Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 11 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Kris_The_Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am

Tiffany took a step back, looking down at her feet. She did not like people like that and she just felt smaller because of it. She thought back to the rumor of her brother being seen around the temple and secretly wondered is he was working with Zilean. She winched slightly before slowly shaking the thought out of her head.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 am

Horizon does his best to stand there and look bored, but keeps an eye and ear out.

Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:20 am

"Evenin' Ma'am," Jeraylia greeted, tipping her a curtsy more like a bow. "I'm just glad I could be of help. The gods know you could use it."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 am

Skirting the edge of the group as per usual Zthulan gives a very small bow towards the deva, before noticing Tiffany also deciding to take a step back. Deciding that now is not the time to ask, the shaman's thoughts go back to the deva.

Why decide to marry someone who is not in the same cycle of life as you are? Thought Zthulan, who glances over to Jeraylia. Seems awfully lonely, though I suppose we can't decide what the heart wants...

Last edited by Azarune on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Just to clarify, the italicized text is Zthulan's thoughts, correct?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Yes, sorry about that. I should have been more specific, will edit that now.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm

The best Rolf can make out from the whispering is Tyler mouthing the word "nag".

"Well, thank you for taking the time to grace us with your presence, Mrs. Dale," Rolf said with a bow. "I am Rolf Towden, and these are my associates Horizon, Skitter, Jeraylia Shale, and Zthulan Ydal. We are glad that you've heard of our accomplishments, and we hope to continue to help finish off this undead menace and reclaim this lovely city."
Spoken like a true adventurer! Now, as I was saying, in light of your selfless actions for the betterment of this city, I believe that you all deserve a formal congratulations, and a reward befitting such - namely, a formal recognition via a city representative, such as myself, and a city-approved citizenry benefit, for your, as of yet unofficial, adventuring troupe! If you would be as kind as to follow me to my office, we can have the formalities set in stone, or rather, set in ink, as is the case here!, Damiana energetically exclaims.

The Mayor, hearing all of this, shows a hint of conflict in his face - it appears he wants to object or cut into the conversation, but appears to be hesitating as well.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:03 pm

"Because that's what we need- anyone and everyone from here to the next town knowing our names and faces, our praises being sung in every tavern, tales of our exploits traveling with traders to the farthest reaches. Might as well go pick out our gravestones now." Maybe it was her seeming naivete in this situation, or that she really was offering them up on a platter, but Horizon doesn't like and doesn't trust this one. He was already theorizing conspiracies in his head, but kept talking. "Compensation, reward, even funding, those are fine. But we don't need to be advertised as high profile and wealthy targets. We should remain as anonymous as possible." A Deva lives multiple lifetimes, perfect servant- or companion- for a lich.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Aside from that part where if they go evil they're likely to get re-born as Rakshasa. Not that I ever understood that since there are evil gods too. It's kinda why I don't like Deva. Not only are they sorta bound to the gods, they're specifically tied to not being evil. So when you see a Deva you pretty much get to know that they're more likely to be a good person than anyone else you meet.

"I would agree with Horizon on this. However, I wouldn't be against my title being formally recognized in these lands. Especially if it meant I was given some land to go with it." Skitter adds.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Rolf tried to assess the situation as best he could. He wasn't entirely sure exactly what a "formal recognition" and "citizenry benefit" would entail, but Horizon seemed to believe it meant sending out the description of their party out to various cities, at least in part. Rolf...wasn't quite sure he wanted to be associated with Horizon and Skitter much more than he had to, and while the Mayor may appreciate their help, he probably wasn't exactly "on board" with his wife's suggestion.

"...We appreciate your enthusiasm, Mrs. Dale, but at this time, some members of our particular group would prefer to remain more...anonymous than others. Besides, I think it would be best to finish dealing with our public reputation after the city has been saved.

But there is something you could help us with as a city representative. Now, while we are well known by yourself, the City Guard stationed here, and the refugees and clerics at the temple, there may be other various factions we encounter, such as the Magic Academy and some of the various guilds, that would be willing to help the city. However, from their eyes, we may seem as a random bunch of vagabonds, or worse, opportunists trying to pillage the city in this desperate hour. You could help us by drafting up some official papers that we could carry around with us stating that we are working with the government of Ferzaris to help stop Zilean and his minions, rather than constantly having to earn their trust. Do you think you could do that?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 am

"I'm fine." Tiffany replied, still looking down. "I'd rather not be labeled as an adventurer. I'm just here for other reasons."

"Besides, I'm just looking for him..." Tiffany thought, starting to question what she would do if she found her brother.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"...We appreciate your enthusiasm, Mrs. Dale, but at this time, some members of our particular group would prefer to remain more...anonymous than others. Besides, I think it would be best to finish dealing with our public reputation after the city has been saved.
"Hm, yes, he raises a good point, darling. Is this really necessary to do right now? Surely it can wait till after they've had a rest, at least!", the Mayor reluctantly speaks.

Of course it is, my honey-cheeked love!, she snaps, pinching one of the Mayor's cheeks, to the obvious amusement of the Captain and Sir Giles.
"Please don't do that in front of our guests..."

"You know how fickle adventurers are! One moment they're here, the next, they're fighting some new threat for goodness's sake! We could get attacked between now and morning, and when would I get time to do this? Never, that's when! I insist on it! And besides...", she continues, and whispers something to the Mayor's ear.

"Uh, uhm, yes, v-very good point. I'll let you, proceed, if they are, uhm, willing.", the Mayor feebly replies, accompanied by a large smirk from the Captain.

Lyntermas wrote:But there is something you could help us with as a city representative. Now, while we are well known by yourself, the City Guard stationed here, and the refugees and clerics at the temple, there may be other various factions we encounter, such as the Magic Academy and some of the various guilds, that would be willing to help the city. However, from their eyes, we may seem as a random bunch of vagabonds, or worse, opportunists trying to pillage the city in this desperate hour. You could help us by drafting up some official papers that we could carry around with us stating that we are working with the government of Ferzaris to help stop Zilean and his minions, rather than constantly having to earn their trust. Do you think you could do that?"
"Why yes, that is part of what formal recognition would bestow upon you! It would give you a fully-officially and semi-unofficially recognized "face" for your adventuring group, and supply you with proof of such, in the form of an officials seal, or other identifying method, for you to use your city-approved benefits with at will.

"As for anonymity, yes, that can be arranged as well - you are not the first formally recognized group, after all! This recognition needs not apply to the members personal or private information, and won't be released "publicly" unless you wish it so - it would be kept for legal proceedings or those directly working with such matters."

"All that's needed for "formal" recognition is proof of identity of some sort, or at the very least, undeniable proof of being part of said formal adventurer troupe, or some other method of preventing identity theft. It's frightfully common to have people try to reap benefits earned by formal and informal groups, pretending to be members, or doing illegal activities under guise of their name."

"Officially, you'd have a name as a group for both official and unofficial use, and members would be known via names, descriptions, or unique identifying methods, that you choose yourself. These can be pseudonyms, or such. Unofficially, your reputation is what you make it, or what you let us use in public, if there is such a need for it."

Are there any other objections, or shall we proceed?"

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm

>_< Got ignored so, nothing to really say.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Horizon doesn't have any ID, and he's already using a pseudonym. Now I'm just interested to see where this goes.

"Still sounds pointless and a bad idea." Horizon speaks more to the group than in answer to the Mayor's wife. "Repercussions of publicity aside, I'm not fond of being tagged and on record. Especially when working for the city. We had better be getting something good out of this."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Ramsus wrote:>_< Got ignored so, nothing to really say.

No, I just thought he was just making a on-the-side remark that didn't warrant a direct reply.

Ramsus wrote:"I would agree with Horizon on this. However, I wouldn't be against my title being formally recognized in these lands. Especially if it meant I was given some land to go with it." Skitter adds.
"An official title? I suppose that can be arranged, though it would be rather low priority, and slow, especially, in this time of crisis. Do you have any formal identifiers for your title? Documents, relatives, nobility signets, official "witnesses", or other proof of your title, or titles, you may hold from outside the city? A detailed family tree, in written form, or someone to reliably contact for purposes of a background check and confirmation of said title or titles, would greatly speed up the process. Otherwise, the most I can do right now, is assign your unconfirmed title to be used for official (or unofficial, if you so wish) records, which, in practice, applies an extra line to your name."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Uh... does he have any such things? I can't imagine he wouldn't have figured that would be important. Unless it'd have been just too large to carry.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 01, 2013 12:27 am

I think you described Skitter as "on the run, starving, hiding for days, with only the clothes on his back" in his introduction, so I'm guessing he either ditched all of those to make sure he can't be identified/recognized/assassinated, or at best, he has a ring signet with an emblem, or something similarly small, or something from his brothers/sisters. Wouldn't be much of much use for her unless she can recognize it, though.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 1:16 am

Skitter digs around in his pockets for a moment and pulls out a signet ring. "This is all the proof I have." he says, coldly and with a hint of challenge in his voice.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 am

After hearing the full explanation, Rolf started to nod. "...Yes, that sounds like it's workable, at least for dealing with this Zilean mess. Horizon, given the mess involved getting you IN here, there's a chance you're on record already, but at the end of all this, we can just have you "resign" from the group, and then you can be "free as the wind" or whatever. Besides, nobody really needs to know anything about "us", per se. All we need is a name for our group, and some form of ID saying we're in said group, possibly a badge or something."

Rolf shrugged. "Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm willing to try filling out the paperwork if it means not being suspected by every single non-cultist we encounter. The only questions remaining are what should we call ourselves, and where are we going to get some badges?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 01, 2013 4:20 am

"...Can you make it so we don't have to disarm whenever the guards tell us to? Because if so, then whatever let's do it. I vote 'The Shades' as the band name."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 am

I've got a name I was saving for a space adventurer type campaign, but I'm willing to let it go.

"I've always liked cats," Jeraylia commented thoughtfully, despite the subject matter. "I once knew a magician whose act was all about boxes and disappearing cats. You never knew which box they were until he opened them. Sometimes they weren't even in the boxes." Her fingers twitched as if they were trying to grasp something cute and fluffy. Coming to her sense, she continued, "Anyway, since we're keeping a low key, how about 'Schroedinger's cats'?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm

"I am not a cat." Skitter replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 01, 2013 4:44 pm

"I can't be sure if I'd like it or not. I'd have to see it in action first."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Ramsus wrote:"I am not a cat." Skitter replies.

"Ah, but you're as cute as a kitten," Jeryalia replied, patting him on the head. "Besides, we want the name not to be immediately identifiable with us."

Bronymous wrote:"I can't be sure if I'd like it or not. I'd have to see it in action first."

"You're not suggesting that we should exclaim it out akin to a battle cry, are you?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 01, 2013 6:17 pm

"Shall we proceed to the office while you decide amongst yourselves? The sooner I can start with the paperwork..."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next