Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+6
Caden2112
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
10 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 am

Er, what?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 am

You said we get the personas?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:45 am

He said we get them, and he not sure what they are yet... I do think we're getting ones of the most logical type to pick out of that list of arcana. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:51 am

OH! Yeah, what Xel said. Mostly the designs are canon Personas
Sun arcana gets Hama and Agi
Moon gets Bufu and Mudo
Death gets Weakened and Vulnerability (Whatever the lower attack and lower defence was.)
Star gets... Something :/ Zio Garu?
Not 100% on Death and Star arcana's
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 am

Oh uh..... then Agi? That's the air one right?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am

Agi is FIYAHBALLS.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 am

Garu is air.

They're Japanese onomatopoeia. Garu is the whistling noise really strong wind makes. Zio is their "zap" noise. Agi is crackle (if you think of a campfire, neither word really fits the sound), and bufu is that shivering breath "Brrr".

EDIT: I have no idea if that is actually true or not, but it's helpful for me to remember regardless.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 am

Oh ok then um... Garu? Is that a valid choice? I'm kinda lost here.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 am

OH! You're getting the Sun arcana, but this one's temporary. Agi and Hama, for now and possibly changing later.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 am

Sure, I'll take what I can get for now. Razz

...But yeah, these -are- temporary, don't worry about it, your actual persona will have whatever ya please. Smile Hopefully we don't get into Persona fusions, because if so, I could waste MONTHS in-game trying to make the perfect persona. And still fail at the end because Ooops, Fusion accident.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 am

yea-no way. You can buff by collecting items in the TV world, but it's mostly taking a few to boost a spell or two.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am

Wow, I miss a day and the forum fresking explodes or something. Um, yeah if he's calling the house Star's mother would answer it.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 am

sorry about that whiteeye.
And I'll add The Personas and "Hello, tihs is *insert Star's Mother's name*. How can I help you?" to a post once I check.
Right now, I need to think of what the last one is.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 am

It's not too many fusions you need. Step 1: Pyro Jack. Step 2: Jack Frost. Step 3: ??? Step 4: Profit.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 am

Oh yeah, I never told you his parents names. His father is Corporate Power; he's upper middle management in sales, so that's why he works so late. Star's mother is Bright Hope; she's a stay at home mother who does her best to get her son to be the best.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:09 am

LoganAura wrote:It was mostly that the enemies who are strong against it take half (Strong) no (Null) or is healed by (Absorb) the attack, and enemies who are Weak take double.
Might need to tweak it a lot...
Ok so as is the Elemental system, just has little reason to NOT use it the extra damage output. So I suggest for one thing you've gotta make sure to make something for the Null and Absorb outcomes to be REALLY bad I say. Bad enough to make one worry when they've found out they've done such an attack. First I'm going to show why I don't think there's little reason to not use the bonus damage power, out of these four outcomes you get one of the following:

Base+2(1d6) (Weak) Base+(1d6)/2 (rounding down) (Strong) Base+0 (Null) Base-1d6 (Absorb)

And this isn't even factoring in the cool idea of a getting the magic-crit from rolling a six on there. Something that should be in theory always a good thing. Still you get the base damage output, making it too minor of a factor in these fights. Other then if they're weak to the enemy used, then they're likely to drop like flies...

To me I personally really like the whole chance of getting a special extra crital in a 1 out of 6 odds of happening, which it really cool and what I think should be a kinda focus of this system and not the extra damage in my mind. Cause the combat of Pony Tales is easily balanced as is. So trying to make this elemental bonus damage be very low would be the best way to work things and let us use our combat builds as we want to. :3

So I suggest there being five different outcomes of something like this:

Base+1d6 (Weak) Base+(1d6)/2 (rounding up) (Neutral) Base+1d6-3 (Strong) (Base+1d6)/2 (Null) and -(Base-1d6)/4 (Absorb (this would be healing the enemy and not really count as damage))

Or factoring in some type of secondardy HP bar that only Elemental damage factors with... But that might be too complex to work that great.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Well, the elemental jars are quite useless if we have our cool toys.

I'd say the weapons should be "roll 1d4, if 4, deals 1d6 elemental damage". Or a d6 or something to that ilk. Or even "whenever you crit, add elemental damage".

Otherwise, as it stands it is too powerful. Who would ever use Bufu when you can Bufu AND deal 3d12 damage? That way we keep an elemental trait, but don't worry about balance nearly as much.

The other possibility is ramping up the risk, Persona-style. In Persona (not 4, easy game that it is, the old ones and other SMT works) if you hit an enemy with something they Resisted or Nulled, they got an extra Standard Action. If you hit a screen with maragi, and one resisted, that one got a bonus hit in I think it was Digital Devil. In this regard, blindly applying elemental hits to group attacks or blindly in general would be very risky, ramp up the enemy HP to compensate a bit, but not as much as you would have to otherwise, letting extra turns work their magic.

EDIT: I can also accept the "if you're using elemental damage powerups, your entire attack is considered elemental for purposes of Null and Absorb" idea.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:24 pm

To me, I thought of the effects were more like if I were to use my fire vial, I'd roll 2d6 bonus elemental damage. And the chance of doing two types of element damage too... *shrugs*

And yeah that also is an idea to more try to work this elemental bonus with d4s... But then it'll be all the harder to figure out how to factor in these "magical crit" type of effects. And yeah, the weapon bonus is a bit higher then it should be. I started up an elemetal bonus system topic that we could use to try and work out how to add such a system to combat. While part of it might be that the monsters are being build a bit weak, still do say as is, from what I understand there is no reason NOT to try using the elemental damage.

Thinking about it, yeah having it more work like 1d4 elemental bonus by the weapons we got with rolling a four letting you trade up the power to a 1d6... Meaning it'll be most likely to end up with only low end elemental damage. IE: Bonus would be mostly 1-3 even if you get a four and get replace the d4 roll wiht a d6, it still has the higher odds be to a +1-3 bonus damage outcome I'd figure... But still do think a bigger issue is figureing out how to best work the possible elemental affects?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I think I might tweak the weapons to be flat damage
Absorb -1x (Heals enemy that damage)
Null 0x (No damage)
Stong .5x (Half Damage)
Neutral 1x
Weak: 2x (Double Damage)

And leave the d8/ more damage type of things fort he spells.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:43 pm

That might be a little better. I suppose an alternate idea is to make the Weak/Strong akin to a set resist and vulnerability based on the toughness of the mook in question to that element...Hrm.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:07 pm

I think the best would be having weak do more 1.5x power... Cause that'll work easier. Also try to make not too many weak to the elements we got... That was why that fight was so short. Just a pure multiplier for all states while a nice idea this system wasn't totally built to work with it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 pm

*Nod* And that last fight was mostly short because I wanted to give everypony their tempersonas before Star gets his big one.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

That's fair, still say we either try to do some type of Vul/Resistance system for when they're Weak or Strong to an element. That'd be easier to work with. Or if you really wanta do with the whole damage multipliers still say we're better off with Weak getting 1.5 then getting a pure double damage.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:31 pm

I don't think damage multipliers are a good idea unless it only applies to the elemental damage and not the regular sort. And even that could get crazy later on.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Hm... Strong/Weak will just be Vul/Resist depending on the enemy. Absorb and Null though will stay as *heal the damage* and *No Damage* To just the elemental portion of the attack.
Absorb Heals the damage
Null Negates the damage
Str has resist X where X depends on the enemy
Normal is normal
Weak has Vul X where X depends on the enemy.

That seem good?

and the flat damage on your weapons will be 4 elemental damage. IF you choose to activate it. Sort of like a reaction attack.
Wait, what was the dice we were using? d8 or d6?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next