being called a hero. He was fighting more for the fun of it than to protect anypony, but he decides to keep his mouth shut about that.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:11 pm

"I already have a name thanks though Bloody Stupid Mage, I'll make sure to come to you next time I want an official title that's a vague one point description of myself." Camellia retorts rolling her eyes, then waits for Aurora to continue.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 am

"Yes, that is what I am here to tell you, and you alone, at least for now. We can't risk a panic amongst the folk of Frostfalls. It's what those acrobats were after, and amidst the confusion they got it.

"The eight of us were accosted by some of the earth ponies in their troupe. Unfortunately that was just a clever ruse of theirs. While we were distracted, one of their pegasi stole the Moon Opal. And that's not a good thing, not at all. For without the Moon Opal, we cannot raise the moon, at least not currently. And it goes to follow what their next action will be.

"This is where you come in. I need you folk, the ones who are strong enough to defeat a Fire-Eater, to head to the east of Frostfalls and perform a great service for the city. It is of paramount importance."

She pauses in her spiel, gauging your reactions at being presented with such a situation. You can see a glimmer of hope in her eyes, or perhaps it's just the gleam of light from the spell Blood had cast.

Last edited by SilentBelle on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:56 am

"Well.... I suppose I don't have anything better to do anyway." Camellia says.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:02 am

Blood pauses, standing in a bit if snow. "Hm... What's in it for us? I know the good of Frostfalls, but what exactly is there that's good for us?"
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 am

"Oh come on, you wanted a fancy title, Rescuer of the Moon not good enough?" Glenrir puts a claw to the snow, and marks an arrow in it in the exact direction he detected right through the ice, not about to come out with general foot traffic. Merely east was simple to remember, but wouldn't help in the long-term. Finishing, the wolf looks back to the group. His own decision was made not this instant, not upon being called a hero, not when he rushed the snake, not even when he was made Best Racer. His bynd protected the town. The town protected the bynd. He was in the town to keep relations good between the normally fierce wolves and the docile hairyfolk. Being a service to the township was an easy way of accomplishing this. He made his decision two years ago when he was chosen for this post.

"East then. I am eager to help. I need not sleep, but it is late for ponies, neither side will go far in the blistering cold of the tundra at night. I can bring forth and maintain a heavy storm to hide a missing moon, strong and high enough the pegasi won't try to fly above it, and make it seem the work of this anarchist that there is no way to hide. No one will seek the moon for one night, giving time to prepare a statement or excuse. We know little of the magic of the councils, perhaps if several of you come down with frostfever at the same time from the excitement and the storm it cannot be done until recovery in a week."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 am

"I'm in as well." Carn nodded, stomping the ground with one paw as if to reinforce the sentiment. "This unicorn and his followers want trouble? They found it. I'm not about to let them get away with this kind of underhanded filth..." He growled, shaking his head. "I'm already involved in this, and I'm not about to back down from it now." The bear shifted his weight, looking around at the others. "What about the rest of you? You gonna let them just steal the moon and hold it hostage?" Whether through taunting or inspiring, he was kind of hoping the others followed his and Glenrir's example. If they had the ability to pull this off, he wasn't entirely sure he could do it alone...He was strong, yes, but even the mightiest foe could be brought down by combined forces, as their battle with the snake had clearly illustrated...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:54 am

"Hmm, stealing the moon..."

Adam appears lost in thought.

Okay, I'm in, you guys probably need a 'Winged Spellcaster' to keep you alive anyway. If you call me the Angel of Rains instead you get healed first.

Adam slyly smirks towards Blood, hoping to keep the mood positive.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 am

You can count me in.” Wave Rider turns to Blood. “You may not be thinking straight but the world kinda needs the moon to do things like the tide.”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 am

"Angel of Rains is cocky." Blood raspberries. "the ones I thought up were simple and just who you are. If you want me to give you other titles, prove yourselves!" Blood bounces and looks at the mare. "I'm in."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

She looks relieved at your responses. "Rest assured that your efforts will not go unrewarded, but I cannot offer much to you at the moment, as haste is of utmost importance. I am glad that you realize just how important the moon is for every creature in the world, and indeed, it hangs in the balance at this moment. And that is a balance that we must restore at once, for the Moon Opal allows a single unicorn, with an affinity for the night, to raise the moon. And that's what we Constellations do, we raise the moon once the sun sets every night, usually it's within the confines of the temple, but tonight was the one time in the year when we take it out and display the act before the populace in hopes of raising their spirits and reminding them of the importance of the Constellations.

"Now that the Moon Opal is gone, all the Constellations must be gathered together, for it will take all twelve of us to raise the moon with out the opal. I have ways of contacting all my peers, save for one. Silver Star, a young filly. She's the newest of our recruits and she's finishing her training at Star's Reach, a monastery, a day's travel to the east of here. She should also be accompanied by Nimbus The Wise, he's the old sage that keeps Star's Reach in working order and is the one that hoof picked and taught all of us what we needed to in order to become Constellations.

"I fear for their well-being, for their safety is instrumental to recovering from this assault. They are competent ponies though, so if you are quick they should still be safe. If you have any immediate concerns or needs before setting out, please, do tell me. I may be able assist, as an authority of the city."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Blood raises his hoof. "Just a caution, but what if one of the constellations is unavailable for some reason or another?" Blood easily thinks that if somepony doesn't want the moon raised, they'll probably try their best to stop it at any cost. "Also, can you give me names, detailed descriptions, cutie marks, colorations, and everything you can?" Blood pulls out a pen and pencil from his cloak and prepares them in magic.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood raises his hoof. "Just a caution, but what if one of the constellations is unavailable for some reason or another?" Blood easily thinks that if somepony doesn't want the moon raised, they'll probably try their best to stop it at any cost. "Also, can you give me names, detailed descriptions, cutie marks, colorations, and everything you can?" Blood pulls out a pen and pencil from his cloak and prepares them in magic.

"If we are lacking in constellations, things will be tough, we could still raise the moon, but it would be incredibly taxing, dangerous even. Without the twelve of us, we wouldn't be able to keep it up indefinitely," she replies. You can tell she's very worried about such a prospect.

"As for names and details, well, the ones that concern you at the moment are Silver Star. Yellow-coated filly with icy-blue hair, she has a, well, silver shooting-star as her cutie mark. And Nimbus The Wise, he's an old stallion, actually an earthpony with many wrinkles. But he's got the vigor of youth flowing within him and a sharp mind. He's dark-blue-coated and has grey hair. His cutie mark is an opened tome and quill. As for the others of my order, I cannot reveal them to you at the moment. I must commune with them first. I'd rather you not have a full list upon you, in case you lose such an item. It could prove detrimental to some of my peers' efforts."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm

"I'd put the list into my body using my blood, I'll never lose it." Blood smiles. "But if you're that worried I'll keep this." He finishes the note and slips it into his body with a tebdril, a small piece of paper symbol on the cut.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next