Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

+5
Curunir
casey1859
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
9 posters

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 20 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  deonte9109 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 am

"Shut up, I'm trying to figure out if that thing left yet."
Spoiler:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 20 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:07 am

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:42 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Shut up, I'm trying to figure out if that thing left yet."
"Don't tell me to shut up!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Shut up, I'm trying to figure out if that thing left yet."
Spoiler:

The timberwolf is still a short distance off, walking a slow and steady walk with plenty of head-turning. He's far away enough that he probably wouldn't hear anypony as long as they weren't shouting. But then again, you don't know how good the wolf's hearing is.

Dusk Raven wrote:
Spoiler:

The foliage is too thick for you to see anything through the trees - heck, seeing that there had been alternate paths to your left and right had been enough.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Brilliant wasn't sure if the wolf was gone or not but she decides to risk it anyway. "Scorch, while I share your distaste with his attitude, he's right in this case. We don't know if that timberwolf is lurking just out of sight waiting for us or not". Although... that gave her an idea! She reaches-out with her arcane senses again, trying to find the arcane signature of the collars she examined before. If the wolf still had its collar and was nearby, she could find it. Or any others waiting in ambush.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Brilliant Shimmer reaches out with her magic and finds...nothing in particular one way or the other.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 am

Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 am

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am

Brilliant shakes her head. "Nothing. It might be gone or it might just be hiding from me. Regardless, we need to move. I'd like to take a closer look at that stone, if nopony has any objections".
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:"Scorch, while I share your distaste with his attitude, he's right in this case. We don't know if that timberwolf is lurking just out of sight waiting for us or not"
Scorch growled a bit, then holds back his anger. "Sorry," the dragon mumbles...

Retrokinesis wrote:"Nothing. It might be gone or it might just be hiding from me. Regardless, we need to move. I'd like to take a closer look at that stone, if nopony has any objections"
Scorch nods to the suggestion, waiting for somepony to move first before following them...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Luthier relaxed just a little with the timberwolf apparently gone for now, emerging from hiding to continue on whatever course the group took next, eyeing the clearing with the stone and listening to see if anything had changed now the wolf was gone.

"You're right, I suppose there's no other way to see what it was doing. I'm a bit concerned about it though because we don't know what it is though- but unfortunately we can't know how safe it is until we've already went and investigated what it is. I'm as curious as anypony, just feeling a bit hesitant to leap into the unknown- but I'll trust your judgement: lead on."

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:51 pm

The stone's humming has not changed in any notable way - though of course the echo of it has slightly changed now that you're close to it and standing in a different direction from it than the little wooden fiend.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Wandering Eye stepped forward with Shimmer towards the stone, ready to assist her in her analysis if need be. Once that was done, he reasoned, he could share his perceptions on their current location - for now, there was magic to investigate.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 pm

I might be a bit late to the part-ay, but...
Spoiler:
Cobbled cupped his hooves around his eyes, if that was a thing ponies can actually do...
He looked for the Timeberwolf.
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:08 am

Cobbled cannot see anything in particular in the forested darkness.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 am

Attempting to help everypony analyse the rock, Scorch tries to pick it up...

(Athletics Roll: 5 (Roll) + 13 (Bonus) = 18)
(I think I'm gonna need someone to assist me here...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:35 pm

This is a terrible idea... Then again, Brilliant had just been planning on using the first rule of magic (poke it and see what happens) so it's not like this could be worse.

"Need a hoof there, Scorch? Maybe the symbols on the bottom will be different... " Brilliant's horn glows and she maneuvers her telekinetic force, trying to give Scorch some more leverage with the rock.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 pm

"Uh, wait a second," Plug says before Scorch can lift up the rock. "Are you...are you sure that lifting up that magic-cancelling rock is a good idea?" He shakes his head.

"Oh, that could be a good point! I hadn't considered that." Grizzle brushes his chin with his left hoof. "I am certainly not the expert on magic around here, but such a thing seems somewhat dangerous, does it not?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Lunar goes to check out the rock...

BECAUSE I WANTA DO SOEMTHING!:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Lunar recalls something that his granny timberwolf taught him, if one will pardon the overly-cute metaphor. All living beings in this world need magic to live, though you don't understand exactly why or how.

This rock, from what you've understood from what has been said around you, cancels out magic.

It's not a certain thing, of course, but picking it up seems like a relatively poor idea.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

"...um... DON'T touch that rock with magic... It's... somehow... non-magic that I think is kinda sucking in all magic into it..." Lunar states with worry, having no better words to explain what he was feeling.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"...um... DON'T touch that rock with magic... It's... somehow... non-magic that I think is kinda sucking in all magic into it..." Lunar states with worry, having no better words to explain what he was feeling.
"Well, in that case, could you lend a claw then?" asks the Dragon...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:14 pm

The Hippogriff nods and helps the dragon as best he can.

Athletics assist:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 pm

"No, WAIT!" Plug says, lifting up a hoof. But this time he is just a tad too late, as Scorch and Lunar move towards the rock and begin to lift it up.

There is a sharp noise. Most there cannot identify it as anything in particular, but the Royal Guard (And some of the more adventurous there) can identity that sound as a cracking bone. It's odd that such a sound would be made, however, considering the distinct lack of ways in which anypony has moved by which a bone might be broken.

In fact, Scorch and Lunar aren't moving at all.

As gravity takes over, causing the two to fall over to the ground, Grizzle rushes forward, teeth gritting and storm clouds gathering at the edges of his wings. He bends over to the necks of the dragon and the hippogriff. An intake of shallow breath, and on the exhale he whispers: "No pulse..." Then, a few steps back and he spreads his wings wide, storm clouds reaching their peaks at his shoulders. "Everypony stand back!"

As tiny bolts of lightning fly from the storm clouds at his wings, striking Scorch and Luna at approximately the center of their chests, Plug looks around. "It's not gonna be safe here for much longer. Between the lightning and whatever that noise was, every creature for a mile around that doesn't like us or is even mildly curious is gonna be chasing after us." He looks Brilliant Shimmer in the eye as the boom of thunder echoes just a couple feet away. He somehow manages to match the miniature storm's sheer intensity as he makes his decision about what needs to be done. "They need to be moving, now, by whatever method we can manage, and then we need to bolt."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Brilliant had released the telekinetic hold the moment she heard Lunar's warning, but now the dragon and the hippogriff were incapacitated. Right! Mental note: moving it was worse than poking it! She had no idea what had just happened to them but she moved with trained speed nonetheless. The rock could wait. Hopefully.

"I'm not a healer, but I'll do what I can". She tries to recall her first aid training and apply as much of it as she can to the wounded civilians. While doing that she turns to Plug and Grizzle, "We need to find somewhere defensible to move them to; we're completely exposed here. I might be able to drag them around with my telekinesis, provided I overcharge it, but it's going to take a lot out of me. Anypony else want to try lifting them first?"
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum