Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 15 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Ramsus Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Camellia, as an aside to Carn says, "We should get some food to take with us so we don't have to hunt or graze or whatever it is that dragon and timberwolf do to get food. We should take as much as they'll let us, just in case things get complicated."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 pm

"It may be wise...I'm no stranger to hunting for my own food, but it's rare I travel with others...Not to mention the time spent hunting would be better used pursuing our prey..." Carn nodded, thinking. The catch would be convincing them to part with food...Hopefully they -could- spare any...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:03 am

"All I require is being exposed to the sun's rays, and even that may be untrue, I simply have never gone without for an extended period. I shan't slow us down. I do agree on the otherwise, though. Frequently have I seen the snap-rats shriveled from eating poisoned food left in convenient locations. We can assume anything we don't bring, to be dangerous."

Glenrir looks eastwards. "And I don't think cataloging every constellation in existence will help us. We have a job to do unrelated to most of this. The most dangerous information we should have is where we can find you. The east is a dangerous and precarious direction. The sun flees from it when made to rise, it is an ill omen, but I think we may be able to save the moon."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 am

Ramsus wrote:Camellia, as an aside to Carn says, "We should get some food to take with us so we don't have to hunt or graze or whatever it is that dragon and timberwolf do to get food. We should take as much as they'll let us, just in case things get complicated."
"I guess you could call it hunting," Nihil says nonchalantly. "You guys sure are quick to lay your lives on the line for others though, aren't ya? I'll go with you for the fun of it, but don't be surprised when I turn tail and start running if it turns out to be suicidal."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 pm

"If you require food for the journey, that I can assist with." Aurora uses her ponykinesis to pull a scroll from a pocket within her cloak. She then proceeds to write on the page with magic. "I'll write a letter to Big Root. He's a mammoth who manages the temple facilities. He will supply you with all the food you require. Though, I would only request that you take only as much as you will need for the journey. I believe the rationing will go back into effect immediately, especially since this debacle could turn out to be an act of war."

She binds the scroll with a spell-seal. And levitates it forward for one of you to take.

"I shall remain here in the city and help it recover from this night of shock and terror. Is there anything else you need?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 pm

"Sleep" Blood says, flatly. "I know it's a 'go there asap' thing, but heading into the frigid cold tundra in the middle of the night? not really that good."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:11 am

LoganAura wrote:"Sleep" Blood says, flatly. "I know it's a 'go there asap' thing, but heading into the frigid cold tundra in the middle of the night? not really that good."

"Ah, yes, you raise a fine point, my good Mage. I had almost forgotten that you had already run just this afternoon prior to fighting the beast. Very well, you may stay the night in the Temple of the Stars if you must. It's warm and safe. Still, I worry for Silver Star's sake. Please if you must rest then do so with haste." She then lifts a small pouch out with her magic and presents it to you. "It costs only two bits to stay the night, you should find enough for all of you in this pouch."

She then turns her gaze to the rest of the city, surveying the damages. She let's out a weary sigh. "I must go and do what I can to organize the populace and prepare for the worst. When you come back with Silver Star, be sure to seek me out right away."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am

Camellia pockets her two bits and as soon as Aurora is out of earshot Camellia says, "I still say we take as much food as we can get away with, especially if rationing is going to go back in style. This shiny coat doesn't come from starving myself."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:32 pm

"You can have my share, then. It was partial payment to our services, after all, and I need not mine." Glenrir says in a chiding voice. "I, however, have had a long day and believe rest before the morrow is more important than grifting unicorns strong enough to send the moon hurtling across the sky. Not that I'm stopping you from planning it, of course." He steps off, to find some brief respite before the future challenges overtake them. He didn't much need sleep, but he did want to preen a bit from the loose twigs and check damages in privacy.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:34 pm

"Oh, we're doing sleep first? Ok sure, not like we need to be holding on to our food right now. Well big guy, if you don't mind I'll be saving myself my two bits." Camellia says and then turns back into the Cloaker form and "is worn" by Carn again.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:39 pm

"Alright, then, rest it is, then...Though..." He paused as Camellia draped herself over him again. "...It's just two bits, but if you want...I suppose we're going to be close for a while, then." his tone was utterly deadpan, but he began walking to the Temple, deciding that there was little more to be gained by standing outside in the cold...And to be honest, he was a bit tired as well. He had to admit, wearing a living thing was...Odd, to put it mildly.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Would it be rude of me to ask how or even why you do that? Wait a second... you-you don't have ears right now so you can't hear me or can you?” Wave Rider asks walking along Carn towards the temple.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:18 pm

"I've always known how to shapechange. Why waste money I could need later? And no, I don't think this form does have ears..." Camellia replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 pm

You make your way to the temple. It's not hard to find, as it is the largest standing-structure in the city. It's stone front had numerous carving upon it's surface. Slanted lines that run into each other at all sorts of angles.

The entrance to the temple is a large closed double-door made of reddish metal. There is a single guard who stands on duty, a green pegasus with yellow hair, in uniform. Her cutie mark is hidden beneath the metallic armour. She's not standing still though, she's pacing back and forth between two large braziers. She also carries a crescent blade that seems to be attached to her hoof in some manner, and it makes a clanking sound with every movement of her hoof.

"Why do these uniforms have to be so cold?" you hear her asking herself rather audibly. She clearly hasn't caught sight of you yet.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:39 am

"So you can keep your cool under pressure?" Glenrir calls out jokingly from the distance, letting there be plenty of time between the guard realizing their presence and their approach. Last thing you need is for a guard to think its a surprise attack.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 am

Blood quite literally opens all of his cuts just to thwack Glenir in the head with as many tendrils as he can for that terrible pun, before healing them back up.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:19 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"So you can keep your cool under pressure?" Glenrir calls out jokingly from the distance, letting there be plenty of time between the guard realizing their presence and their approach. Last thing you need is for a guard to think its a surprise attack.

The mare jumps in surprise, even at that distance, as she does so she swings her for hoof-blade menacingly. "Who's there? More circus performers trying to attack us again? You won't get past me!" she calls out in response and squints into the darkness against the light of the braziers.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Carn feels Camellia let out an incredulous sigh.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Carn shook his head, sighing a bit as well. "If we were attacking, I doubt you could stop us anyhow. That said, we were told we could get lodgings for the night here..." He chose to leave his critique of the guards to himself...Puns or not, it was now little wonder how the opal had been stolen. Apparently they were softer than he'd given them credit for...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:44 pm

"At least she has good reaction time." Blood rubs his chin with a hoof and calls out. "Hey! We come in Peace. And Carrots and Celery!" Blood snickers. "Get it? Peas? ... There's a reason I'm a medic and not a jester."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 pm

"Didn't he just claim to be a Bard?" Camellia whispered to Carn.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

"There's a difference. A bard sings, a jester jokes." Blood says, standing on a box of blood.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 pm

"I suppose if you were part of that troupe, you probably would have just attacked me," she says and stops waving her weapon around. "Lodgings huh? Well, you'll have to talk to good ol' Big Root. You'll find him in the supplies room most likely, I think I heard Ruby tell him to do some accounting in there. I bet he has his work cut out for him. Those constellations can be real hard-flanks when it comes to orders," she begins rambling a bit as she flies up and turns a series of latches at the top of the double-doors. "I don't see why I can't just watch the door from the inside where it's nice and warm."

The pegasus finishes opening the large metal doors, you feel a large wave of warmth welcome you as she does so. She sigh wistfully at the warm breeze.

Inside the opened doors reveals a moderately dark scene with wall sconces at regular intervals, though instead of torches, they hold fire-stone. The hallway appears to be rather large, with the ceiling twenty feet up. Along the walls a star motif is quick to spot. Other than that though, the hallway seems rather bare, and were it not for the warm air, one would struggle to be able to think of it as 'welcoming'.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Blood hops off his bloody soap box and walks in. "Well you can watch the door from inside, but you can't watch everything else." Blood pauses and looks at the pony, slipping off his cloak and waving down the mare. If she comes down, he goes and puts it on the mare, shivering himself. "There. I'm gonna be warm, and now so are you." Blood smiles warmly and walks into the building happily.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Carn shrugged slightly in response to Camellia, glancing around. Big, austere, imposing, and not the kind of place most would rest. Well, you get what you pay for, he concluded, and it was warm, at the least. He ambled in, moving to try and find the "Big Root" the guard had spoken of. They'd mentioned the supply room, it couldn't be that hard to find...

Spoiler:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next