Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Conjuration Combat Talents

4 posters

Go down

New Conjuration Combat Talents Empty New Conjuration Combat Talents

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

After seeing the popularity of conjurations, a lot of people have been asking for more options for conjurer-focused builds. We've been reluctant to make new ones up till now, due to the fact that they make combat slower and harder to track - but after a detailed beta test we've managed to counterpoint that with a variety of design techniques that make these new conjurations easy enough to keep track of and still have lots of fun attached. Enjoy!

Conjurer:

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

New Conjuration Combat Talents Empty Re: New Conjuration Combat Talents

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Oh cool, plus pip conjuration talents...

My only concern is the fact that, with the Rabbit-Filled Hat, you can give an ally a standard action for only one pip. I mean, that might not be a problem, but it's something I noticed...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Standard action granting in general is something we don't like much, but considering that you need to use a rather expensive item just to skip your turn (for a cost) in order to give someone else a turn... It's probably okay. In general, you can do absurd things very quickly with standard action granting - but most groups don't like doing it too much because it's not quite as fun. We're definitely keeping an eye on standard action granting in the system, but we're not yet convinced that it needs nerfing.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 am

I'm a big fan of conjurations ever since I started playing a Unicorn Mad Scientist in one of the PbPs, so I love the idea of more conjurations to choose from.

My initial thoughts are that, first off, the + PiP conjurations look great. I can imagine they'd be pretty funny with that one talent that makes conjurations invincible the turn they're summoned too.

The Shadow Archer looks okay, but I'm honestly not sure why I'd ever choose it over either of the wraiths, who have more HP and seem to be much more of a nuisance for the same PiP price. Maybe consider buffing it somehow, or making it have a cheaper PiP cost?

Finally, the Celestials both look good, but I think the Spectral Swordsman seems a bit underpowered too, considering he's a -5 PiP sink and the most damage he can do is 11. I don't know though. Since 2 of his abilities are minors, it might more or less even him out with other options of equivalent PiP cost.

Overall though, I'm happy to see that you're at least working on some new conjuration moves. Can we expect to see these in an update for the Art of War by chance?

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 am

Glad to hear they look good. =)

1) The rabbit and spark are both really fun. Especially when you use Consume Spirit, Bone Splinters or Putrid Explosion on them.

2) Shadow Archer is fantastic in certain builds that support its unique talents and it's better when facing non-solo enemies (which is where the other outclasses it).

3) Spectral Swordsman is actually extremely powerful. His board version bordered on too-cool-for-school and while it did moderately more damage it also had the restriction of having to be in melee distance (and this doesn't).

4) They're already in The Art of War. Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:05 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:4) They're already in The Art of War. 8)
That's some Ozymandias level plays you did there...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Translation?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Dude from watchman... Had this plan, the heroes reach him and ask him about what's his plans are going to happen... ONLY FOR THE HEROES TO FIND OUT IT WAS ALREADY DONE HALF AN HOUR AGO... So yeah... I think that might explain everything. If not somebody better then I at explaining get in here and post!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Dude from watchman... Had this plan, the heroes reach him and ask him about what's his plans are going to happen... ONLY FOR THE HEROES TO FIND OUT IT WAS ALREADY DONE HALF AN HOUR AGO... So yeah... I think that might explain everything. If not somebody better then I at explaining get in here and post!
It's good enough...

Spoiler:
But yeah, basically I don't think anyone thought you would had already added them. It certainly took me by surprise...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down