Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

+8
Doc pseudopolis
Lyntermas
Xel Unknown
A1C Bronymous
Curunir
Paper Shadow
Grey Pen The Flawed
elfowlgirl
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 am

I'm gonna hand the spot I asked for to Ramsus. I really should focus on what I'm in currently.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions of New Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 am

Thanks anyway, Doc. Good luck on your other rps.

Alright then, Ramsus, you're in! What do you want to know?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 am

As long as you're passing out backstory stuff, I'd like to know a little more about religious practices, and maybe the current political state of things.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:49 am

Grey Pen wrote:As long as you're passing out backstory stuff, I'd like to know a little more about religious practices, and maybe the current political state of things.

There are few religious practices in New Equestria, particularly because the country has little to go by. There isn't much word of "history" before Lumina's rule, and many assume she was the first pony (or along the same lines). Besides the obvious atheism and those simply nonreligious, there is a somewhat popular religion known as "Lumination" that worships Lumina as the daughter of the red and blue sides of the sky, and as the creator of all the world (and, subsequently, ponykind). Other nations have their own beliefs based on the sky, although they tend to be along the same lines and concerning either their founders or their ancestors.

What do you mean by "political state"?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 am

How does Lumina shape up as a ruler? Do her little ponies love her? If so, is it out of requirement, or is there genuine appreciation involved? How are relations with other countries (if there are any)? What's the military like?

Not looking for anything in particular beyond that; just trying to get a general idea or two.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 am

Lumina is a decent ruler, although she tends to stay out of most affairs unless they get too out of hand (kind of like Celestia), focusing more on laws and bills than anything. Not many ponies see her - as she is too busy running the country - but many hold her in high regards either due to the previously mentioned religious standards, or because she is their leader and has done what she can for them. She does not hold court, but does accept petitions through the mail as a means of receiving requests from her subjects.

New Equestria has stayed surprisingly isolationist over the past years, though movement is free between the countries. It is neither on good nor negative terms with many of the surrounding lands, and only the Griffon Empire has retained an alliance (formed in the last century). Because of this isolationist standpoint, the military is quite small and focused more on large cities, with the police force doing the real day-to-day work.

(Dear Celestia I've planned a lot...)
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 am

Hmm. That's... challenging to work with. You may end up having to make more... or milking it off of me.

Because really, a cleric in a world of atheists? To good to pass up.

Heh, I thought of a lame pun... The Luministic clerics are know as "Enlightened".
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:23 am

That pun was bad and you should feel bad....
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 am

You did not just make that pun.

You did not just seriously make that pun.

On another note, I can tell you some more stuff if you want to go with my branch of Lumination, although you're free to interpret however you want and make your own sect (or other religion).
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:41 am

Yes, worship the Deer Gods! =P

Ok, so first off I'd like you to check that you're ok with the two unofficial combat talents I took as, the combat build entirely revolves around those. (I'm not sure why you would have issue with them though but... have to ask.)

Secondly, I need to know if Batpony have any special history in New Equestria. Are they common? Do they mostly come from some other country? Or are they from the forests and caves and such? Can I make something up? (Because if I do it's going to be a subterranean nation of Batponies, Diamond Dogs, and Seaponies. Maybe also Ponyforged. I dunno.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 am

The two unofficials seem good, although if they get too powerful, we may have to talk tweaking (it likely won't come to that, though).

I've always seen batponies as just a subspecies of pegasi - they mostly dwell in large pegasus cities - like Cloudsdale - and are otherwise found in very small communities in larger towns. They're not super common, but they're native to Equestria. Many also join either the police force or the military due to their echolocation (helpful in a world lacking much light).

You can make something up if you like.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 am

Yay!

Well then... the only sensible thing given two good options for her background is... do both!
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:48 am

Ok Chocolate Flurry now has a backstory and I decided to take the Element of Honesty.

Edit: Btw, I figured I'd ask. Any chance we're using Talent Specialization in this game?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:13 am

elfowlgirl wrote:On another note, I can tell you some more stuff if you want to go with my branch of Lumination, although you're free to interpret however you want and make your own sect (or other religion).

Oh, my, yes. You think you've come up with a lot for this game? Phoenix's full title is Seraphim, The Fiery One, Demon and Angel become Man, Phoenix, the Ascended Fifth (usually said with some emphasis and dramatic flair).

Not that that matters for the purposes of this game, but he does have FK in Metaphysics, and is from another universe. The Religious debates based on that alone are going to be staggering.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:14 am

Okay, I have a character I believe!

Aqilah Jazari
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 am

Um...... I'm not sure exploding is the best method of flight.....

You (and anyone within 50 feet of you basically at all times) would be a lot better off if you had one of your limited Daily Utilities or Craft Crazy Contraption under the Personal Project thing....
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 am

elfowlgirl wrote:You did not just make that pun.

You did not just seriously make that pun.

Why? Is there some sort of punishment for that? Twisted Evil

elfowlgirl wrote:On another note, I can tell you some more stuff if you want to go with my branch of Lumination, although you're free to interpret however you want and make your own sect (or other religion).

Hmm. I definitely think that the red and blue glows should represent a sort of sliding scale of morality. Don't think "good and evil" is the right pick though... "Law and Chaos" might fit better. Some are Lawful, and some are Chaotic; as a result, they balance each other out.

This would also totally justify Laughter (though I'm still leaning towards Magic).

I am also tempted to drop Dazzling Wings, just to be the one who has to get carried when flight is concerned. Razz
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am

Grey Pen wrote:I am also tempted to drop Dazzling Wings, just to be the one who has to get carried when flight is concerned. :P
Honestly, I'm more worried about the pony with the exploding wings of death...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 am

True, dat.

Also: GM, can we use these thing? Please please pretty please with Abomitall on top?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Ramsus - I wasn't planning on using Talent Spec., but if you guys'd like to, sure.

Also, Chocolate Flurry looks good!

Grey Pen - I don't want to use the achievements system, mostly because while it's a great concept, but I don't really agree with it. Sorry.

Curunir - Also looks good. Both you and Ramsus have been added.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:00 pm

That just leaves me then! Just gotta finish my sheet up...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Okay, my flight is no longer made out of explodium.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

D'aaaaw. I wanted to prepare Explosive Runes some morning...

My sheet is now finished! I just need to reflavor my combat talents and publish it, which is proving difficult for peculiar reasons... Meet Starlit Creek (working name)!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:49 pm

You're missing two racial points.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:04 pm

I didn't feel it was necessary to specify I had a Cutie Mark Skill (arcana). I figured it could be assumed.

I'll write it in later though if it's that big of a deal.

Also realised I have one trained skill too many... Hmm.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum