Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

+10
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Whiteeyes
Zarhon
Curunir
Dusk Raven
Z2
Quietkal
14 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 3 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 am

As many as I can come up with witty alliterative names for, yes.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 3 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:49 am

Quietkal wrote:As many as I can come up with witty alliterative names for, yes.

No fun if you don't do all 26.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:17 am

Quietkal wrote:Dusk, if you wanna put that build into a document with some items and 6 traits, that'd be rocking and I'll add you to the list.

Forgive me, I've just been thinking about my build and whether or not I want to use the character it entails (good enough backstory though he has). Hmm, maybe I could ramble a little here on the flavor...

...The other reason is that 15,000 gold and 6 traits requires no small amount of thought.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:54 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Forgive me, I've just been thinking about my build and whether or not I want to use the character it entails (good enough backstory though he has). Hmm, maybe I could ramble a little here on the flavor...

...The other reason is that 15,000 gold and 6 traits requires no small amount of thought.
Take your time, people aren't exactly knocking down the door to sign up.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Now that you mention it should we go around trying to recruit more people?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:48 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Now that you mention it should we go around trying to recruit more people?
Meh. I'm sure people will show up, but I'll post on the looking for people thread just in case.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:38 am

Was sort of curious but I'm worried that I'd be far too new for it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Was sort of curious but I'm worried that I'd be far too new for it.

Its only combat, you'll be fine.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:27 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Was sort of curious but I'm worried that I'd be far too new for it.
If you've got a grasp on combat and there's some combo of traits/ talents/ items you want to try out, I'd say you're ready.
(I'm already looking for people to sick my creatures on, but that's entirely barely relevant.)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:15 am

Okay, here's the latest draft of Dead Eye, Equestria's greatest big-game hunter animal murderer, who baring some tweaks is ready to be let out of Alcatrotz and set against our Antagonistic Abomination:

Statblock:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:47 am

Seems fine. As you noted, missing some combat talents, but everything else adds up. That's a nice combo you're rocking with the Whirlig Blades, Vuln, and various +damage. Haven't seen that before.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:59 am

Reminds me of the assassasin I made.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm

So on a whim I just statted a level 10 version of one of my characters. Hopefully this is still open, because it seems like a good (read: the only) place to test his combat build. Of course, he has fully flavored noncombat stats as well.

So this is Phoenix, the Fire Demon.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, we are in fact still accepting, and this is indeed the only best topic to try it out.
Build seems fine, though I'd like to note that you've got All or Nothing twice on your battle plan. You can only use All or Nothing once per battle.

[edit] And with Bronymous, that brings you lot up to a standard 6 party. If you're so willing, you can initiate the fight without the other 2 players. If they subsequently signed up they would not join in this specific fight, however.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 pm

I say start.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:49 am

I just need to clean up a few things with my character "sheet" as it were, probably move it into a Google doc, but other than that I am prepared.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:33 am

It's amazing the kinds of things that you don't see until you're done specing a really good build around it. Oh well, that combat plan is completely changeable after turn 4, so I guess I don't need to do that twice. I'll figure out the best plan of attack when I get there.

I'd say wait, considering that this thing was built to take on 8 players. Then again, this has been here for how long, waiting for more people? Level 10 builds are pretty tedious to come up with, it figures not many people would go to the trouble.

Also, how does continuity work between encounters? Like, if my character were to accidentally die, would he be banned from the next one because storyline, forcing me to come up with a new one? Or are these literal one shots so we can apply what we've learned to our builds between fights?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:03 am

Bronymous wrote:Also, how does continuity work between encounters? Like, if my character were to accidentally die, would he be banned from the next one because storyline, forcing me to come up with a new one? Or are these literal one shots so we can apply what we've learned to our builds between fights?
As far as character death, if you just wanna slap some new flavor on it or come up with a semi-decent reason as to why they're not dead...either'll work.

I've been juggling how much continuity I want, and I'm thinking something in the range of 'some' to 'a little.' You'll get a chance to rebalance characters between fights with a semi-hint to the next fight, like "AAA is a single-target fight. Main mechanic is multiple lives."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Oh well, like I said I just want to see how this build works, and see if I can optimize it any further. And I technically do have a reason why he'd be alive again if he died... just probably not a great one from an outside viewpoint.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 am

Okay, I got the character sheet finalized, and here is the Google Doc - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTgVHCYbvNnXT97d4ZvqE8qcwXvRCHt1_XzMpstpNXI/edit?usp=sharing

In the meantime, if my character dies I'll... probably come up with a different character, if that's all right. I suppose we can expect reinforcements during this campaign?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 pm

New sheet looks good, added the new link.
New players signing up during a fight will jump in on the next fight, (example: they sign up while you're fighting AAA, they'd join the team for BBB.)
Not currently planning for any NPC's to join the fight on your side.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 am

Just thought I'd poke in and say I'm ready to go (since I'd been away for a while). Also basically finished adding flavor, and might have made a tweak or two to the character.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:18 am

Looks good! Took me longer than it should have to understand the play on words name.

That makes 3 for going ahead, and 1 for semiwait.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Go for it!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Question, story-wise - is each battle against the same "foe" so to speak, or is each battle a separate mission?

Also, I am totally for starting.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next