Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing in the Sandbox

+3
Ramsus
Caden2112
Dr Blight
7 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Playing in the Sandbox Empty Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Dr Blight Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Tethe responds by blinking a few times and stopping. "Oh, hi Toku... Keeping watch? Hey have you seen my...oh wait, there it is." She asks with a yawn as she turns and heads over to her own raptor, digging around in the pack strapped to it till she finds a jug of ale and takes a big swig. "That's the stuff! ...Want some?" She asks putting the cork back on and holding out the jug towards him.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Playing in the Sandbox Empty Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Caden2112 Sun May 19, 2013 11:07 pm

"You're...Alive? ...Yes, I think I will. I need a drink. I need a big drink..." He muttered. He was nowhere near drunk enough to be dealing with people coming back from the dead at this time of night...He took the jug, pulling the cork and taking a large pull from it, reinserting the cork afterward and handing it back to her. "We thought you were dead, you know...The others will want to know you pulled through after all...Also, I would advise against shambling at people in the future." It was a miracle, or-...Well, a malevolent act of a diety was still a miracle.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 pm

"Nope! Not alive, not technically! Still me though thanks to the ritual, except dead as a doornail and walking. Well, undead." She says with a smile as she takes another swig. "I guess this makes me a revenant or something similar?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun May 19, 2013 11:22 pm

"...Right..." Toku grumbled something incomprehensible for a moment, taking a breath. He was -really- hoping he'd just dozed off now and he was having a particularly odd dream. "Well, I suppose as long as you don't start trying to kill us, that's a plus...Are we going to need to keep doing the ritual, or do you have any clue...?" Somewhere in the back of his mind, he was trying to figure out how it worked, wondering what was going on, and generally trying to analyze the situation...He realized this wasn't the time, and fell quiet for a moment. "I have no idea...My area of expertise is machines, not the undead in general...Still, I suppose that worrying about it now isn't going to help anyone. We can figure out the rest of it later...How...Do you feel?" he asked after a moment, kind of wondering how it felt to be...well, undead.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun May 19, 2013 11:36 pm

"Well I've only recently gotten my memory about it back... but didn't seem like it. Drink the magic black ichor, come back to life next time you die. I don't recall hearing anything about repeating it or any kind of control ritual. Far as I can tell it's just a one-time reward, a little protection in case you die." She corks the jug again and offers is to Toku. "hmm... a lot colder than usual. I don't feel like sleeping at all either." She responds with a shrug. "I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while, or possibly ever again, so if you want I can help you keep watch?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 pm

The kobold shrugged and took a second drink before passing the bottle back, though he figured he shouldn't really imbibe too much more...When he got smote for what amounted to heresy as far as his diety of choice was concerned, he wanted to be sober enough to know. Plus, even if she seemed alright, he wasn't sure what to make of the situation...On the one hand, She -seemed- alright, if a bit lacking in the pulse department, on the other, he was pretty sure he was obligated to kill undead on general principle, and on the third, he hadn't the foggiest as to how the others would react to 'so Tethe got better last night and I killed her anyway.' For now, he shrugged, thinking. "Yeah, might as well...Don't suppose you've got anything better to do currently, huh?" He scowled a bit, thinking and trying to sort out his thoughts...He was keeping his eyes on what was going on, though he kept an eye on Tethe to make sure she didn't wig out and start trying to eat anyone, or given his luck, him. He was going to get his eyes pecked out for this or something...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 am

Tethe shifts in her seat slightly by her raptor and simply watches for a while. Eventually she draws out her shamisen from her pack and begins to play a quiet tune to pass the time as she watches.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 20, 2013 12:08 am

Eventually morning comes around and Cyrta is the first to open her eyes. When she exits the wagon, she sees Toku and Tethe.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 am

"AHHHH ZOMBIE TETHE!!!" The Pixie screams and throws a fireball at the dragonborn.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 am

Tethe quickly inhales and breathes out a jet of ice blue flames towards the fireball.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 am

The ice cancels out the fire with a hiss of steam and everyone else wakes up in alarm, having heard Cyrta shouting, whether or not they understood what she said.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon May 20, 2013 12:24 am

"Good morning!" Tethe said with a wave as the others wake up.

Maihime just stares for a moment, her hair a mess and her eyes bleary, before slowly turning around and walking back into the wagon to double-check.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 am

The Pixie get's ready to fire another fireball, this time trying to make a BIG ONE!

arcana FAIL:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 am

Toku looked up, bleary-eyed as the others woke up and took a look, sighing softly, though he did try to dive for cover when the first fireball came inward, feeling like an idiot as he stood..."So...Apparently Tethe doesn't believe in letting little things like dying stop her. She's not trying to eat us, though, so there's that. Please stop trying to blow her up while I'm close enough to get caught in the blast radius?" He hadn't slept at all, and at the moment, he was more focused on trying to get out of the pyromaniacal pixie's line of...well...fire...as opposed to being particularly reasonable.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 20, 2013 12:38 am

The fireball that the Pixie makes was a mini-sun a little bigger than Cyrta's body... And right before she threw it. The poor dear passed out and the magic harmlessly diffused back into nothingness.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon May 20, 2013 4:04 am

OOC: Sorry for not posting sooner. Here we go.

Skaimos had sort of...stopped since Tethe's death. There was nothing to say, nothing that could be said. So many, too many had already died on this journey. If he hadn't trusted that thrice-damned Mefas, then none of this would have happened. He had simply sobbed, listened as Mahime said she would preserve the body, and then continued on in silence.

Early the next morning, he heard a scream come from one of the wagons. Grabbing his staff, he angrily made his way to the wagon where the others were heading towards, charging up a telekinetic blast. "Couldn't leave us in peace for a few hours, could they? Nooo, just another blasted monster out to kill us all because, you know, that's their reason for being, apparently. Well, not this time, I'm going to either grind it into paste or rend its mind asunder so hard, that EVERY monster in a 50-mile radius will know what happens when you-"

He stopped, and his psionic energies dissipated when he saw Tethe. There she was, just sitting there, saying hello to everyone like nothing had happened. Toku said that whatever she was, she wasn't attacking them (of course, that hadn't stopped Cyrta from trying to lob a few fireballs). "...So, she...she's back? No lying?" Skaimos dropped his staff and ran to Tethe, giving her a hug, tears streaming down his face. She seemed...a bit colder than before, but he didn't care. "...Don't...*sniff*...don't do that again, Tethe-san. Don't you leave us like that again."

Last edited by Lyntermas on Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Time of day.)
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 am

Tethe blinks looking around for a moment at the sudden hug before awkwardly hugging Skaimos and patting his back. "There there... It's certainly not in my plans to go dying again. I don't think I can pull off the whole resurrection thing twice anyway."

Maihime eventually comes out of the wagon again, brushing her hair with one of her fans while still looking very much asleep. "Everyone... Tethe's body is gone..." she managed to get out through a big yawn.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed May 22, 2013 4:54 am

"Gone...? No, she's right there." Toku gestured to Tethe, getting up and walking over to pick up Cyrta, a bit uncertain about what to do with the pixie other than not let her get trampled underfoot...He'd already gone through his phase of being utterly weirded out by this, and now was just kind of tired after his watch..."It seems that the infection those creatures carry and the ritual to preserve her had an...interesting interaction..." He yawned as well, Maihime's being contagious it seemed..."So...I suppose the good news is my little eulogy was unnecessary."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 22, 2013 5:09 am

At around this point John, his men, Uhiya, and Thag come out to see what all the fuss is. Uhiya mutters a curse. Thag says, "Whut." and John remarks, "Well, that's a new one." to which his men shrug in reply or just stare blankly at Tethe. And then Mykaila peeks her head out of the wagon she was sleeping in, look at Tethe, says something that you couldn't really hear about dreaming, and goes back into the wagon.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 am

Skaimos released Tethe from the hug, then looked around at the others. "I...I'm just so glad that we're not losing any more people." He wiped his eyes. "Oh, good morning, everyone. Tethe-san...apparently is still with us, somehow. She's still intelligent (well, as intelligent as before), and she doesn't seem to have any desire to hurt anyone. I'm...not entirely sure how she's able to do that, but...bah, we can figure it out once we get to the city and out of this blasted desert where everything is trying to kill us."

Skaimos tried to think of if there was anything he knew about "intelligent undead."

Rolling Arcana...10 (1d20) + 14 + 10(Magic Point)= 34
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

Tethe thinks for a moment trying to remember what she can about the ritual. After a long moment she shrugs her shoulders. "I guess the closest thing is a lich. But even so it's not 100% accurate. Eitherway I don't feel any different mentally aside from not feeling tired or hungry at all. Speaking of, who wants breakfast?"

"I do!"
Maihime declares though another yawn, raising her hand in the air. ".......Why does my arm hurt?" She asks before staring at the big black splotch on her arm and blinking slowly. She slowly drops down to sit on the wagon as she continues to stare and you can practically see the wheels in her head beginning to spin at last. "....oh....right...." She turns and quietly shuffles back into the wagon one more time.

arcana roll Tethe:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

"Yes...Mahime-san, please...Tend to that before it gets worse..." She was...just drowsy, right? He really hoped that was just the case...Though he scowled, thinking for a moment. "I suppose I should get some breakfast...who wants to deal with the young one?" he asked, looking at Cyrta in his arms, thinking. "Because I may have my hands full...Literally...Handling this one, and someone should probably explain to her that...SOME undead...aren't just soul-less monsters..." He decided to leave any further editorials out, taking a deep breath.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat May 25, 2013 2:12 am

"...I'll try having a talk with her." Skaimos sighed, then walked over to the wagon that Mykaila had been sleeping in. "Mykaila-chan, do you have a moment? There's something we need to discuss."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat May 25, 2013 2:16 am

Mykaila had gone back to sleep but, she wakes up and appears to have heard Skaimos as she replies, "'K?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 25, 2013 2:17 am

Cyrta slowly returns to being awake... Looking really dizzy. "Wohhh... Manaburn..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next